Thread: Report: Rice not expected to report Monday

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Report: Rice not expected to report Monday

In a move that should surprise no one, running back Ray Rice won't report Monday when the Ravens' voluntary offseason workouts begin, a source told the NFL Network.

This would have been bigger news if Rice had decided to show up Monday. Rice has yet to sign his franchise tag and isn't expected to do so anytime soon.

He recently expressed a desire to attend the workouts, but this is strictly a smart business decision. By putting the tag on Rice, the Ravens are only on the hook for this season. The team has given no long-term security to Rice, so why should he risk long-term consequences by participating in any team-related activity this spring?

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-report-monday

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Report: Rice not expected to report Monday

The Ravens will be missing their offense Monday

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

This will only become significant if he sits out the season. Not going to happen. Same with Wallace.

Just more off season space filler.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Well, he's not under contract, so why would he show up?

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Baltimore fans are really naive. I was just browsing a Ravens board looking for some reaction the the fact that it seems like Rice and the team are pretty far apart from a contract agreement and they are all busy talking about Joe Flacco. One poster had the audacity to say that Flacco is a top five quarterback. I just hope the front office is as concerned about their average QB as the fans are. I'd much rather have to deal with Flacco for the next few years than Rice and it's not even close. New Flacco deal = Steelers dominance for the next half decade.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I just can't imagine what we are going to do now that Flacco is emerging as an elite QB. He is bound to win 2 of the next 3 SB. I hope Baltimore falls asleep and lets him go. Then we can pick him up and get rid of our headache once and for all.

Hope Ravens fans don't read down here. PLEASE sign Flacco to a top 5 contract. It will be the best gift to the Steelers that the Ravens could ever give us.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Not to mention Joe Harbaugh is a first class person and coach which exemplifies the entire organization. If Rice does not want to show up for camp, then he is not acting like part of the family and should go to the NFC.
    All Defense!