Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    Apparently he was permitted to carry the gun because he completed some community watch/ wannabee cop 4 month program and was hoping to be a cop.

I read on reuters today that Zimmerman is a white Hispanic man.

They just had to toss the white part in there....didn't they?
    I could maybe see a stun gun or taser. But really neighborhood watch groups should never ever be allowed to carry firearms.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I don't see why it matters. Hispanics are very racist. When I lived in Orlando, my employees were always going on about the different races. The Puerto Ricans hated the Cubans and vice versa, and they all hated the Mexicans and Haitians, and so on and so forth. Being black or Hispanic doesn't mean you can't be racist. In fact, I'd say in many cases it might make you MORE racist. The important thing again is this culture of fear that makes people do ridiculous things.
    Chris Rock says in his act that you wont find anyone more racist than older black men. And while I know he's saying that for laughs, if you hear the bit, you know he means it and it's true. And I can understand it. If you had to live through Jim Crow from that end of the spectrum it'd be hard not to be racist.

Anyway to your point. Everyone carries some natural prejudice to them. It might be fat people, or uneducated people, or people who own lavish possessions. Or quite often race, ethnicity, or religion will be the determining factor. But everyone has some predisposition as to who they immediately like or dislike, trust or distrust.

What separates us in the end is getting over those prejudices and taking the time to evaluate the individual or try to look at the equation through the other persons perspective and see what their rationale might be.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Chris Rock says in his act that you wont find anyone more racist than older black men. And while I know he's saying that for laughs, if you hear the bit, you know he means it and it's true. And I can understand it. If you had to live through Jim Crow from that end of the spectrum it'd be hard not to be racist.

Anyway to your point. Everyone carries some natural prejudice to them. It might be fat people, or uneducated people, or people who own lavish possessions. Or quite often race, ethnicity, or religion will be the determining factor. But everyone has some predisposition as to who they immediately like or dislike, trust or distrust.

What separates us in the end is getting over those prejudices and taking the time to evaluate the individual or try to look at the equation through the other persons perspective and see what their rationale might be.

I agree. We all pre-judge. It is in our nature. This gets back to my original point. From the Black Panthers, to the nicely dressed (but militarily disciplined) black Muslim's of Malcolm X, there has been a subtext of "equality and respect through fear" in the black community. It continues today with the black communities tacit approval of aggressive "gangsta rap" and the resulting look and dress. I'm not saying that the sole purpose of any of the above is JUST to make white people afraid, but it is, at the very least, a byproduct of those things, and not one that I ever hear much condemnation of from Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson (speaking of the last two, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that these two are NOT exploiting the Martin shooting to purposefully divide the Country. i think Obama is, to a lessor degree, as well).

Anyway, whether overtly intentional or not, these subtle behaviors and modes of dress DO create an environment of fear in white ( and not just white, but mostly so) society, and things like this Zimmerman shooting are the inevitable byproducts of that fear. My beef is how this is continually ignored.

There is also seemingly a lack of personal responsibility here, or at least a shifting of blame. When this mitigating information about Martin's less-than-saintly personal life came out, his mom said, and I quote: "They've killed my son. Now they're trying to kill his reputation". My question is who is "they"? As soon as I see something that is released about martin that is obviously a lie or fabrication, I'll begin to see her point, otherwise, this, too, looks like typical race baiting to me.
    Fire Goodell

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

This story has been so obviously slanted by the media it's crazy. I have no idea what happened that night and I feel terrible that a 17 year old is now dead. My stepson is 16 and dresses just like Martin, but is actually a good kid. That being said, more and more stories are surfacing that Martin wasn't quite the inoccent child the media is painting him to be. That in no way makes it ok for him to be shot, but it does raise the question as to why everyone is so quick to convict Zimmerman. Reports are now coming out that Martin actually approached Zimmerman, then punched him, breaking his nose, jumped on him, and started to slam his head against the ground. This is being corroborated by a witness and a good friend of Zimmermans (a black man). Who know if all of that is true, I'm sure more details will come out. I just dislike the media convicting a man without knowing any details whatsoever.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

A couple other details: Apparently, Martin was caught in school with a screwdriver (which is considered a weapon) and some stolen jewelry. I think this was said, but at least one witness has corroborated the story that Martin went for Zimmerman's gun.

Again, that in no way changes Zimmerman's level of culpability, but it does counter the image that the press is trying to paint.
    Fire Goodell

A couple other details: Apparently, Martin was caught in school with a screwdriver (which is considered a weapon) and some stolen jewelry. I think this was said, but at least one witness has corroborated the story that Martin went for Zimmerman's gun.

