Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Combine

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Pretty sure Warren Sapp just called Michael Brockers a redshirt freshman and Jerel Worthy "James" Worthy. Please get him off the air NFLN and get Mayock back on.
    Where is Mayock? He would be the only reason for me to watch NFLN.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    Did Konz fall out of the 1st?
    Core strength is more important than bench press strength at the interior positions....and Konz's shorter arms are not as much of a concern for a center then at other line positions. Konz game tape should keep him in the first round or the top of the 2nd at the very least.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Just finished watching the DT workouts, and my two winners are, Dontari Poe, and Derek Wolfe. Why do I say that? Because they both may have become Steelers this week.

I did miss Wolfe run the 40. Does anyone know what his 10 yard split was?
    1.70. Just a hair off Jared Crick 1.69 and Vinny Curry 1.68.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Where is Mayock? He would be the only reason for me to watch NFLN.
    I enjoy the heII out of Santa Mooch, 21st and Prime, anything Rich Eisen and yes.......Sapp-isms.

Honestly, got to take Mayock with a grain of salt at times. I remember him having LSU guard Herman Johnson #3 on his list. He pimped Macho Harris big too. Also, he was all over how good AQ Shipley looked on tape. " Come on Man!!!"

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'd love to have Poe. Dude looks like a real stud.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'd love to have Poe. Dude looks like a real stud.
    My only concurn is if he has a great Pro day will he move up right past us, as we have seen happen time and time again.

Anyone that didn't see Wolfe, he ran the drills right behind a 2nd/3rd round DE Billy Winn, and I though looked much better.

AML

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

My only concurn is if he has a great Pro day will he move up right past us, as we have seen happen time and time again.

Anyone that didn't see Wolfe, he ran the drills right behind a 2nd/3rd round DE Billy Winn, and I though looked much better.
    I'm afraid that's what's going to happen. Poe is blowing up right now.

I can see Houston...Denver... or Kansas City taking a long look at Poe.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Poe will most likely be gone.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I can see Houston...Denver... or Kansas City taking a long look at Poe.
    Houston and Denver would and could move past us, I still think KC might go OL. I would be more worried about Tenn. and Cincy.

Will Poe be gone, will Glenn still be there, will Hightower be available, will Dorthy tell James that the baby is really his. I love this stuff.

AML

Houston and Denver would and could move past us, I still think KC might go OL. I would be more worried about Tenn. and Cincy.

Will Poe be gone, will Glenn still be there, will Hightower be available, will Dorthy tell James that the baby is really his. I love this stuff.
    KC has holes at OT and OG...so that is a possiblility.

-- Jack Lambert --

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Liked Casey Hayward out of Vandy. Looked really fluid and smooth in his drills.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Yeah, I kind of have been thinking that Poe was going to be out of our range for some time now. Seems like that isn't going to change.

Mike Martin has been performing fantastically in my eyes. I'm kind of having a rough time pinpointing his value right now though. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I'd be surprised if he wasn't rising but I don't feel like there is a lot of buzz there.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    Yeah, I kind of have been thinking that Poe was going to be out of our range for some time now. Seems like that isn't going to change.

Mike Martin has been performing fantastically in my eyes. I'm kind of having a rough time pinpointing his value right now though. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I'd be surprised if he wasn't rising but I don't feel like there is a lot of buzz there.
    I think Tex is a fan. I haven't taken a good hard look at him but based on what I've seen, he looks like an old school, throwback DT that might not have the weight but in this day and age, you don't have to be a 345 pound guy to play the zero technique. And he uses leverage and is nasty, exactly what you're looking for. I like him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, I like Martin, but he is a 3 technique. A one gap, upfield DT that is best penetrating into the backfield....not really a 2-gap lineman that is going to occupy a couple O linemen for his LB to make plays. Reminds me of Trevor Laws a bit.

Mel Kiper has him with a 2nd-3rd round grade.

I've watched Martin several times, and I like him very much, just not for us. He is stronger than he plays, and has a great deal of trouble with a double team. He needs to work on another move or two, the only one I've seen him use is the swim move. Maybe just needs to build his lower body strength and trust his power a little more. He is a good player, but I think he would do much better in a 4-3 defence.

AML

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I think I have to disagree that Martin couldn't play nose effectively. From what I've seen he can routinely halt a double team. He doesn't get the penetration worthy of a first round talent at the position, but I think he could handle it.

I think I have to disagree that Martin couldn't play nose effectively. From what I've seen he can routinely halt a double team. He doesn't get the penetration worthy of a first round talent at the position, but I think he could handle it.
    You very well could be right about that SD. Its not like he doesn't have the upper body strength. We is also good at keeping his body low at the line of scrimage, even though he is not as quick off the line as I would like. It looked to me that at times he didn't trust his power. I have seen him, at times, spin away from a double team instead of trying to split them. (That could cause big problems in the pros.) Maybe it is wrestling background, something he could be coached out of. Still, I think I would rather have a Ta'amu, or a Fangupo, or a Chapman, all of whom may end up rated lower than Martin after the combine.

AML