Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Combine Mocks.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Re: Pre-Combine Mocks.

Yeah it's gonna be great. I'm just glad there are a few guys around like you, Texas, who want to talk draft/X's & O's instead of "power struggle"

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Going to be an interesting year buddy. If Adams in gone, and I think he might well be, (You know what happens to LTs in the draft) the logical pick most likely would be Hightower, if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he is still available.
    I'd have to agree with it going to be an interesting one. I cant remember any time during recent years where there could be a number of "bigger name" players cut/etc and also this much of a variety of positions they could go with in the first few rounds alone.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I still think that a LT is far harder to find than a OG
    I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that
    Hater = Realist

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I would take Coleman over Harnish too

At NT I prefer Josh Chapman from Alabama
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

The combines are getting close guys, and I am still waiting for a couple more pre-combine mocks. I promise not to hold you to these after the combine. Honestly guys I have often picked up on a few guys to watch in the combines that I never thought much about.

AML

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

The combines are getting close guys, and I am still waiting for a couple more pre-combine mocks. I promise not to hold you to these after the combine. Honestly guys I have often picked up on a few guys to watch in the combines that I never thought much about.
    Some of the guys I am most excited to watch will be

Ronnell Lewis
    Bobby Massie
    John Massaquoi
    Zach Brown
    Orson Charles
    Aminiasi Silatolu
    James-Michael Johnson

I think all of these guys have good chances to move up after the combine.

Of course I'm also looking forward to watching all of the SU favorites like Poe, Worthy, Zeitler, Adams, etc...

And of course I can't wait to watch all of the quarterbacks. Been spending a lot of time watching Brandon Weeden lately and wow have I been impressed. Starting to think he's round one for sure. Just wish he was younger.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

OK Tex - lets fire off a quick one.

NOTE: 49ers steal Mike Wallace and in return we are left with 1.30

1.24 Peter Konz OC / OG Wisconsin Jnr
    1.30 Dontari Poe NT Memphis
    2. Bobby Massie OT Miss
    3. Nigel Bradham ILB Florida State
    4 LaMichael James RB Oregon
    5. Jordan White WR Western Michigan
    6 Eddie Whitely FS Virginia Tech
    7.a Austin Davis QB Sth Miss
    7b. Markus Kuhn DE 6'4 303 NC State

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

2. Bobby Massie OT Miss
    Looks pretty good to me. I love Massie. I'm glad to see he's moving up some in the eyes of others. Was hearing round 3-4 a couple weeks ago which is way too low.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

2. Bobby Massie OT Miss
    I like the draft very much Aussie, but I always like you drafts. I think Massie could be this years Carpenter. He may move up so quickly that someone will take him a little higher that anyone though he would go. I really like the Jordan White, and the Eddie Whitely pick. These are two to watch in the combines. They could even move up farther that you have them. Thanks buddy.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

The next Dexter Mccluster?
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

I like the draft very much Aussie, but I always like you drafts. I think Massie could be this years Carpenter. He may move up so quickly that someone will take him a little higher that anyone though he would go. I really like the Jordan White, and the Eddie Whitely pick. These are two to watch in the combines. They could even move up farther that you have them. Thanks buddy.
    Not a fan of White. Only watched him once but wasn't that impressive. Does have a pretty big build and soft hands but isn't a vertical threat and doesn't make many miss in the open field. From my amatuer point of view, looks to have a lot of technical problems that are going to be tough to break.

Comparable to another MAC kid with big numbers, Freddie Barnes rather than an Antonio Brown type.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Not a fan of White. Only watched him once but wasn't that impressive. Does have a pretty big build and soft hands but isn't a vertical threat and doesn't make many miss in the open field. From my amatuer point of view, looks to have a lot of technical problems that are going to be tough to break.

Comparable to another MAC kid with big numbers, Freddie Barnes rather than an Antonio Brown type.

Respectfully disagree. I saw a bit of Jordan White and to me he looks like a footballer who just produces on the field.

He became a starter in 2009 as a sophomore (7 starts), finishing with 53 receptions for 681 yards (12.8) and 4 touchdowns. White started every game in 2010 as a junior, recording 94 receptions for 1,378 yards (14.7) and 10 scores, earning First Team All-MAC honors. He had his best season in 2011 and set several school receiving records (13 starts), finishing with an FBS-best 140 catches for 1,911 yards (13.7) and 17 touchdowns, earning All-America and First Team All-MAC honors. White finished his career as the school?s all-time career leader in catches (306) and receiving yards (4,187).
    White is an interesting story because of his impressive production the past three seasons after battling back from two separate ACL injuries to both knees ? admirable performance returning from injuries with determination and he?s not a guy I would bet against. He is a physical presence with good size and build, working well over the middle and catching the ball in contested situations. White?s speed, burst and overall movement ability leave a lot to be desired and his medical evaluations will be crucial to his NFL future, but his toughness and collegiate production cannot be ignored. He projects as a No. 4 receiver at the next level if he can show he?s not damaged goods and could prove to be a Danario Alexander-type player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...7/jordan-white
    Physical guy
    Great hands
    Not scared to go across the middle
    Great production

For a 5th round pick - I would take the risk. He is not a skinny piece of crap like Freddy Mitchell and not every receiver needs to be a deep threat. Sometimes you just need a hard core, tough as nails aint scared of jack shit receiver to do the dirty work. No point having a team full of run as fast as you can WR's unless you want to be the raiders of the 90's.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Respectfully disagree. I saw a bit of Jordan White and to me he looks like a footballer who just produces on the field.

Physical guy
    Great hands
    Great production

For a 5th round pick - I would take the risk. He is not a skinny piece of crap like Freddy Mitchell and not every receiver needs to be a deep threat. Sometimes you just need a hard core, tough as nails aint scared of jack shit receiver to do the dirty work. No point having a team full of run as fast as you can WR's unless you want to be the raiders of the 90's.
    Does Hines Ward come to mind on this.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Physical guy
    Great hands
    Great production

Those things cbs talked about are the positiives I mentioned. But beyond that, there isn't much there. He does a nice job of finding soft spots in zone coverages but doesn't get a lot of seperation out of his breaks. He won't beat man coverage. He doesn't offer much after the catch and isn't a threat to stretch the field. The numbers are impressive, yes, but it was a spread offense. The numbers are inflated by Western Michigan's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    Does Hines Ward come to mind on this.
    Thats my point.

not everyone can be Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Those things cbs talked about are the positiives I mentioned. But beyond that, there isn't much there. He does a nice job of finding soft spots in zone coverages but doesn't get a lot of seperation out of his breaks. He won't beat man coverage. He doesn't offer much after the catch and isn't a threat to stretch the field. The numbers are impressive, yes, but it was a spread offense. The numbers are inflated by Western Michigan's offense.

Remember I am talking about a Round 5 pick. He is going to have flaws. Not everyone on the roster can be first round talent.

For the purpose of my mock it was Jeff Fuller in the 4th or Jordan White in the 5th. Brown, Sanders and Cotch are a very good WR corp.
    Let Hines walk and replace him with a virtual clone in Jordan White. (I thought LaMichael James is better in the 4th than Fuller)

here are some more flaws for my 5th round pick

Would I take a chance on that in the 5th ... Shit Yeah