Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Reportedly Won’t Bring Back WR Hines Ward

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Reportedly Won’t Bring Back WR Hines Ward

He has very good chance that this rumor is true

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

at the dog stories.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

If this is true, I have to get a new jersey.. Any suggestions?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O'Malley View Post

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I hope that if the Steelers choose to go that route, that they give him the opportunity to retire instead of just uncerimoniously cutting one of the greatest player in Pittsburgh Steelers history.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Polamalu,woodley...

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

a friend of mine told me never by a jersey with a name other than yours...get your favorite number on it and your name on it because with this day of free agency and lack of team loyalty...they are gone before you know it...makes sense

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Scott Brown@ScottBrown_TribHines Ward's representatives have yet to hear from Steelers.

[QUOTE=polamalubeast;263810]Polamalu,woodley...[/QUOTE

Want to have for a while...

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Scott Brown@ScottBrown_TribHines Ward's representatives have yet to hear from Steelers.
    Yeah...Won't be buying into it until it comes from the Steelers.

Rock Groupie Array title="GutterflowerSteel is a glorious beacon of light"> GutterflowerSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    a friend of mine told me never by a jersey with a name other than yours...get your favorite number on it and your name on it because with this day of free agency and lack of team loyalty...they are gone before you know it...makes sense
    I proudly wear my #86 Hines jersey on game days

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

From Hines facebook:

I don't normally like to respond to rumors, but as I've said all along, I want to finish my career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. And as I've already told the organization, I am willing to work with them to restructure my contract to make sure this happens. - HINES

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    From Hines facebook:

I don't normally like to respond to rumors, but as I've said all along, I want to finish my career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. And as I've already told the organization, I am willing to work with them to restructure my contract to make sure this happens. - HINES
    Therein lies the problem ..... restructure does not necessarily mean playing for less.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Therein lies the problem ..... restructure does not necessarily mean playing for less.
    I remember when Hines held out and Cower got him back to practice before the Rooney's would negotiate. Good move since we went on to win the SB that year with Hines being SB MVP. Hines might figure he is owed the money already negotiated. Hope he is flexible.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I had a favorite dog one time, but then it got old and just started blowing diarrhea out of its butt everywhere.
    One time we were sitting down to eat dinner, and all of a sudden - BWWWUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT all up and down the wall, its hips bucking up and down, for 12 full seconds.
    I timed it with a stopwatch I kept at the table for the purpose.
    The whole family used to gather around and laugh every time it happened, because we were insensitive motherfuckers.
    My 6-year-old brother Jake would even point.
    We laughed some more and high-fived him for that.

EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    not a bad idea either

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

I have 2 Hines Ward Jersey's but I am not bothered by this situation at all. Hines, there is no restructuring needed here, either you retire..or you're gone. The writing was on the wall midway through last season. there isn't a player in this league that is worth paying 4 million just to have sitting on the bench.

Don't be Wines Hard if the Steelers don't keep you. You can either retire a Steeler, a legend, a one of a kind true life one-teamer. Or you can go to another team and be like every other vet in this league that wanted just one more payday.

Besides, Hines, if you retire (which you should) and don't leave a sour taste in this fickle crowds mouths....you can most likely make more than 4 million next year doing something a hell of a lot easier.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

I had a favorite dog one time, but then it got old and just started blowing diarrhea out of its butt everywhere.
    One time we were sitting down to eat dinner, and all of a sudden - BWWWUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT all up and down the wall, its hips bucking up and down, for 12 full seconds.
    The whole family used to gather around and laugh every time it happened, because we were insensitive motherfuckers.

Anyway, one day we knew it was time.
    We went with the family up to our favorite spot by the sea, and up on top of a big cliff overlooking the waves.
    It was so serene.
    I found a big stick, and ran up to the edge of the cliff egging our dog on, then right at the end, I wound up and threw it as far as I could in a beautiful arc through the sky.
    The dog didn't buy it, and stopped short of the edge, watching the stick fall down into the waves and wagging his tail.
    None of us knew what to do.
    We all thought he was dumb enough to run right over the cliff, but there he was, wagging his tail and smiling.
    So I ran up behind him and delivered a big roundhouse kick, as hard as I could.
    It was the most perfect kick of my life.
    I was only 10 years old, but it hit him right in the asshole and lifted him a good three feet into the air.

As he was flying over the edge, he looked back at me.
    On his face was an expression speaking of incredible betrayal.
    How could you do this to me?
    Then it wore off and he was just excited to be falling, and I was excited for him too.
    We watched him fall down 100 feet, 200 feet, more, wondering if he'd clear the rocks.

He didn't, by the slimmest of margins.
    Tumbling end over end, just his head clipped a rock by the waterline, and a faint red mist spattered into the surrounding tidepools.
    It didn't take long before the birds closed in and started eating little bits of brain off the rocks.
    I felt horrified - what have I done?
    But then there was Jake, running up with a big grin on his face
    And Dad, giving me a big hug and a power handshake
    "Good job son, way to be a man. I'm proud of you."

Then we all hugged, and a tear came into my eye
    and Dad grabbed me by the throat and snapped at me,
    "Don't be such a pussy. I did not raise a son who's going to play for the Patriots."

Then we all laughed and went out for pizza,
    and when we were done and piling into the car, I found our dog's old leash
    and I felt sad, so I laid it on the ground
    and then I pissed all over it and set it on fire
    and then we drove off like assholes, yelling and kicking up tons of gravel into the air with our tires.

