Thread: Griese: Bounties weren't necessary in '70s

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Griese: Bounties weren't necessary in '70s

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Bob Griese said there weren't bounties on quarterbacks in his day because back in the 1970s, knockout attempts were so routine they didn't merit extra payment.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Griese: Bounties weren't necessary in '70s

And back in the day those players could use the extra money. I remember one player near my home used to sell mobile homes off a lot in the off-season.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

how ironic. the game lacks so much physicality today that some need to be motivated by money just to lay a lick that's beyond the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Bob Griese said there weren't bounties on quarterbacks in his day because back in the 1970s, knockout attempts were so routine they didn't merit extra payment.
    That is when football was football! Not the National Flag League that it is becoming
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir