View Poll Results: Do we need an "Ice Crew"?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you say YES?

3 27.27%
  • Hell NO! We don't need cheerleaders on ice.

8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do we need an Ice Crew? I say NO..

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Do we need an Ice Crew? I say NO..

Penguins To Hold Auditions For Skating "Ice Crew"

Friday, 07.09.2010 / 11:33 AM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    The Pittsburgh Penguins will introduce a skating “Ice Crew” for the 2010-11 season – a team of energetic girls and guys who will help clean the ice, interact with fans and take part in other promotional activities.

Putting the crew on skates will add a new level of excitement to the Penguins’ game presentation as the team enters a new era at CONSOL Energy Center.

“We’ll be looking for energy, athleticism and passion for the Penguins,” said James Santilli, the team’s vice president of marketing. “We think it’s a great way for fans to get even more involved with Penguins hockey and help make games at CONSOL Energy Center an even greater entertainment experience.”

The first set of auditions for the Ice Crew will be for girls 18 and older who will skate and help clean the ice during TV timeouts. The auditions will be held at Iceoplex at Southpointe on the weekend of July 31-Aug. 1 and will include interviews and skating.

Preliminary auditions for girls will be held Saturday, July 31 from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and final auditions will be Sunday, Aug. 1. Applicants 18 and older with skating experience or the desire to learn are encouraged to complete an online application at www.pittsburghpenguins.com/icecrew.

Prep classes will be held Wednesday, July 28 from 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Friday, July 30 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Iceoplex at Southpointe. Prep classes will give participants an opportunity to meet with the Ice Crew coordinator and gain a better understanding of the audition process.

Auditions for guys will be held at a later date.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Re: Do we need an Ice Crew? I say NO..

I've got no problem with it. Sounds like a fun idea!

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

At the end of the day, this is a non-issue even if I voted.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They can skip the guys and just get extra girls. Chicks in bikinis on ice skates is hot.
    All Defense!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I could really care less. I'm there to watch a hockey game, not a bunch of girls in tight outfits cleaning off the ice. It's just a reincarnation and expansion of the "Penguins Patrol" anyway.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

One more rason why XT I say it's a non-issue. I go to Penguins games to watch the game. All of the side stuff is just to help fill in times during breaks in the action.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I could really care less. I'm there to watch a hockey game, not a bunch of girls in tight outfits cleaning off the ice. It's just a reincarnation and expansion of the "Penguins Patrol" anyway.
    Which failed. I think a lot of Pens fans who regularly attend the games feel as you and I do - we're there to watch a hockey game and for me - Iceburgh is more than enough entertainment.

Kind of like the idea of Steelers cheerleaders - we simply don't need 'em on the field or on the ice.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

they are a nice when the team is playing like crap

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

You saying that the Stanley Cup Champions have been playing crappy? Geeze dude, not in the middle of their summer reign.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post

they are a nice when the team is playing like crap
    In the eye of the beholder, I guess. I just feel the money they are going to be playing these bimbos on skates could be better utilized somewhere else. I'll bet if you asked one of them how to spell "puck", they'd spell it f-u-c-k.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

I don't care one way or the other on this - BUT it would be a great job if you think about it ...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    You saying that the Stanley Cup Champions have been playing crappy? Geeze dude, not in the middle of their summer reign.
    lol they had their um erm decades to play like crap! i have thrown many of empties at the TV the past few decades.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    I don't care one way or the other on this - BUT it would be a great job if you think about it ...
    The way I look at it is if I want to see tatas and ass, I'll strip down to the birthday suit and look at myself in the mirror.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    The way I look at it is if I want to see tatas and ass, I'll strip down to the birthday suit and look at myself in the mirror.
    But I'm looking at it as someone that has never seen the team play live, and you guys get to go to the arena all the time.

To me it would be the perfect job. I'd get to go out on the ice and get close to the action and players, and also get to be at every home game up close.

I'd be in heaven.

And I'd also probably be fired on the first day for tackling Sid on the ice and having my way with him.

But I'm looking at it as someone that has never seen the team play live, and you guys get to go to the arena all the time.

To me it would be the perfect job. I'd get to go out on the ice and get close to the action and players, and also get to be at every home game up close.

I'd be in heaven.

And I'd also probably be fired on the first day for tackling Sid on the ice and having my way with him.
    LMAO!!!! I'd have done the same with Serg (if he was still here), BJ and Godard.

For a couple of years prior to last season, the Pens had the "Pens Patrol". Early 20-something girls who wore spandex mid drifts and pants and the novelty wore off. No one really paid attention to them after the first season. I think the same thing will most likely happen with these chicks (and guys). Pittsburgh fans, in general, go to football and hockey games to watch the action on the field/ice - well - those who don't go to games to get hammered.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

I'd be in heaven.

Oh Shea... You always know how to ruin a thread... Im sick now...

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Why not? Hey it creates a few jobs for some lucky ladies and good to fill in the void of time in between periods, before the game, ect.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Oh Shea... You always know how to ruin a thread... Im sick now...

Funny how you men are always in sex mode and don't ever hide it in your postings, yet when one of us girls does the same it's seen as sick??

What the hell people??

Maybe it's an internet thing.

In "real life" the guys LOVE it when we get hormonal and horny, evidently that doesn't translate to forums. Go figure ....

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Non-factor... Unless they can distract the opposition. Then it's a definate yes.

They already have them here in ATL. I'm ok with it.

I think I've changed my mind after watching KDKA news last night. Anyone see the segment on the tryouts for the ice crew? There are some smoking hotties. Nice..