Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Pirates Regular Season Thread

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

2012 Pirates Regular Season Thread

Just realized we didn't have a thread for the new season yet, its not offseason anymore!

Lets Go Buccos!!

I know the game is still 0-0 but I like our lineup and pitching so far.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Re: 2012 Regular Season Thread

Thank you phew I totally forgot as well! GO BUCCOS!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

1-0 Phils. I can't complain Bedard has pitched a great game so far and Halladay has done what he always does, dominates. 3 Innings left to work, Go Bucs!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Bucs lose 1-0 what can I say Halladay allowed two hits and dominated as he usually does on a game to game basis. Bucs found to offense, but I was happy with Bedards pitching. He kept the Phils blanked until the 7th inning and had solid control of his pitches all day. 0-1 against Halladay I can't be upset. GO BUCS!

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

As soon as Bedard gave up that run, I knew the game was over. Tough matchup against one of the best pitchers in the game. Can't get upset about that.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

It would have been nice if they won, but it was a tough match up and Eric did a great job today, I was very impressed.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Awesome walk off single by Alex. That was great and what this team needed to help jump start this season! Did anyone see Cutch chasing after Alex with a bat after the single? Pens won, Buccos won, today was a good day.

Blow for blow, that pretty much has been the name of the game for this series. However, the Phillies are winning it today. Come on Bucs.

And once again the Pirates prove me wrong. Just when you think the game is starting to slip away, the Battlin' Bucs fight back. You also have to love the douche bag Philly media making the Phillies out to be the best and have already won the World Series. Fuck em, we owned Philly's ass this weekend.

Member Array title="OnlyOne21 is on a distinguished road">

While the bats were not there for the first homestand to come away with taking 2 of 3 from the Phillies is a pretty good start. Kudos to the entire Pirates pitching staff. Only 4 earned runs over 28 innings. It may be a blessing to get this west coast road trip out of the way early and maybe catch some of the big arms a little off. They will have to face Kershaw tomorrow since he only pitched 3 innings before the flu caught up to him on his opening day start. Hopefully he hasn't fully recovered.

Go Bucs!

Lets go Bucs! Today is the start of a nine game road spree. Lets start it off right!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Im heading to the game in SF on Sunday, should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Im heading to the game in SF on Sunday, should be fun.
    I hope you have a good time!

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Guess what guys! The Buccos are .500

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    Guess what guys! The Buccos are .500
    . Never thought I'd see the day.

Tonight is the final game of the series between the Pirates and Dodgers. The Pirates need to win tonight to have .500 record. The Dodgers have started off really strong this year and are showing it. The Pirates' pitching has actually been good and same thing with defense. The issue from last year that has continued into this season so far is little offense. The Bucs need to hit more balls.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Problem is they have faced some very tough pitching so far - Halladay, Lee, Kershaw and Billingsley. 3 of the 4 have won Cy Young Awards. Not easy to score runs off those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Problem is they have faced some very tough pitching so far - Halladay, Lee, Kershaw and Billingsley. 3 of the 4 have won Cy Young Awards. Not easy to score runs off those guys.
    Yup. That is something that has to be taken into account. Since they beat the one and barely lost to the other two, can't complain too much.

We seriously need to stop giving teams a run in the first inning of each game. It's already annoying.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Ugh. We're hardly started and already in a hole tonight.

Ugh. We're hardly started and already in a hole tonight.
    Not a good way to start the game. Who would have figured that the Dodgers would have started out this strong.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Not a good way to start the game. Who would have figured that the Dodgers would have started out this strong.
    Yeah, the season is young but still - they're rolling.

Yeah, the season is young but still - they're rolling.
    Yeah I know.... five strikeouts already is really bad.

There we go!

There we go!
    That home run was needed and the pitching/defense has been good. Other than that fluke first inning, this has been a close game.

At least we're staying in most of these games.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I actually think we look pretty good. The series against the dodgers was humbling, but LA is playing lights out right now. Another tough series against SF starts today (if the rain here holds off). I'll be at the game Sunday, hopefully they pull out the win.

Other than that first inning, the Pirates played pretty good last night. This was probably their best game of the series. Pitching was great once again, the defense and Cutch were great, but we need more offense!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

My Cardinals are playing very well so far. Signing Carlos Beltran is looking like a great move so far. David Freese picking up right where he left off. We have so many good hitters I knew losing Albert wouldn't be a HUGE deal. Long way to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    My Cardinals are playing very well so far. Signing Carlos Beltran is looking like a great move so far. David Freese picking up right where he left off. We have so many good hitters I knew losing Albert wouldn't be a HUGE deal. Long way to go though.
    I think you may be in denial of you don't think losing Pujols is huge...he's the best player I've ever seen play the game. I think you'll be ok as you said, you have a lot of offense on your team, but it always hurts to lose arguably the greatest player this generation has ever seen.