Again, that in no way changes Zimmerman's level of culpability, but it does counter the image that the press is trying to paint.
    Yeah it does counter the picture that's being painted by the press. But I still contend that a neighborhood watch group shouldn't be armed with lethal weapons.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Yeah it does counter the picture that's being painted by the press. But I still contend that a neighborhood watch group shouldn't be armed with lethal weapons.
    Isn't it our right to bare arms regardless of our chosen profession?

I see where Hindes is coming from, but there should probably be some kind of neighborhood watch guideline that you aren't to be armed, just observe and call the police. it's almost impossible as it is now for trained police to make these kinds of judgments, let alone concerned citizens. Here's another angle: How much you want to bet if Zimmerman was NOT armed, he'd have just stayed in his truck and not gotten out and pursued on foot? His gun gave him courage...a bad thing in this case.
    Fire Goodell

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I'm pretty much staying out of this one, because regardless of what the truth is, the fact of the matter is that this kid should not be dead. Gotten his ass kicked, yes...but not dead. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I'm pretty much staying out of this one, because regardless of what the truth is, the fact of the matter is that this kid should not be dead. Gotten his ass kicked, yes...but not dead. Two wrongs do not make a right.
    I 100% agree with you. It's a VERY complicated subject. Unfortunately, it's being dumbed down by the pop media, and tried in the court of popular opinion based on almost no evidence, and a lot of the evidence we DO have came late and was biased and tainted.

I would say this as to another root cause of this: If Zimmerman does not have a gun, he never gets out of his truck,and NONE of this ever happens.
    Fire Goodell

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I 100% agree with you. It's a VERY complicated subject. Unfortunately, it's being dumbed down by the pop media, and tried in the court of popular opinion based on almost no evidence, and a lot of the evidence we DO have came late and was biased and tainted.

I would say this as to another root cause of this: If Zimmerman does not have a gun, he never gets out of his truck,and NONE of this ever happens.
    Reminds me alittle like the Duke Lacrosse case like the team was guilty in the press but wasn't--Have to wait and see what happens next. Just read now that this Zimmerman guy is a registered Democrat -so what ?? MSNBC and CNN will now show pics of Zimmerman in 3 piece suits at all time ???? lol

http://freebeacon.com/registered-dem-killed-trayvon/

In fact, someone involved in that Duke case was quoted as saying somehting along the lines of "I guess we learned NOTHING" from that incident. sadly, there are still morons who think that the stripper who completely fabricated that story is innocent...
    Fire Goodell

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

In fact, someone involved in that Duke case was quoted as saying somehting along the lines of "I guess we learned NOTHING" from that incident. sadly, there are still morons who think that the stripper who completely fabricated that story is innocent...
    Hello AL Sharpton

P.S. On a lighter side , the New Black Panther Party member Hashim Nzinga was arrested Monday for possession of a gun. He's the one that made news for offering $10,000 to anyone who captured George Zimmerman

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/172...beating-nc-man

Seneca police arrest 6 accused of beating NC man

SENECA, SC (FOX Carolina) -
    Seneca police said they arrested six men Wednesday in connection with the beating of a North Carolina man at Applebee's earlier in March.

Police said their investigation determined that the victim was beat by the group of men and the incident may have been racially motivated. The department said they forwarded the case to the FBI to determine if it should be pursued further as a hate crime under federal law.

Officers said all six suspects were charged with assault and battery by a mob in connection with the March 17 beating.

The suspects are Teryn Robinson, 18, Tray Holland, 19, Justin Alexander, 20, Derick Williams, 22, Kino Jones, 25, and Montrez Jones, 22. Police said all of them are from the Seneca area and were taken into custody without incident.

I'm sorry, black people don't get charged with hate crimes.
    Fire Goodell

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm sorry, black people don't get charged with hate crimes.
    I'm sure the six of them felt threatened by the lone white dude.

There was truth there. "Black on white crime is politically incorrect to report on".

This is a problem for me.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

The screwdriver part is meaningless unless he stabbed someone with it. I took steak knives, baseball bats, and scissors to school growing up and it wasn't a problem...and if a kid got suspended for a screwdriver, we'd have a thread on here decrying it as what it is--political correctness run amok.

The stolen jewelry raises some questions, but Zimmerman still has a lot to answer for. If an armed stranger approached me I'd feel threatened...now, I would run like hell, especially since Zimmerman is apparently a lardass, but I can see a 17 year old kid wanting to stand his ground.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    The screwdriver part is meaningless unless he stabbed someone with it. I took steak knives, baseball bats, and scissors to school growing up and it wasn't a problem...and if a kid got suspended for a screwdriver, we'd have a thread on here decrying it as what it is--political correctness run amok.

