Thread: Vikings won’t pass up Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Vikings won’t pass up Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III

Even though the Minnesota Vikings drafted Christian Ponder in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft, general manager Rick Spielman has said that they won’t pass up either Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III if either quarterback falls to them.

The Vikings hold the third overall pick and both quarterback’s likely won’t last past the second overall pick.....
    http://profootballzone.com/nfl/vikings-wont-pass-up-andrew-luck-or-robert-griffin-iii/
    Last edited by stillers4me; 02-18-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Vikings won’t pass up Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III

A team trading to no. 2 now seems certain. If the Vikings really wanted one of these two I am not sure this was wise. The team that benefits the most from this statement is the Rams who will now likely receive offers to move down and get more picks

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A team trading to no. 2 now seems certain. If the Vikings really wanted one of these two I am not sure this was wise. The team that benefits the most from this statement is the Rams who will now likely receive offers to move down and get more picks
    Bingo

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Smoke screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I don't buy this for a second. The Vikings love Ponder.

And, Spielman never says they "won't pass on Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin". He simply says they will examine all possibilities, which isn't newsworthy. It's to be expected.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I wouldn't pass up Luck, but Griffin would be a waste of a pick.
    Hater = Realist

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Rick Spielman has said that they won't pass up either Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III
    Where did he say this? The only quote I saw was this.

I know we’re very confident in Christian, but if one of those quarterbacks is too good to pass up, you also have to weight that in, too