Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    I've watched a couple games in Philly and have never been touched by anyone or any of their possessions. Maybe I've just been lucky. But I wouldn't attend a game without making my rooting interests known. I can understand that risk isn't for everyone though.
    I don't hide my rooting interest. It becomes pretty clear to whomever is sitting around me pretty quickly that I'm all in on the Pens. I just don't wear it on my sleeve in a literal sense. It's usually not the guy next to you that will bother you, it's the one 8-10 rows away.

I'm there to enjoy the game and cheer my team on. I don't consider it my duty to take on every stupid drunk that is there to make his bones in front of his friends that day.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I don't hide my rooting interest. It becomes pretty clear to whomever is sitting around me pretty quickly that I'm all in on the Pens. I just don't wear it on my sleeve in a literal sense. It's usually not the guy next to you that will bother you, it's the one 8-10 rows away.

I'm there to enjoy the game and cheer my team on. I don't consider it my duty to take on every stupid drunk that is there to make his bones in front of his friends that day.
    I'd wear a Steelers jersey to a Ravens/Steelers game, but I've never dealt with Philly fans at that large of a scale before. I also want to enjoy it and I'm sure they'll pick it up that I'm a Pens fan.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'd wear a Steelers jersey to a Ravens/Steelers game, but I've never dealt with Philly fans at that large of a scale before. I also want to enjoy it and I'm sure they'll pick it up that I'm a Pens fan.
    My dads friend from work went to a game in Philly with his Pens jersey on and had a beer bath before it started. He ended up fighting the guys bad story I know you wouldn't do that :P

I'll be at the big screen tomorrow woot!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    My dads friend from work went to a game in Philly with his Pens jersey on and had a beer bath before it started. He ended up fighting the guys bad story I know you wouldn't do that :P

I'll be at the big screen tomorrow woot!
    I hate fans like that.

I got a Coke and rum shower at an LSU game once (it was intended for a Notre Dame fan). That was on an evening when the temperature was in the 30s, we were getting curbstomped, and thanks to the idiot fan I was wet. When security was dragging the perp away I yelled at them to search the jackass for alcohol and said I got hit with it and definitely smelled rum mixed into the Coke.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Go Pens!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

This one is for Marianne! Go Pens!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This one is for Marianne! Go Pens!
    Here, here!

LET'S GO PENS!

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Someone put Sidney Crosby on a milk carton.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

At least they weren't swept. I would have loved if that offsides goal in game one had been disallowed as it should have been. But that's life.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pretty much sums up this series...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Sid did not look his usual self. I hope he is not hiding any issues. Of course, Geno hasn't played like his regular season self either.

Just a pathetic performance by the Pens overall. I think we will see changes. Nothing crazy, but Mario is not one to sit still and settle for first round losses, either.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Sid did not look his usual self. I hope he is not hiding any issues. Of course, Geno hasn't played like his regular season self either.

Just a pathetic performance by the Pens overall. I think we will see changes. Nothing crazy, but Mario is not one to sit still and settle for first round losses, either.
    I'd start by firing Blysma. He got outcoached like no one's business.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I'd start by firing Blysma. He got outcoached like no one's business.
    Not sure Mario will pull the trigger in the off season, but they better play well early next season for sure.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

I think the players have more to answer for this loss today. they played like they were skating in mud. they were about as intense as a book reading of War and Peace.

