Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Combine Mock

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Post Combine Mock

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I think what it comes down to now is who (if anyone) we pick up in FA to plug holes.
    One interesting thought I had was that Aubrayo Franklin is a FA. Could maybe be a solution at NT that is cheaper than Hampton.

Talk of Jarod Gaither is that the Chargers are trying to do a long term deal with him. Not sure if we do anything but troll for cheap talent in free agency this year.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Franklin is interesting. I hadn't realized he was only on a one year deal with New Orleans. He's a player who would be a great fit. I love Casey, but if Franklin is cheaper than Hampton I might pursue him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    Franklin is interesting. I hadn't realized he was only on a one year deal with New Orleans. He's a player who would be a great fit. I love Casey, but if Franklin is cheaper than Hampton I might pursue him.
    Yeah, also some guys at LB that might not be too expensive like Curtis Lofton, Philip Wheeler, EJ Henderson and Steven Tulloch.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, also some guys at LB that might not be too expensive like Curtis Lofton, Philip Wheeler, EJ Henderson and Steven Tulloch.
    49ers reportedly placed an original, seventh-round tender on restricted free agent ILB Larry Grant.
    The original-round tender comes with a salary of approximately $1.26 million. The other option was a second-round tender at $1.92 million. In saving $700,000, the Niners stand a good chance to lose Grant for the price of just a seventh-round pick. He more than held his own as a fill-in for Patrick Willis in December

Originally drafted by SF. Cut, picked up by St Louis, Cut , signed by SF. Sounds a little like Harrsion
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I agree with Wheeler and Henderson, but you think Lofton and Tulloch will be affordable? I think I have to disagree there. Detroit wants Tulloch back badly and are working on freeing up money for a deal with him from my understanding. And Lofton is a stud young player. That said, I would love to see either of those guys on the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    I agree with Wheeler and Henderson, but you think Lofton and Tulloch will be affordable? I think I have to disagree there. Detroit wants Tulloch back badly and are working on freeing up money for a deal with him from my understanding. And Lofton is a stud young player. That said, I would love to see either of those guys on the Steelers.
    None of these guys are upper echelon LB's, but I agree that young guys like Lofton, Tulloch might draw a high price. I'd be OK if we got Henderson, then drafted James Michael Johnson(who I think is like a young Curtis Lofton type athlete) and then we are set at ILB for a few years.

None of these guys are upper echelon LB's, but I agree that young guys like Lofton, Tulloch might draw a high price. I'd be OK if we got Henderson, then drafted James Michael Johnson(who I think is like a young Curtis Lofton type athlete) and then we are set at ILB for a few years.
    That sounds like a good scenario to me if it makes sense financially. I actually wouldn't be opposed to just working James-Michael Johnson in with Larry Foote to begin the season and hoping he can transition into the full time starter by the latter half. But I've always been a fan of Henderson, too.