That was my favorite dog ever, and I'll always miss him.
    Later, we all went to jail for armed robbery.

If you couldn't tell, that story was about Hines Ward. I'm not sure how, or what the point was, but think about it and you'll understand how significant he was to this football team.
    I can honestly say I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did after reading this.

WOW!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Ward took to FaceBook to speak his mind:

https://www.facebook.com/officialhin...50564451675945

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Anyway, one day we knew it was time.
    We went with the family up to our favorite spot by the sea, and up on top of a big cliff overlooking the waves.
    It was so serene.
    I found a big stick, and ran up to the edge of the cliff egging our dog on, then right at the end, I wound up and threw it as far as I could in a beautiful arc through the sky.
    The dog didn't buy it, and stopped short of the edge, watching the stick fall down into the waves and wagging his tail.
    None of us knew what to do.
    We all thought he was dumb enough to run right over the cliff, but there he was, wagging his tail and smiling.
    So I ran up behind him and delivered a big roundhouse kick, as hard as I could.
    It was the most perfect kick of my life.
    I was only 10 years old, but it hit him right in the asshole and lifted him a good three feet into the air.

As he was flying over the edge, he looked back at me.
    On his face was an expression speaking of incredible betrayal.
    How could you do this to me?
    Then it wore off and he was just excited to be falling, and I was excited for him too.
    We watched him fall down 100 feet, 200 feet, more, wondering if he'd clear the rocks.

He didn't, by the slimmest of margins.
    Tumbling end over end, just his head clipped a rock by the waterline, and a faint red mist spattered into the surrounding tidepools.
    It didn't take long before the birds closed in and started eating little bits of brain off the rocks.
    I felt horrified - what have I done?
    But then there was Jake, running up with a big grin on his face
    And Dad, giving me a big hug and a power handshake
    "Good job son, way to be a man. I'm proud of you."

Then we all hugged, and a tear came into my eye
    and Dad grabbed me by the throat and snapped at me,
    "Don't be such a pussy. I did not raise a son who's going to play for the Patriots."

Then we all laughed and went out for pizza,
    and when we were done and piling into the car, I found our dog's old leash
    and I felt sad, so I laid it on the ground
    and then I pissed all over it and set it on fire
    and then we drove off like assholes, yelling and kicking up tons of gravel into the air with our tires.

That was my favorite dog ever, and I'll always miss him.
    Later, we all went to jail for armed robbery.

If you couldn't tell, that story was about Hines Ward. I'm not sure how, or what the point was, but think about it and you'll understand how significant he was to this football team.
    I'll pay that one you funny prick

You definitely have a way with words.

PS: every time your got buttF8cked in prison did you thank Hines for the new memories or did you just remember the old ones.

Isnt that an old chinese proverb - for every hit in the ass you give you shall receive it back ten fold by your big prison daddy

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

i agree with everything the FO has done this offseason thus far but I really hope they don't release Hines. Let him have his wish of 1 more year with us, he deserves it. It will be a sad day if he gets released after all he's done.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    i agree with everything the FO has done this offseason thus far but I really hope they don't release Hines. Let him have his wish of 1 more year with us, he deserves it. It will be a sad day if he gets released after all he's done.
    I think they should, but they shouldn't pay him 4mil to ride the pine.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I like Hines as much as the next guy but it's not the same situation. Hampton and Farrior are both still starters and Hines is no better than a 4th WR. Are you going to start Foote at ILB? Sylvester? I don't know if Foote is any better than Farrior and Sylvester is still unproven. Are you going to start McClendon at NT? He's not even really a NT. Move Ziggy there? I wouldn't like that.

We'll be drafting replacements for both this year but those guys probably won't be starting this year.
    They aren't starters...Hampton was awful and Farrior was a part time player most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ed: Steelers Sources Say No Decision on Ward Yet

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...view&id=114817

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They aren't starters...Hampton was awful and Farrior was a part time player most of the season.
    That's funny because they're both listed as starters on the depth chart and I believe that both of them started every game this year when healthy. Who are you going to replace them with? We don't have their replacements on the roster yet so you can't just cut them.

There's no question that both of them are in serious decline but we have to find their replacements before getting rid of them. Hopefully that'll happen in the draft this year and those guys will be ready to step in and play.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They may be starters on paper, but they both are shadows of their former self. The defense was much more effective when Hampton was on the sideline...and I'm a Big Snack fan. Farrior was no where near a full time player...again...maybe a starter on paper, but not near what he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I think some of these changes may be 1 year late, but I am hopeful we can make the right moves in the draft and in FA to get us well positioned for #7.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Give Ward a chance to legitimately earn a roster spot. That's all. Ward is a fighter and will hopefully redouble his offseason efforts.

It's that damn dancing with the stars....it zpped his mojo.
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 02-12-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Ed: Steelers Sources Say No Decision on Ward Yet

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...view&id=114817
    Just a reporter running with his own speculation.

I don't think Ward will be on the opening day roster either. But if I had a column I wouldn't go reporting that opinion as if it was a sourced fact.

I think the Steelers will meet with Ward and discuss the options sometime before the first OTA.s I would imagine the choices wont be pleasant for Hines, but I think a door might be opened a crack if they don't resign Cotcherty But at a very reduced salary. One thing you can't have, you can't have Hines as a 5th receiver again. That's a roster spot that needs to be cheap and play special teams.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."