The stolen jewelry raises some questions, but Zimmerman still has a lot to answer for. If an armed stranger approached me I'd feel threatened...now, I would run like hell, especially since Zimmerman is apparently a lardass, but I can see a 17 year old kid wanting to stand his ground.
    I've read that Zimmerman stopped chasing and returned to his vehicle then was approached and attacked by Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I've read that Zimmerman stopped chasing and returned to his vehicle then was approached and attacked by Martin.
    We've all read something or other. Unfortunately none of us were there. IMO Zimmerman doesn't strike me as a seething racist and Trayvon doesn't strike me as a violent thug. Whatever happened, it had a very unfortunate ending. I'm not about to get swept up in anybody's narrative. The police should investigate this case further, and that's what they're doing.

In the mean time, I wish people would hold off on the candlelight vigils and the viscous rumors, but that's not likely gonna happen.

Yesterday, I heard an account, based (suposedly) on the actual last phone call, that states there is a confrontation ON THE CALL where Martin is heard saying "Why are you following me?" followed by someone else saying "What are you doing here?". Based ONLY on the guy who I heard on the radio, the call was from 7:12-7:16...and the cops rolled up at 7:17 and found Matin already dead.

Now THAT, coupled with the police video an hour later showing a "clean" Zimmerman (no apparent blood or wounds) leads me back to the original conclusions people were drawing, that Zimmerman just up and shot the kid.

I fear we will never learn the truth, and it's quite possible that justice will never be truly served. Look at OJ....there were mounds of evidence, and he still got off, even though we know it was premeditated murder. This case isn't as clear...
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Yeah funny how this brutal double murder by a gang of thugs goes unnoticed? You can bet that if the races were reversed this would be the lead story of every newscast for months.

I looked up the above case. Apparently, the dudes penis was not cut-off. I guess that makes it okay.....oh, wait, HE was raped and with an object, then hogtied, dragged out to some railroad tracks, and shot repeatedly, including in the head, and then he was set on fire.

Her suffering WAS worse: (This is from wiki)Channon's death came after hours of sexual torture, medical examiner Mileusnic-Polchan testified. Channon suffered horrific injuries to her vagina, anus and mouth. She was not only raped but savaged with "an object," possibly a broken chair leg, the doctor testified. She was beaten in the head. Some type of chemical was poured down her throat, and her body, including her bleeding and battered genital area, likely scrubbed with the same solution - all while Channon was alive, the forensic expert said. She was then "hog-tied," with curtains and strips of bedding, her face covered tightly with a small trash bag and her body stashed inside five large trash bags before being placed inside a large trash can and covered with sheets. Channon died slowly, suffocating, the medical examiner said.

This all happened back in 2007, but I never heard a thing about it, and I read and listen to all kinds of news sources. The worst part of this deal is that the judge who convicted these animals (yes, I called then animals...and I mean it and won't apologize for it. I would call any "human" who treated another to this kind of abuse an animal regardless of race) have been granted a new trial because the judge was on drugs during their trial.
    Fire Goodell

I looked up the above case. Apparently, the dudes penis was not cut-off. I guess that makes it okay.....oh, wait, HE was raped and with an object, then hogtied, dragged out to some railroad tracks, and shot repeatedly, including in the head, and then he was set on fire.

Her suffering WAS worse: (This is from wiki)Channon's death came after hours of sexual torture, medical examiner Mileusnic-Polchan testified. Channon suffered horrific injuries to her vagina, anus and mouth. She was not only raped but savaged with "an object," possibly a broken chair leg, the doctor testified. She was beaten in the head. Some type of chemical was poured down her throat, and her body, including her bleeding and battered genital area, likely scrubbed with the same solution - all while Channon was alive, the forensic expert said. She was then "hog-tied," with curtains and strips of bedding, her face covered tightly with a small trash bag and her body stashed inside five large trash bags before being placed inside a large trash can and covered with sheets. Channon died slowly, suffocating, the medical examiner said.

This all happened back in 2007, but I never heard a thing about it, and I read and listen to all kinds of news sources. The worst part of this deal is that the judge who convicted these animals (yes, I called then animals...and I mean it and won't apologize for it. I would call any "human" who treated another to this kind of abuse an animal regardless of race) have been granted a new trial because the judge was on drugs during their trial.
    Instead of animals I would call them sub humans. Animals don't deserve to be linked with trash like that.

