Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

2012 Penguin postseason thread.

16 wins for the Cup!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

Lets go Pens!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

normally its tough for me to root against the pens.......not this time. go flyers

this should be a brutal series

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

It's a shame offsides goals aren't reviewable.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Come on guys, hold them!

Just getting dominated down low.

C'mon Pens! Lets Go!

I knew that was coming. Blysma should have called his time out before when it first started slipping away.

We'll be lucky to get it to overtime.

If we lose this game the series is all but lost. You can't lose a 3-0 lead at home and win a series.

I'll watch to the end, but that's probably it for this series. A sweep wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    normally its tough for me to root against the pens.......not this time. go flyers

this should be a brutal series
    Go to hell. Find another thread, this is for Pens fans.

When we still had a two goal lead, there was a point where we were just getting dominated down low, but Fleury kept making saves and getting stoppage's. That's when Blysma should have called his time out, and got this team it's equilibrium back. Nice we took that time out into overtime.

Someone has to make a play! Let's go Pens!!!!

Hate to do a XT. But game set match. Season is over.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Hard to disagree considering this is exactly how the Pens played against the Flyers all season.

Words can't describe how I feel right now. That's pretty damn bad that you have a three to nothing lead and collapse like that. I'm speechless. Just watching that game, the Pens got sloppier as the game progressed. Talk about inconsistent.

As much as the lose sucks, we can still move on.

Biggest issue: letting the foot off the pedal, you can't do that. Why? Why do teams in all sports do this?

Biggest issue puck possession. They just dominated the puck for long stretches of the 3rd period. Blysma really was an idiot not to use a time out to try to stem the tide before it was too late.

All I can do is shake my head. I really hope that they learn from tonight. I hope they learn NOT to let off the pedal.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Looks like I made a good decision to not watch the game tonight, which means I'm not watching Friday night, either. My blood pressure is thanking me for it.

This is exactly why I did not want the Pens to face the Flyers. For some reason they love letting them back into the game, and the Flyers being a very good team, they take full advantage. If the Pens don't win Friday night, this series is over.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Looks like I made a good decision to not watch the game tonight, which means I'm not watching Friday night, either. My blood pressure is thanking me for it.

This is exactly why I did not want the Pens to face the Flyers. For some reason they love letting them back into the game, and the Flyers being a very good team, they take full advantage. If the Pens don't win Friday night, this series is over.
    Just can't let of the gas pedal. Just can't do it.

Moving on. It was only game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    All I can do is shake my head. I really hope that they learn from tonight. I hope they learn NOT to let off the pedal.
    That wasn't it at all. They shut down our power play and Malkin's line. Malkin can't play without the puck. I'd say the Flyers controlled the puck 65% of the time Malkin's line was on the ice. The power play generated some chances. But not enough. Their kill was better than our will.

Of course even as lousy as we played if an offsides goal is disallowed ( as it should have been) or Staal's wrister goes in instead of clanking off the post ( would have put us up 4-1) we would have won.

I don't know if that encourages me going foward of makes me think it's just not our year?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    That's a good way to look at it. Like I said earlier, they just can't let off the gas pedal.

That wasn't it at all. They shut down our power play and Malkin's line. Malkin can't play without the puck. I'd say the Flyers controlled the puck 65% of the time Malkin's line was on the ice. The power play generated some chances. But not enough. Their kill was better than our will.

Of course even as lousy as we played if an offsides goal is disallowed ( as it should have been) or Staal's wrister goes in instead of clanking off the post ( would have put us up 4-1) we would have won.

I don't know if that encourages me going foward of makes me think it's just not our year?
    I mean, we can't let one game decide the season. Especially since it was only game one. I hope this lights a fire under their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Losing a 3-0 lead in game 1 at home is a statement, and not a good one. Not impossible, but really hard to see it. Outside of sending Martin down for the rest of this series, I'm not sure what they can change. We just don't match up with the flyers.

Losing a 3-0 lead in game 1 at home is a statement, and not a good one. Not impossible, but really hard to see it. Outside of sending Martin down for the rest of this series, I'm not sure what they can change. We just don't match up with the flyers.
    I'm trying to be positive here. Let me have my brief moment.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I'm thinking it's not their year.

Now do you see why I was so angry with them for blowing their chance to beat out the Rangers for 1st overall? Although, they don't really match up well against the Sens given that they allowed 19 goals in their past 3 meetings, so that may not have been good for them either. Playing the Flyers in round 1 was a nightmare scenario that I desperately wanted them to avoid at all costs.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Briere being back made a huge difference. The last game we beat them he was out and we all saw how he killed us tonight and always does. I'm frustrated because I would rather lose 6-0 then blow a 3 goal lead, but hey I'm used to it be honest the Pens do it OFTEN. They need to learn how to keep the pedal on the floor and NEVER let up, I do blame Bylsma sometimes, but I know that the Cryers gave it a huge push and had all the momentum by the OT.

All I can do is be positive and know it's only 1 game, but I will say if we lose the next home game, the series is over.

Go Pens.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Let's just hope the Pens respond and give the Flyers Hell on Friday night.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Let's just hope the Pens respond and give the Flyers Hell on Friday night.
    It's a must win man. Losing both home games means nothing, but disaster.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd