Thread: Cameron Wake unhappy; pressure on 'Fins GM Ireland

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Cameron Wake unhappy; pressure on 'Fins GM Ireland

Though Ozzie Guillen might have temporarily wrested away the title of "Least Popular Sports-Management Figure in Greater Miami," Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland could still use himself some good PR.

He didn't get any help Tuesday, when NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported defensive end Cameron Wake was absent for the start of the team's offseason program under new coach Joe Philbin.

Wake -- the team's best pass rusher and an anchor of Miami's defense -- is unhappy with a contract he feels he's thoroughly outplayed. The 30-year-old linebacker has led the team with 32 sacks since joining the Dolphins from the CFL in 2009 and is entering the final year of a four-year deal that averages just $650,000 season.

Considering 700 grand comes out of Mario Williams' nose when he sneezes, it's understandable why Wake feels he's drastically underpaid.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...und-the-league

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Re: Cameron Wake unhappy; pressure on 'Fins GM Ireland

I side with the player here. Wake deserves to get paid. At 30 years old, he needs to take every opportunity available to get that big deal.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Fins need to pay Wake and fire Ireland. He is a POS and could be the worst GM in the NFL.
    All Defense!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The Fins need to pay Wake and fire Ireland. He is a POS and could be the worst GM in the NFL.
    I agree with that.

Asking players during combine interviews if their mothers are/were prostitutes...fucking sick. I can't wait until a player goes off and assaults him. He fucking deserves it.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Could be? Shit, this guy is the worst GM in all of pro sports. Scott Howson of the Columbus Blue Jackets might be the only one even close.

I don't know how he still has a job. Maybe something like George Costanza where he can get lost in a mountain of turmoil.
    All Defense!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Could be? Shit, this guy is the worst GM in all of pro sports. Scott Howson of the Columbus Blue Jackets might be the only one even close.
    i think scott has it by at least a nose

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I just hope Ryan Tannehill isn't there for Ireland at pick no. 8.

Can you imagine if the Fins miss out on him (assuming they want him)? That would be like strike ten for Ireland. Harbaugh, Fisher, Manning, Flynn, Smith... How many guys are they going to miss out on?

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    I just hope Ryan Tannehill isn't there for Ireland at pick no. 8.

Can you imagine if the Fins miss out on him (assuming they want him)? That would be like strike ten for Ireland. Harbaugh, Fisher, Manning, Flynn, Smith... How many guys are they going to miss out on?
    Unless the Browns take him at #4 or someone else trades up ahead of Miami for him, he will be there. And they really have to draft a QB to give them hope, because anyone with an actual choice stays away from actually signing with the idiots in Miami.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Unless the Browns take him at #4 or someone else trades up ahead of Miami for him, he will be there. And they really have to draft a QB to give them hope, because anyone with an actual choice stays away from actually signing with the idiots in Miami.
    The Browns seem to have serious interest and any other team who wants him is going to know exactly what you just said, so it's not a longshot that the Dolphins don't get a chance at him.

Tannehill is a developmental prospect. No way he can start the first game and have a successful career, especially in Stain Country. If you like Tannehill you are buying into the same hype that elevated Jamarcus, Vince Young and the rest of the back up QBs.
    All Defense!