Thread: "Birther" Thing Just Won't Die: Sheriff Arpaio Next

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

"Birther" Thing Just Won't Die: Sheriff Arpaio Next

This thing is going to be a freak-show for ALL people, no matter where they stand on the birther thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1312802.html
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Re: "Birther" Thing Just Won't Die: Sheriff Arpaio Next

I thought the whole thing was pretty simple. Even IF obama was born in the US, don't BOTH of his parents have to be born in the US as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    This thing is going to be a freak-show for ALL people, no matter where they stand on the birther thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1312802.html
    Oh geez, not this again.

Can't we just focus on Obaaaaaaaaaaaaaaama's awful record?

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I thought the whole thing was pretty simple. Even IF obama was born in the US, don't BOTH of his parents have to be born in the US as well?
    No, if you're born in the US, you're a naturally born US citizen. That gets complicated with illegal immigrants, but the law existed to protect freed slaves in the south. If you're born abroad, and you have one parent who is a US citizen, I think you get citizenship too, but you're not naturally born.

Personally, I don't like the "naturally born" requirement to the presidency. I think it should be something more like, you must have lived in the US for at least 35 years. It doesn't make sense that someone who came to the country as an infant can't run for President, but someone who was born here and has lived abroad their whole life can.

I'm pretty sure Obama was born in Hawaii, because a local newspaper reported it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Once again, for about the millionth time, if there was actually anything to this, he would've been chewed up and spit out during the '08 primaries by the Clinton Smear Machine...

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Supposedly, he's discovered that Obama has used multiple SSI numbers over the years.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    No, if you're born in the US, you're a naturally born US citizen. That gets complicated with illegal immigrants, but the law existed to protect freed slaves in the south. If you're born abroad, and you have one parent who is a US citizen, I think you get citizenship too, but you're not naturally born.

Personally, I don't like the "naturally born" requirement to the presidency. I think it should be something more like, you must have lived in the US for at least 35 years. It doesn't make sense that someone who came to the country as an infant can't run for President, but someone who was born here and has lived abroad their whole life can.

I'm pretty sure Obama was born in Hawaii, because a local newspaper reported it.
    I thought both parents have to be naturally born citizens as well but I could be totally wrong. FWIW either way it doesn't matter to me. The man was elected President, and no matter what happens it won't stop him from running again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

So much wasted energy on this issue. Their making "themselves" look koo koo...

I think there is some rule or something that says you cannot be President if you impersonate someone else or something. I honestly don't know...

I don't buy the birther argument anyway....but I AM curious to see what this guy unearths, or if he's just creating a diversion from his own myriad legal problems.

But, if he IS somehow right, and Barry cannot run, Hillary almost certainly would. That would certainly be the end of Romney. She's a better candidate now than anyone on either side of the aisle based on her foreign policy credentials...
    Fire Goodell

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The only possible Constitutional question that can be raised is about his dual citizenship, but nobody's gonna raise it 'cuz that would disqualify Romney as well. I don't think this is a wise course for Sheriff Joe, but I don't blame him for being mad at this administration with all their trumped-up "legal" charges.
    Like Suit, I've got my popcorn ready for the show.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I thought both parents have to be naturally born citizens as well but I could be totally wrong. FWIW either way it doesn't matter to me. The man was elected President, and no matter what happens it won't stop him from running again.
    That wouldn't work because an immigrant's children would then be native born but not natural born, which means their children wouldn't be natural born, which means their children wouldn't be natural born, etc....basically the only way to be eligible is if all your ancestors were already here in 1789.

The Constitution doesn't define the term natural born, so the only thing we can go by is the Fourteenth Amendment. That covers everyone born here except the children of foreign diplomats (because they're not 'subject to the jurisdiction thereof').

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

I heard Obama killed Andrew Breitbart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    I heard Obama killed Andrew Breitbart.
    Did he participate in another raid with the SEALS and deliver the kill shot himself, just like OBL?
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Did he participate in another raid with the SEALS and deliver the kill shot himself, just like OBL?
    No, this time I think he just parachuted in by himself. The SEALS would only slow him down.

Update (hardly a surprise):

At a news conference, Arpaio said the probe revealed that there was probable cause to believe Obama's long-form birth certificate released by the White House in April is a computer-generated forgery. He also said the selective service card completed by Obama in 1980 in Hawaii also was most likely a forgery.
    "We don't know who the perpetrators are of these documents," Arpaio said, although he said he doesn't think the president forged the documents.
    Fire Goodell