Thread: PIRATES SUCK

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

PIRATES SUCK

That is all.. I had to get that out of my system after watching this current game and the last 3 in Houston..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Re: PIRATES SUCK

BUMP

YES.. It worked.. Milledge and Cutch homer... lol

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

So that's what did it

I enjoyed watching that game even if we lost.

Wow.. Ryan needs to be gone.. He is 5 for 57 on getting runners out on stolen bases and of course that error cost us the game most likely. He hasnt been hitting again. Plus Church doesn't deserve any playing time and I have no clue why JR thinks he should. The Bullpen didn't do what they normally do. SAVE THE WIN

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

I'm surprised Doumit has thrown five out. There must be some one legged ball players out there.

I've seen quite a few games this year and I haven't seen him do it once.

I think Russell should do like in Little League and just make him hold the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
    I'm surprised Doumit has thrown five out. There must be some one legged ball players out there.

I've seen quite a few games this year and I haven't seen him do it once.

I think Russell should do like in Little League and just make him hold the ball.
    We have the most errors in the league and after last night it sure shows. Those 5 caught stealing throws were back in the beginning of the season. Know you know why Meek is not a closer.. lol

I did enjoy the homers from 85/22. Our hitting line up is just terrible..

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

The title of this thread says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    Then why can't the Phillies beat us? lol Only true Buc fans can bash..

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Then why can't the Phillies beat us? lol Only true Buc fans can bash..
    I figured that was a coming. I have to give that one to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    Hey Galax, here is a website that says it all: LINK

Hey Galax, here is a website that says it all: LINK
    lol... Good times...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I stopped watching the Pirates in 1981.

That 1979 team was a a group of characters anchored by "Pops" with "The Cobra" and "Mad Dog" providing hitting support. You also had "The Dutchman", "The Candyman" and "The Rake" throwing sublime, smoke, and sidearm pitches. That 1979 team that was down 3-1 against the O's and came back to win it in seven. They should have repeated they were so good. The rumor is that drugs were rampant and there was a scandal. I couldn't even read about the court case in the newspaper because it was just so bad.

Now you just have crap with the excuse of no talent or committment.
    All Defense!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Yes they suck...but I will continue to suffer year after year because I cannot give up hope. I went to my first pirate game when I was 4, and have been a huge fan ever since. I was lucky enough to be born and raised in Pittsburgh, and I could see three rivers from my neighborhood. On a clear calm night, I could even hear the cheers from the stadium. They will be good again someday, and I will be there when they are. And I will be able to truly say, that I wasn't a fair weather, or bandwagon fan, I've suffered through decades of misery, and will suffer through decades more watching every game I can, because I still have faith

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I stopped watching the Pirates in 1981.

That 1979 team was a a group of characters anchored by "Pops" with "The Cobra" and "Mad Dog" providing hitting support. You also had "The Dutchman", "The Candyman" and "The Rake" throwing sublime, smoke, and sidearm pitches. That 1979 team that was down 3-1 against the O's and came back to win it in seven. They should have repeated they were so good. The rumor is that drugs were rampant and there was a scandal. I couldn't even read about the court case in the newspaper because it was just so bad.

Now you just have crap with the excuse of no talent or committment.
    It was a great series. I just got that series on DVD for Christmas. Whenever I get down about my team I just pop in game seven and I somehow get my hope back... Man, if we had a Parker, Stargell... That WS win was the best birthday present I ever got.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Today's Pirate team cannot pitch or catch, but they make up for it by not being able to hit.

They remind me of John MacKay's Tampa Bay Bucs.
    All Defense!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Yes they do... That is all.

The name is different but they still suck tonight... Nice homer finally by Jones.. Ryan D needs to be gone like the White Sox's announcer says..

When ever I start feeling depressed about our baseball situation I realize it could always be worse.

Wow.. That's three games in a row we should of won. How do you lose the lead that many times? UGH..

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I just do my best and keep the faith and believe the grass is greener on the other side and winning will come sooner rather than later, on the other hand I have been saying that for 8 years now, but still hoping is all I can do.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Wow.. That's three games in a row we should of won. How do you lose the lead that many times? UGH..
    Watch the video my friend...watch the video.

Watch the video my friend...watch the video.
    I bitch and moan everyday but wake up the next day excited about the next win.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Ya... Since, like 1992. After Otis Nixon climed the wall to steal that Andy Van Slyke homer.

Even when they get talent, they trade it away, or they overpay for guys like Jason Kendall.

Makes no sense. If they would just put a decent product out there... they'd stay competitive and people would watch more.

You don't intentionally try to "make money" on a sports franchise.

I bitch and moan everyday but wake up the next day excited about the next win.
    I think you and I suffer from the same rare physiological disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Ya... Since, like 1992. After Otis Nixon climed the wall to steal that Andy Van Slyke homer.

Even when they get talent, they trade it away, or they overpay for guys like Jason Kendall.

Makes no sense. If they would just put a decent product out there... they'd stay competitive and people would watch more.

You don't intentionally try to "make money" on a sports franchise.
    I wouldn't get too upset at all the trades in the past years. Bay is the only super-star.. Nady and Sanchez are doing no better then most of our guys now.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I wouldn't get too upset at all the trades in the past years. Bay is the only super-star.. Nady and Sanchez are doing no better then most of our guys now.
    I appreciate your positive attitude, but at this point, watching them play after the 1st month of the season is almost pointless.

They may go .500 early, and get your hopes up, but then it's all downhill by All Star Week.

It's a crying shame... Literally.

People would support the team if ownership gave a shit about the product they put out there.

It's almost embarrassing to a point.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Sell the team Nutting, I'll buy the team and make it a winning team.... somehow.