Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: 2012 Penguin postseason thread.

I do know one thing...this will be the last time I ever pick them to win a series against anyone. I'm sick of them constantly shitting the bed and making me look bad. Until they learn how to have a fucking killer instinct, this team will never win another Cup.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I do know one thing...this will be the last time I ever pick them to win a series against anyone. I'm sick of them constantly shitting the bed and making me look bad. Until they learn how to have a fucking killer instinct, this team will never win another Cup.
    It just makes me so upset because look at this line up, they are loaded offensively and defensively, but don't show it on the ice. What happened to the fucking D. Martin and Mikalek have been busts this whole season and it's sad.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    It's a must win man. Losing both home games means nothing, but disaster.
    . I know, it will be a hard hole to climb out of if they lose, one that can be climbed out of, but a hard one.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    It just makes me so upset because look at this line up, they are loaded offensively and defensively, but don't show it on the ice. What happened to the fucking D. Martin and Mikalek have been busts this whole season and it's sad.
    Their D has been a problem ever since Sid came back, because before then they were a top 10 defensive team. It hasn't just been Martin and Michalek, but Orpik hasn't played well and the forwards aren't doing nearly enough to help. They are so preoccupied with offense that they end up playing sloppy hockey and give their opponents too many chances. They still don't understand that playing solid defense allows them to play their game because it would allow them to control the puck more often. The Wings have done it that way for years, which is why they have been so successful. The Pens had better figure it out - and find their killer instinct - or there's just going to be more of the same. Skill alone will not win you championships.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Go to hell. Find another thread, this is for Pens fans.
    wow!!. no need to be an ass

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    How the hell do you reconcile being a Steeler fan and Flyer fan? Just doesn't go together. Be like someone liking Alabama football and L.S.U basketball. Doesn't seem to mix?

But more to the point, I live in Flyer country. Bad enough I got to put up with undoubtedly the worst fan base in all of American sports on a daily basis. I really don't expect to see it here on what is clearly a largely segmented pro Pittsburgh message board.

That said I was out of line, sorry. I carry a lot of emotion with my fandom. I'm jazzed up for this series and just I'm not into rationale discussion with an enemy fanbase.

Post as you like where you like, but if this series goes where i think it's going I'll probably end up putting you on ignore. ( which I'm sure you wont mind being as I'm an ass ) I get enough shit from the surrounding folk where I live. On this thread I'm looking for commiseration or celebration from fellow Penguin fans.

Again sorry though.

A couple weeks after the season is concluded I'll shelve it all. But for now, I'm not looking for the Flyer fans point of view.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Their D has been a problem ever since Sid came back, because before then they were a top 10 defensive team. It hasn't just been Martin and Michalek, but Orpik hasn't played well and the forwards aren't doing nearly enough to help. They are so preoccupied with offense that they end up playing sloppy hockey and give their opponents too many chances. They still don't understand that playing solid defense allows them to play their game because it would allow them to control the puck more often. The Wings have done it that way for years, which is why they have been so successful. The Pens had better figure it out - and find their killer instinct - or there's just going to be more of the same. Skill alone will not win you championships.
    Special teams will play a factor as well. It was evident last night. You simply cannot let big chances slip. The Pens went zero for three and the Flyers went one for one. The Pens need to also fix this as well. Take advantage of the PP and kill it when you have to, but the best thing they can do is not to get any penalties in the first place.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Wow I went to a movie after the first period when it was 3-0 and didn't even look at the score until now. Unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Wow I went to a movie after the first period when it was 3-0 and didn't even look at the score until now. Unbelievable...
    Unbelievable is the right word to describe it for Pens fans. There are a couple of ways to fix this and not allow this to happen again. As XT pointed it out, defense and as I pointed out, special teams. If you fix those two things plus puck management, we should be able to beat them. O, one more thing, DON'T LET OFF THE GAS PEDAL.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Go to hell. Find another thread, this is for Pens fans.
    What a polite young man you are

You know, i'm a Pen's fan myself, but I didn't notice anywhere where it said "Pens fans only"

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was messed up too. Maybe he was just messing, but either way, not very homely

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was messed up too. Maybe he was just messing, but either way, not very homely
    Emotions are going to fly in this thread for this series. Huge rivalry so expect some hostility for a little while.

I don't have a problem with vasteeler posting here. Even though he's a Flyers fan, he would keep it respectful if and when they beat the Pens. He's not the type to rub it in like most Flyers fans.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Emotions are going to fly in this thread for this series. Huge rivalry so expect some hostility for a little while.
    Yeah, I understand that. Just have to be careful.

Yeah, I understand that. Just have to be careful.
    Yup. It's going to be an emotional series for both sides. We just have to do our best and keep those emotions in check.

Yup. It's going to be an emotional series for both sides. We just have to do our best and keep those emotions in check.
    Try not watching. Works wonders for your emotions.

And your blood pressure

O I'll be watching. Even if I didn't watch it would still affect my emotions.

Pens Inside Scoop ‏ @PensInsideScoop
    #Pens lines are unchanged: 14-71-18, 26-87-9, 24-11-48, 45-46-27, 25-15-12. Follow the prac. updates here: http://bit.ly/HNMPJR -MC

ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT ‏ @ROOTSPORTSPIT
    Back to work! -DP http://yfrog.com/oeqsjihj

The guys are back to work as we speak.

11:30 AM:
    A pretty spirited practice so far from the guys. They're jawing at each other and are quite animated on the ice. It appears that they've put the Game 1 loss behind them. This is the workings of a veteran team.

--Sam Kasan

Via Pens Report

Yeah well, we'll see what that "veteran team" is made of tomorrow night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2...enguins_season

Scroll down to the playoff log and look at the Caps and Red Wings series and tell me what you see. They can overcome deficits.

11:42 AM:
    The Pens experimenting with a new-look power play at practice. Sullivan returns to the point with Letang. Malkin and Kunitz are still up front. But Crosby and Neal are rotating during the drills.

The Pens are using a lot of different variations, mixing and matching a lot of players on the first and second power play units. Martin and Crosby also worked the points. Crosby worked the halfwall at different times. Cooke, Staal and Kennedy took different shifts up front.

--Sam Kasan

Via Pens Report

11:42 AM:
    The Pens experimenting with a new-look power play at practice. Sullivan returns to the point with Letang. Malkin and Kunitz are still up front. But Crosby and Neal are rotating during the drills.

The Pens are using a lot of different variations, mixing and matching a lot of players on the first and second power play units. Martin and Crosby also worked the points. Crosby worked the halfwall at different times. Cooke, Staal and Kennedy took different shifts up front.

--Sam Kasan

Via Pens Report

Why do these writers post this for the other team to read

Why do these writers post this for the other team to read
    Yeah, but they aren't being too specific on what they're doing.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

ok WTH happened i went to bed they where wining 3-1 about halfway through the 2nd

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    ok WTH happened i went to bed they where wining 3-1 about halfway through the 2nd
    Shitty defense and complacency happened. The kiss of death in any playoff game or series.

As for the PP, it's real simple:

Sullivan and Letang on the points
    Crosby, Malkin, Neal up front

Make it so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Pittsburgh_Penguins_season

Scroll down to the playoff log and look at the Caps and Red Wings series and tell me what you see. They can overcome deficits.
    One small difference with that team compared to this one. They had a legitimate shutdown D pair, compared to Letang and a bunch of overpaid guys that suck.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

One small difference with that team compared to this one. They had a legitimate shutdown D pair, compared to Letang and a bunch of overpaid guys that suck.
    You sure liked them a lot when we signed them.

Martin, especially, has really under performed... or sucks as you put it.