Was this team missing veteran leadership? I think so.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

The Pens really need to bring in some vets or have some players step to get a locker room presence. I hoping they will bring in a couple defensemen, a backup goalie, and maybe another winger or two. Something need to change after that embarrassment.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I don't blame anything or anyone. The Pens were outplayed. The Cryers had more will and heart in this series than the Pens could ever muster. Of course we have more all around skill than them, but the Cryers came out determined and proved it. I hate to admit that, I hate the Cryers, but hey hearing them chant "Crosby Sucks" is hilarious IMO because even they know he is the best in the world and will always own them.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

There will definitely be changes made. They can be forgiven for last season's first-round exit and even their 2nd round exit in 2010 since they'd played 300+ games in 2+ calendar years at that point, but there is no excuse for them to be one and done this season. Not with all of that talent. More strong veteran leadership is sorely needed on this team. How people forget how important Bill Guerin, Sergei Gonchar, Hal Gill and, yes, Max Talbot were to those 2 Cup final runs. As for Bylsma, he will not be fired, but he will need to make changes to his system and make adjustments when his system isn't working. He's shown he has the ability to do it since last season was nothing but one big adjustment with his stars being out. But this year was unacceptable in every way - intensity, preparation, adjustments, you name it. The Pens were clearly not prepared to play this series, and that falls at the feet of the head coach.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Ugggh, it has to be to THEM?!?!?!?!!?!?

Anyway, as has been said, I hate the Flyers, but the penalty kill was horrendous. Taking penalties and stooping to the Flyers level was Icing on the cake (Although one bright spot is, the Flyers suffered their biggest butt kicking in playoff history against us this series.)

http://www.nhlfreeagents.com/Pittsbu...uins_2012.html

Anyway, here is our free agency list for 2012 along with my opinions

Steve MacIntyre--Signed
    Casey Pierro-Zabotel--jury is out
    Steve Sullivan--Won't be surprised if gone
    Eric Tangradi--Doesn't seem to be high on their thoughts. Won't be stunned if he is gone.
    Ryan Craig--jury is out
    Cal O'Reilly--Might give him more time. He was a later pick up for the Penguins.
    Kevin Vellieux--Not sure
    Arron Asham--GOOD BYE! He has some of the biggest discipline problems on this team (not to say the likes of Cooke was anymore innocent before fixing his image nicely)
    Colin McDonald--Not sure
    Richard Park--Gone by retirement
    Jason Williams--Not sure
    Robert Bortuzzo--Signed to WBS
    Alex Grant--Signed to WBS
    Matt Niskanen--They seemed to miss him for the most part while he was out, I'd say resign although defensemen HAS to be a point of emphasis in the offseason although I could see Despres starting the year in Pittsburgh.
    Alexandre Picard--Not sure
    Carl Sneep--Want to see what he does in the playoffs at WBS first
    Brian Strait--Seemed to make a smooth transition. I'd like to see him play a full season if possible, re-sign.
    Boris Valabik--Not sure
    Brent Johnson--GONE unless no better options show up in FA or in the system.
    Mattias Modig--Signed for WBS depth
    Scott Munroe--Signed for WBS depth
    Brad Thiessen--Signed either for WBS depth as Fleury's back up (Even though he did have a flat out BAD game against Ottawa, but it's not fair to call that his true talent.)

For the full 2012 Free Agency Pool
    http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...d-by-position/

Anyone for a homecoming of the USS Hal Gill? It would beat the crap out of seeing Paul Martin.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Ugggh, it has to be to THEM?!?!?!?!!?!?

Anyway, as has been said, I hate the Flyers, but the penalty kill was horrendous. Taking penalties and stooping to the Flyers level was Icing on the cake (Although one bright spot is, the Flyers suffered their biggest butt kicking in playoff history against us this series.)

