Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to see how the Cleveland fans are taking it?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Want to see how the Cleveland fans are taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Ya know... I understand that a Steelers forum isn't going to have a lot of pitty for a rival city, but... don't you think that the way LeBron handled this was just the least bit shitty, after all the love NE Ohio has shown him over the last 7 years?
    You're right. It was handled badly by all parts. The problem is, Cleveland is the one with the red mark on the side of it's face. LeQuit will now have his rep questioned, but if he cared, he wouldn't have gone about it the way he did in the first place. EGO-maniac.

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Gilbert wasn't done today. He is the owner of the Fatheads company and he lowered the price of LeBron's Fathead from $100 to $17.41. The importance is 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born. I don't know but I think LeBenedict has a nice ring to it.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I don't think you could give those things away anymore... unless it had the new uni.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Gilbert is just as much to blame for this as LeBron. He can play the victim all he wants, but those of us who live in the area know better. There is enough blame to go around on both sides.

Gilbert is just as much to blame for this as LeBron. He can play the victim all he wants, but those of us who live in the area know better. There is enough blame to go around on both sides.
    Do you mean for LeBron's exit or for the outbursts that are taking place?

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post
    Gilbert wasn't done today. He is the owner of the Fatheads company and he lowered the price of LeBron's Fathead from $100 to $17.41. The importance is 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born. I don't know but I think LeBenedict has a nice ring to it.
    OK, that's actually pretty funny. I didn't know that Gilbert was the owner of Fatheads.
    Gilbert is as much to blame for what as Lebron? For Lebron leaving? That's pure speculation. Gilbert's reaction was definitely way over the top, but that's the aftermath. Lebron's leaving is Lebron trying to win a ring...and not believing Cleveland has done enough (or will do enough) to get him there during the next 5 years.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

I'm just saying "cleveland" fans wouldn't buy it at any price now.... That's if your even talking to me.

Heres a nice little Lebron quote I dug up:

"It’s all about competing, about trying to be the best. It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."
    — Lebron in 2006

Some funny photos comming out of Cleveland.

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    nope. its taken from their main fishwrap, and pretty obvious it wasnt written in 5 minutes of haste. i guess the OWNER was telling the truth when he said legone had absolutely no input in the hiring of their new head coach.

which begs the question....

is everybody in cleveland this retarded?

"Chuck Noll is building one hell of a football team up in Pittsburgh. I look for the Steelers to be the team of the future. Just remember I said that."
    - - - Immortal Packers coach Vince Lombardi in 1970, two years before the Steelers even made the playoffs under Noll

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GitNoLuv View Post
    OK, that's actually pretty funny. I didn't know that Gilbert was the owner of Fatheads.

Gilbert is as much to blame for what as Lebron? For Lebron leaving? That's pure speculation. Gilbert's reaction was definitely way over the top, but that's the aftermath. Lebron's leaving is Lebron trying to win a ring...and not believing Cleveland has done enough (or will do enough) to get him there during the next 5 years.
    Gilbert failed to put a team around LeBron. He ran Ferry out of town. Basically, I'm not a fan of Gilbert... for more reasons than just his handling of the Cavs, so, I guess my statement is somewhat biased.

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Gilbert failed to put a team around LeBron. He ran Ferry out of town. Basically, I'm not a fan of Gilbert... for more reasons than just his handling of the Cavs, so, I guess my statement is somewhat biased.
    Yeah, I didn't like running Ferry out of town...but the team that Gilbert inherited was absolutely atrocious. Danny Ferry's first year (Larry Hughes) was a rough one, but he managed to build a better team around him via trades and draft picks. I think that if Ferry was still in town (and Byron Scott was coach), Lebron might have actually resigned...and Ferry would have aggressively pursued another trade.

Losing Coach Brown wasn't a terrible thing. He was a great defensive coach, but a terrible mind for offense. Losing Ferry on top of it does hurt us some. But there were some questionable decisions made. I think Gilbert was looking to change the atmosphere (under the assumption that Lebron would re-sign) and bring in a fresh staff who could build upon what was already a pretty decent team.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Okay this shirt is great.

