Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LeBron James Picks the Miami Heat !

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Re: LeBron James Picks the Miami Heat !

its time to talk about shaq.

shaq wants to play with the spurs.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yet another punch to the gut for Cleveland Sports fans. They should be used to it by now. The evolution of Lebron from Favorite Son to Pariah.

The Drive. The Fumble. Red Right 88. The Move. Jose Mesa. And now The Defection.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Somewhere Art Modell is laughing

I think what Artie-farty did was alot worse than LeBron's decision tonight - the two aren't really comparable.

But I feel for the Cavs fans tonight.
    Last edited by Shea; 07-08-2010 at 11:25 PM.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

i think CA said it first (less than 12 hrs after lebron initially quit on the cavs in game 6 and the writing was on the wall for the whole world to see)-

They don't have the cap room to bring in another big name and keep the guys they have. Even though I think the guys they have are garbage. The Bulls would be a better option if he's looking to have a team around him, but I honestly don't think he wants to rebuild, which would take the knicks out of it. I think it's going to be a huge surprise where he ends up. Him, Bosh and Wade are going to get together and figure out where they are going. Maybe Stoudamire will be in that roundtable.
    good call!

lebron made the right move and the smart decision. im not buying the ego factor, or not enough balls to go around. to me, these 3 are bringing back the essence of what basketball is all about. hooking up with 4 of your buddies, going out to the playground, and straight up ballin. and if 3 of the buddies are the baddest on the block, it makes destroying the opposition even more better. basketball isnt like football, baseball, or hockey, where every player knows or is keeping track of how many individual points are scored during the game. its about getting in that grove and winning.

i also cant wrap my head around the belief that lebron will suddenly be good enough to win 5-6 rings, yet they will be somehow diminished. i guess some people hold it against kobe that he won 3 with shaq, but he doesnt seem too ashamed. magic, doesnt seem to worried about all the points kareem scored. hell even jordan had pippen. while pippen is considered "robin" he still was voted as one of the best 50 players of all time, and damn near went to the finals w/o mike.

im sure d. robinson cherishes the time he spent with duncan, and drexler with olajuwan.

if james is more concerned whether he will be regarded as magic or jordan or fixated on matching kobe before he wins a single ring, his head isnt on right in the first place.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    i think CA said it first (less than 12 hrs after lebron initially quit on the cavs in game 6 and the writing was on the wall for the whole world to see)-

good call!

lebron made the right move and the smart decision. im not buying the ego factor, or not enough balls to go around. to me, these 3 are bringing back the essence of what basketball is all about. hooking up with 4 of your buddies, going out to the playground, and straight up ballin. and if 3 of the buddies are the baddest on the block, it makes destroying the opposition even more better. basketball isnt like football, baseball, or hockey, where every player knows or is keeping track of how many individual points are scored during the game. its about getting in that grove and winning.

i also cant wrap my head around the belief that lebron will suddenly be good enough to win 5-6 rings, yet they will be somehow diminished. i guess some people hold it against kobe that he won 3 with shaq, but he doesnt seem too ashamed. magic, doesnt seem to worried about all the points kareem scored. hell even jordan had pippen. while pippen is considered "robin" he still was voted as one of the best 50 players of all time, and damn near went to the finals w/o mike.

im sure d. robinson cherishes the time he spent with duncan, and drexler with olajuwan.

if james is more concerned whether he will be regarded as magic or jordan or fixated on matching kobe before he wins a single ring, his head isnt on right in the first place.
    I forgot I said that, go me!!!

one of my major flaws is the memory of an elephant.

Quick, tell me what was the first response to my post about that?

something contrary.

I think it was something like no team will ever land all 3.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Screw Cleveland....Say Hey's Catch,The Drive, The Fumble, The Single, The Decision. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Cleveland Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    so who gots dibs on lebrons mom?

bosh or wade?

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Can anyone see Shaq going back to the Heat to play center ? If he does , he has to know he will be making the minimum for the year .

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

While Shaq probably wouldnt' have a problem doing that, I think he'll go somewhere like Dallas (where they play a slower game) to team up with Kidd, Dirk and company. *Yes, I know Dallas just resigned B. Heywood.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Yeah Shaq is too old to play with any pace. Why would the Heat want Shaq?

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    Yeah Shaq is too old to play with any pace. Why would the Heat want Shaq?
    Because he is a big body that Bosh needs down low. The only problem would be Shaq's Ego. While he didn't cause much of a ruckus playing 2nd Fiddle to Lebron...what are the odds of him being OK being 4th or 5th fiddle on the Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by GitNoLuv View Post
    Because he is a big body that Bosh needs down low. The only problem would be Shaq's Ego. While he didn't cause much of a ruckus playing 2nd Fiddle to Lebron...what are the odds of him being OK being 4th or 5th fiddle on the Heat?
    Shaq is broke down. How many games did he play for the Cavs last season? And the season before that for the Suns? The Cavs were two different teams with Shaq, on with him on the floor and another with him on the pine. I think Shaq is a hindrance to any team especially one with championship aspirations.