I hadn't heard of this case either until Mach1 brought it to our attention. Is there anyone out there who would dare suggest that if the race's were reversed in this case, (the victims a good looking black couple, the perps, 4 white men and one white woman), that there wouldn't be a person alive in this country, short of one who lived in a cave without television or radio, that wouldn't intimately know every single name attached to the case?

This is outrageous!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Yup, you never hear about when white people are killed by blacks in the media, but its a completely different story when blacks are murdered by another race and NO I'm not racist. Here's my views on this:
    1. The media (which scrutinizes everything and makes it ten times worse) is making out to be Trayvon innocent and Zimmerman guilty, just like what happened to Big Ben and others. However, more reports are coming out saying that Trayvon was the aggressor. Why isn't the media telling us that Trayvon did all sorts of things like bringing the screw driver to school and possessing the stolen jewelery?
    2. No offense to any members of the black community on this board or visitors who are reading this, but the black community is making nothing into something. I don't feel that it was racially motivated, but I don't know all of the facts of the case. I will study this case further to fully understand what happened. The black community is outraged because someone of another race murdered someone who was black. The black community is making it out that Trayvon did nothing wrong like the media, but once again, reports are coming out that Trayvon was the aggressor.
    3. People are going after the wrong person, i.e. the police chief. What did he do to force himself to step down? Reports are saying that the police did their job, but he has to step down? Alright.... He's nothing but a scape goat.

Once again, I want everyone know that I'm not racist nor do I apply stereotypes to people of different races, religions, etc. I hope my post didn't make you feel that way.

HOODIE-WEARING GUNMEN KILL 1, WOUND 5 IN BOBBY RUSH'S CHICAGO DISTRICT

Former Black Panther Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) made quite a fuss when he donned a "hoodie" during a speech in the U.S. House of Representatives until he was escorted out. At the time, former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) "applauded his courage" for doing so.
    Meanwhile, back home in Rush's district, two men wearing hooded sweatshirts, or "hoodies," were the shooters in an incident that left one dead and five injured.
    In fact, during a span of six-hours Thursday night, 13 people were shot, leaving two dead in Chicago. It would seem it takes more courage to simply walk down the street in Rush's district than it does to wear a hooded sweatshirt in the House of Representatives by way of a stunt in a bizarre tribute to a young man shot and killed in Florida during a shooting incident still under investigation.
    13 shot, 2 dead in Chicago in six hours Thursday night
    The worst shooting occurred around 6 p.m. Thursday when two men in hooded sweatshirts opened fire inside a convenience store in the 1400 block of West 79th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.
    One man was killed and five others were wounded. The victims ranged in age from 16 to 24. The gunmen fled in an SUV and police continued searching for them this morning.
    There's also another report on that particuar incident here.
    Perhaps if Bobby Rush and Nancy Pelosi ever got around to actually doing something to uplift the people in Rush's district, there would be fewer stories like the one above out of Chicago, and less need to don a piece of clothing in Congress in what amounts to an empty and silly gesture.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...icago-District

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

HOODIE-WEARING GUNMEN KILL 1, WOUND 5 IN BOBBY RUSH'S CHICAGO DISTRICT

Former Black Panther Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) made quite a fuss when he donned a "hoodie" during a speech in the U.S. House of Representatives until he was escorted out. At the time, former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) "applauded his courage" for doing so.
    Meanwhile, back home in Rush's district, two men wearing hooded sweatshirts, or "hoodies," were the shooters in an incident that left one dead and five injured.
    In fact, during a span of six-hours Thursday night, 13 people were shot, leaving two dead in Chicago. It would seem it takes more courage to simply walk down the street in Rush's district than it does to wear a hooded sweatshirt in the House of Representatives by way of a stunt in a bizarre tribute to a young man shot and killed in Florida during a shooting incident still under investigation.
    13 shot, 2 dead in Chicago in six hours Thursday night
    The worst shooting occurred around 6 p.m. Thursday when two men in hooded sweatshirts opened fire inside a convenience store in the 1400 block of West 79th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.
    One man was killed and five others were wounded. The victims ranged in age from 16 to 24. The gunmen fled in an SUV and police continued searching for them this morning.
    There's also another report on that particuar incident here.
    Perhaps if Bobby Rush and Nancy Pelosi ever got around to actually doing something to uplift the people in Rush's district, there would be fewer stories like the one above out of Chicago, and less need to don a piece of clothing in Congress in what amounts to an empty and silly gesture.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...icago-District
    This is already out of hand.