http://www.nhlfreeagents.com/Pittsbu...uins_2012.html

Anyway, here is our free agency list for 2012 along with my opinions

Steve MacIntyre--Signed
    Casey Pierro-Zabotel--jury is out
    Steve Sullivan--Won't be surprised if gone
    Eric Tangradi--Doesn't seem to be high on their thoughts. Won't be stunned if he is gone.
    Ryan Craig--jury is out
    Cal O'Reilly--Might give him more time. He was a later pick up for the Penguins.
    Kevin Vellieux--Not sure
    Arron Asham--GOOD BYE! He has some of the biggest discipline problems on this team (not to say the likes of Cooke was anymore innocent before fixing his image nicely)
    Colin McDonald--Not sure
    Richard Park--Gone by retirement
    Jason Williams--Not sure
    Robert Bortuzzo--Signed to WBS
    Alex Grant--Signed to WBS
    Matt Niskanen--They seemed to miss him for the most part while he was out, I'd say resign although defensemen HAS to be a point of emphasis in the offseason although I could see Despres starting the year in Pittsburgh.
    Alexandre Picard--Not sure
    Carl Sneep--Want to see what he does in the playoffs at WBS first
    Brian Strait--Seemed to make a smooth transition. I'd like to see him play a full season if possible, re-sign.
    Boris Valabik--Not sure
    Brent Johnson--GONE unless no better options show up in FA or in the system.
    Mattias Modig--Signed for WBS depth
    Scott Munroe--Signed for WBS depth
    Brad Thiessen--Signed either for WBS depth as Fleury's back up (Even though he did have a flat out BAD game against Ottawa, but it's not fair to call that his true talent.)

For the full 2012 Free Agency Pool
    http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...d-by-position/

Anyone for a homecoming of the USS Hal Gill? It would beat the crap out of seeing Paul Martin.
    Keven Veillieux has had 2 knee injuries in 3 years and I don't see him back. Carl Sneep is injured and won't be playing in the playoffs out here. Alexandre Picard has been one of our better D-men this season. If you want to know any more about the WBS guys, feel free to ask me. I am a season ticket holder for the WBS Pens after all.

One thing is becoming obvious. The Pens early demise from the playoffs wasn't that the Flyers were that good, it was that the Pens were that bad. And no not talent wise. I still believe the talent is at or near the top of the league. The team was poorly prepared for the playoffs and the Flyers in particular. Apparently the Pens have no plans to fire Blysma. And maybe that's the right approach. But they damn well better figure out what went wrong and how they're going to address it. The Pens special teams falling apart after being among the league's best all season is still baffling to me? Relative to talent this might be the most disappointing post season performance in Pens history.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

One thing is becoming obvious. The Pens early demise from the playoffs wasn't that the Flyers were that good, it was that the Pens were that bad. And no not talent wise. I still believe the talent is at or near the top of the league. The team was poorly prepared for the playoffs and the Flyers in particular. Apparently the Pens have no plans to fire Blysma. And maybe that's the right approach. But they damn well better figure out what went wrong and how they're going to address it. The Pens special teams falling apart after being among the league's best all season is still baffling to me? Relative to talent this might be the most disappointing post season performance in Pens history.
    I'm sure they'll fix it. I also agree that the Pens could have won that series if it wasn't for the piss poor play by them.

Make sure you all go out and vote for Malkin I'd love to see him make the cover of NHL13 def. since I love this series. Looks like Giroux and Hartnell are both favorites right now and honestly would hate purchasing a physical copy if they were. Malkin made it to the second round which begins May 11th. http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=firefox12/#/ballot

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Make sure you all go out and vote for Malkin I'd love to see him make the cover of NHL13 def. since I love this series. Looks like Giroux and Hartnell are both favorites right now and honestly would hate purchasing a physical copy if they were. Malkin made it to the second round which begins May 11th. http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=firefox12/#/ballot
    That would be awesome to see Malkin on the cover. I've been thinking about NHL Live for the best few years and I'll definitely buy it if hes on the cover.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

flyers is out!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    flyers is out!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    flyers is out!
    That's great, because Flyers fans deserve nothing but pain and misery. But it pisses me off because if the Pens had bothered to play actual playoff hockey, they would have ousted the Flyers in the first round. They really weren't anything special. At all. I also find it extremely ironic that Claude Giroux got himself suspended for tonight's game for a head shot that he pretty much called, after the Flyers fans thought he could do no wrong...all the while bashing the Pens and particularly Crosby and Malkin for their dirty play in the first round. So they got exactly what they deserved, which was absolutely nothing.

See you on the golf course, you orange-jumpsuited prison inmates.