Shaq is broke down. How many games did he play for the Cavs last season? And the season before that for the Suns? The Cavs were two different teams with Shaq, on with him on the floor and another with him on the pine. I think Shaq is a hindrance to any team especially one with championship aspirations.
    Shaq didn't miss a lot of games for Phoenix due to injury, he was held out of back to back games (I think he played in like 72). He did miss some time last season though. He is old...but I think he's still inspired to top Kobe for rings. I don't know that Riley would be dumb enough to take him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Exactly. At this point in his career, he plugs up the lane offensively and no longer moves as well defensively. Still a serviceable player, but I dont think he helped LeQuit as much as he hurt his game.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Exactly. At this point in his career, he plugs up the lane offensively and no longer moves as well defensively. Still a serviceable player, but I dont think he helped LeQuit as much as he hurt his game.
    The problem with the Cavs is they forced a lot of action through Shaq to try and make him the #2. There was no offensive creativity most of the time. Shaq needs to be a part of a slow half court offense. The Cavs (without Shaq) had the players to run an uptempo offense...they just didn't.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

I wouldn't bring back Shaq if I were the Heat either. That team is more speedy then ever.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Magic GM critical of LeBron's move

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A few welcoming shots at LeBron James is heating up the usually tame Sunshine State rivalry.

Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith said Friday he was surprised James went to Miami because he thought the two-time MVP was "more of a competitor."

He said the "great ones" do it on their own and "usually stay in one location."

It was rare public criticism from the usually coy Smith and perhaps a move to motivate his Magic. James had announced a day earlier that he was joining Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami to form an All-Star trio.

Asked if James' move to Miami will cause a power shift in the NBA, Smith responded, "Is Kobe retiring?"

"He's proven he can do it on his own," Smith said of Lakers star Kobe Bryant, smiling over the comments. "Oops. My bad."

Smith also said the Magic "still hold the crown" as the best in the Southeast Division, having won three straight titles. He added the Heat will be tough to beat, but are not unguardable.

"Unless they got three balls, you still guard them the same," Smith said. "They'll figure it out I'm sure. Somebody's going to end up with seven shots. Are they going to be OK with that? Somebody's got to be Robin. Are they OK with that? Those are the things they have to work out."

James' decision abruptly ended Orlando's growing rivalry with Cleveland.

The Magic eliminated the Cavaliers two years ago in the Eastern Conference finals, derailing the Kobe-LeBron dream Finals. James didn't shake hands with Orlando players afterward and skipped his postgame news conference.

Orlando and Cleveland had the NBA's best records last season. Cleveland eventually lost in the second round to Boston, which had eliminated the Magic in the conference finals.

Smith thought LeBron would want to win a title in Cleveland by beating stars such as Wade, Bryant and Orlando's Dwight Howard on a team where he was the sole leader.

"I was surprised that he went" to Miami, Smith said. "I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor."

"The great ones do and usually stay in one location," he added. "This is a new era. It's a little different than my time."

The Magic, who went to the NBA Finals in 2009 and the Eastern Conference finals last season, have reigned supreme in the Sunshine State the past few seasons. The Miami Dream Machine clearly has Orlando's attention now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5367298

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Today I heard that Derrick Fisher of the Lakers will be visiting Pat Riley for a possible spot on their team .

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I cant believe lebron james is taking so much heat for going to a good team. So he should of signed with a less talented team ? People are mad because if he wins a title it wont be hard enough for him? I dont understand the hatred he is getting.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Uh, Mr. Wilbon, Disney Channel II stopped being about sports and sports news and all about bullshit hype YEARS ago. If you were truly a self-respecting sports journalist you'd put your money where your mouth is and completely disassociate yourself with that joke of a network.

ESPN host criticizes LeBron-a-thon

ESPN’s Thursday-night LeBron-a-thon — aka “The Decision”— scored big ratings and sparked plenty of criticism of the cable network for blurring the line between news and advertising.
    Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...-lebron-a-thon

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Plus the entire city and the team owner is bad mouthing James after he left. The guy gave it a shot in Cleveland and it didn't work, but nobody in their right mind would turn down this opportunity in Miami. They could be contenders for the next five years if they stay healthy. I can also vouch that living in Miami is way better than anything Cleveland has to offer.
    All Defense!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Today I heard that Derrick Fisher of the Lakers will be visiting Pat Riley for a possible spot on their team .
    Miami could be a situation where their franchaise will get the best talent available to keep building because it is the most competitive in the sport with this move to get James and solidify the foundation much like the Steelers and Yankees.
    All Defense!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD;23667[B
    ]Plus the entire city and the team owner is bad mouthing James after he left. [/B]The guy gave it a shot in Cleveland and it didn't work, but nobody in their right mind would turn down this opportunity in Miami. They could be contenders for the next five years if they stay healthy. I can also vouch that living in Miami is way better than anything Cleveland has to offer.
    While I don't condone the owner's little diatribe, how can you fault the city full of fans for bad mouthing him? All he had to do was be a man about it; instead, he shit all over the very fans that loved and supported him for 7 years.... leading them on since the season ended. I'm sorry, the fans can say whatever they want, and MeBron can at least take it like a man... if he knows how.

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    While I don't condone the owner's little diatribe, how can you fault the city full of fans for bad mouthing him? All he had to do was be a man about it; instead, he shit all over the very fans that loved and supported him for 7 years.... leading them on since the season ended. I'm sorry, the fans can say whatever they want, and MeBron can at least take it like a man... if he knows how.
    I second that. If LeBron has the right to make his own decisions, then the fans have the right to be critical of them.

Stop bashing Lebron, hes a huge Steeler fan , lol

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    and the rest of us have a right to laugh our asses off while watching yet another cleveland meltdown ...