Thread: If Wallace leaves ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

If Wallace leaves ...

And that's with the choice of patriots or 49ers

What would be the two players you will take in first round if you are the steelers?

discuss

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: If Wallace leaves ...

If possible Poe and Hightower

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Do you think the steelers will drafted a WR in the first 3 round?

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

One of them HAS to be an OL. The other whoever is best available between NT/ILB/OL/DB. I could see OL/NT or OL/ILB being the most probable situation. I read somewhere that someone mentioned if we lost Wallace to package 1 of the 1st's and their 2nd (and maybe a late rounder) to move up and maybe get DeCastro. Which I could be open to. And maybe a WR in the mid to later rounds (4th and on would be ideal...but NO earlier than 3rd if a guy too good to be true is there)...as if they loose Wallace I see them re-doing Hines's deal and then getting Cotchery signed to a 2-3 year deal. So they could bring in another young guy to have in the mix.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    this

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Does anyone know where I can find Memphis tape?

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

4th round at best for another receiver

if Wallace leaves no way do they let Cotchery go too. That's still a pretty amazing WR trio. There are huge needs at Guard NT and ILB that should not be overshadowed by a receiver

EDIT: Then again, with the extra 1st Wallace would bring us we could fill two of those needs in day one, and possibly think about getting another receiver by the end of day 2. Man, now I want to research on all the middle round receivers, but still really doubt we lose Wallace
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Do you think if we put Wallace in a #14 jersey and traded somebody else in #17, they would notice?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I've said it in the GAZILLION other threads you like to start Polamalubeast that I think we could also package 2 first round picks and be in perfect position to move UP for someone like a DeCastro for the OL.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    I've said it in the GAZILLION other threads you like to start Polamalubeast that I think we could also package 2 first round picks and be in perfect position to move UP for someone like a DeCastro for the OL.
    Haha I'm with ya on the Gazillion other threads on this, haha. In reality you shouldnt have to package BOTH firsts to move up. I have a gut feeling the highest he'd go is to AZ...and it would only take a first/second and possibly late rounder to move up to their spot and STILL have that other 1st round pick. I like this much better than potentially using both firsts. As they could get DeCastro and say either Hightower or Poe and then in the 3rd get whatever position they dont get outta Hightower/Poe.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

If we lost Wallace then we could take Dont'a Hightower at #24 (he won't get past Baltimore) and then take Cordy Glenn with the pick we get for Wallace. If Baltimore were to trade in front of us to take Hightower, then we could still get Glenn and Poe. Either way, two weak spots would be fixed.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

If Wallace leaves, I would like to see the Steelers draft a tackle and guard, but that probably won't happen.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Pick two offensive line studs in the first and our passing game may be just as good and our running game better.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find Memphis tape?
    I wish.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Trading up from the 24 Slot to grab DeCastro would make sense. Cost is 2nd + 4th or 5th rounder.

The extra pick could range from #20-32 . Then grab Hightower or Burfict.

NT Chapman in the 3rd
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    I wish.
    Same here. It's non-existant.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Same here. It's non-existant.
    You bunch of pussies couldnt find a good time in a whorehouse.

74 blue on D

74 white on D

check out this guys channel. He has plenty of single plays from the UCF Memphis game

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rothmans...?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rothmans...?feature=watch

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Pick two offensive line studs in the first and our passing game may be just as good and our running game better.
    That is true. We need a guard who can pull better than Kemo, even though he's our best pulling guard at the moment.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

If the Steelers lose Wallace I hope they don't panic and draft a WR high in the draft.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And that's with the choice of patriots or 49ers

What would be the two players you will take in first round if you are the steelers?

discuss
    There is nothing to discuss..... I'll say it again....Wallace isn't going anywhere!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Thats what I'm talkin about.

Then get Osemele or Zeitler in the 2nd round and a WR in the 3rd. Release Ward and look at signing Early Doucet in free agency.

Alas, Wallace is staying.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If the Steelers get New England or San Fran's pick, they should trade that pick for a top 15 pick to land someone like David DeCastro or Luke Keuchley or trade down, get more picks and get in perfect range for someone like Alameda Ta'amu or Kevin Zietler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

We could always bring back Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
    All Defense!