More at this site.

http://kissmyasslebron.bigcartel.com/

Senior Member Array title="memphissteelergirl is on a distinguished road"> memphissteelergirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    ...there is an element of classlessness all around, from Lbj to Gilbert to the fans. LBJ showed his true colors, unfortunately for him the ploy to enhance his brand backfired.
    Agreed. LaBron's image outside of Miami ain't going to be sterling for a VERY long time. And Gilbert just sounds like some bitter high school chick that just got dumped. Cleveland fans? Well, they are what they are.
    I wish to report a crime....Roger Goodell is killing the game of football!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

IDK, they put enough decent talent around him like Shaq, Jamison, Verajao, Ilguskas, Mo Williams and other depth guys like West and Powe......but when it got to crunch time those guys looked to the MVP to step up and take control of games in the playoffs. Against the Celtics he looked like he wanted one of them to take over.

I think that history will end up showing that Lequit is gonna be the wingman to Wade and whoever else he has success with. He's not willing to be the main man. I thought he said the Cavs had the edge in offseason though?? But rever returned Gilberts calls???

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    IDK, they put enough decent talent around him like Shaq, Jamison, Verajao, Ilguskas, Mo Williams and other depth guys like West and Powe......but when it got to crunch time those guys looked to the MVP to step up and take control of games in the playoffs. Against the Celtics he looked like he wanted one of them to take over.

I think that history will end up showing that Lequit is gonna be the wingman to Wade and whoever else he has success with. He's not willing to be the main man. I thought he said the Cavs had the edge in offseason though?? But rever returned Gilberts calls???
    All those guys you named are nothing more than decent NBA players. There isn't anything particularly special about any of them... Shaq is at the end of his career and doesn't really do much of anything.

I agree that Bron quit in the playoffs. My own personal conspiracy theory is that this was planned after the Olympics. Bron didn't even bat an eye at the loss to the Celtics in the final game... like he had already moved on. I wouldn't doubt his performance was deliberate; how can you leave after just winning a championship?

I'm just not a fan of Gilbert, but I don't cut Bron any slack in all of this either. He handled the whole thing poorly. He should have just been up front with his intentions and personally called Gilbert and told him before he went on national TV and thoroughly shit all over the fan base that loved him like no other athlete in recent history. I'm not a huge basketball fan, so this doesn't bother me that much. I just thought Bron was a bigger man than what he showed. I will never look at him the same way again. I hope MeBron gets what he wants... and that in later years, he thinks it was worth what he did to a fan base that truly loved him.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Isn't there a rumor they all made a pact to play together? The only one left out is Melo. When they don;t win this year because they have 4 mil to sign 6 other people, I wonder what will happen with Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    Isn't there a rumor they all made a pact to play together? The only one left out is Melo. When they don;t win this year because they have 4 mil to sign 6 other people, I wonder what will happen with Melo.
    Yeah, that's the rumor. I thought Melo signed an extention with Denver?

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

I don't know if he did or didn't.

I agree that Bron quit in the playoffs. My own personal conspiracy theory is that this was planned after the Olympics.
    Mark Cuban may agree with you in some respect.

Mark Cuban talks about LeBron "tampering"

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wants the NBA to investigate the circumstances that led to LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to all sign with the Miami Heat.

The thing that makes Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavericks one of the most entertaining owners in sports is that he has no unspoken thoughts. In the past few days he's sounded off in support of Cavs owner Dan Gilbert blasting LeBron James, talked about tampering by the Miami Heat and perhaps becoming the new owner of the Texas Rangers.

The one subject sure to get commissioner David Stern's attention is the "tampering" word.

"I'm going to bring it up to the league that we really do have to re-evaluate the issue of player tampering," Cuban said. "Who knows what will happen? But I have to suggest it to them because there has to be more definitive rules."

Many are speculating that James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh had been planning to join forces as long as two years ago.

It is unclear whether Cuban plans to file a charge but says "there has to be a way to keep these guys away from each other for the last week anyway."