Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LeBron James Picks the Miami Heat !

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Re: LeBron James Picks the Miami Heat !

Coping After LeBron: Cleveland Sending Old Jerseys to Miami's Homeless

For the past week, LeBron James jerseys have been the preferred fire wood for people in Cleveland despite no reports of a cold front.

But even a jilted lover apparently has a heart.

Instead of barbecuing James' paraphernalia, Cleveland Cavalier fans are being encouraged to donate their mementos of the former king to the homeless - in Miami.

BreakingupwithLeBron.com is offering fans a chance to be giving with their hatred by collecting all things LBJ and giving them to the less fortunate in his new place of residence. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert might have a semi-truck load headed to the bottom.
    We wouldn't call this an olive branch, but it at least benefits a segment of Miami.

Hundreds of homeless people congregate around the AmericaAirlines Arena on game days, and if they are wearing the No. 23 jersey, it might encourage the King's new followers to give a little more.

"It's time to get over this. Let’s stand proud and give back," the website reads.

For Cleveland fans, it gives them a chance to get rid of that T-shirt, hat, headband or jersey that has been the source of tears without creating a fire hazard.

In return, Cleveland fans also get a new T-shirt with the classic break-up slogan, "It's not me, it's you," printed on the front.

Ah, hatred and jealousy, the gifts that keep on giving.
    http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/...-98436329.html

Member Array title="Rodwoodsonwasprettycool is an unknown quantity at this point">

Really, he's an ass for doing this. To go on national television to pretty much all but embarrass the city and hometown area that catered to his every whim and need, is just flat out disgraceful.

I'm a Cavs fan first, always have been, always will be, just really disapointed he did this to go down to Miami where the fan base is not nearly as good as ours or say a city like Pittsburgh, or hell, even NYC.

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Rodwoodsonwasprettycool View Post
    Really, he's an ass for doing this. To go on national television to pretty much all but embarrass the city and hometown area that catered to his every whim and need, is just flat out disgraceful.

I'm a Cavs fan first, always have been, always will be, just really disapointed he did this to go down to Miami where the fan base is not nearly as good as ours or say a city like Pittsburgh, or hell, even NYC.
    are you going to donate your jersey to a miami bum ?

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Living in NYC I would have loved for him to come here , but he didnt . Im not upset , its all good . Maybe people didn't like the way he did it but he had every right to go to Miami after 7 years in Cleveland.

Member Array title="Rodwoodsonwasprettycool is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Living in NYC I would have loved for him to come here , but he didnt . Im not upset , its all good . Maybe people didn't like the way he did it but he had every right to go to Miami after 7 years in Cleveland.
    It's different for you, I mean, he didn't grow up in your neck of the woods, and appear to be the guy who was going to lead your town back to championship glory.

Would I have been upset, had he left to go to say the nets and not had a television special to embarrass the whole area? Hell yes, but I don't believe that me or a good portion of cleveland fans would have acted the way they did.

Laughing at gilbert for what he did was a bit of a rolleyes sort of deal, fact is, your teams fans just got suckerpunched on national television, and the way he acted via the letter really made helped make a lot of fans feel better. I'm very glad Gilbert truly cares about this city, and hope he is good on this word to make the Cavs into a winner.

Really, we got a black eye, but we got up and dusted ourselves off again, we may hold grudges, but it's how things have always been here. That's just how it is as a Cleveland fan, You gotta be tough.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">