Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner says Eli isn’t a Hall of Famer

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Kurt Warner says Eli isn’t a Hall of Famer

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Kurt Warner says Eli isn’t a Hall of Famer

Eli won two SBs with game winning drives and Warner choked against the Steelers. I would vote for Eli every time over Warner except in a grocery bagging contest.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I don't think Kurt Warner's worthy of the HoF, personally. Too many shitty years on his résumé. He lost his job to Matt freaking Leinart at one point.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Analysts need to make headlines. His contract must be up.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The high and mighty kurt who lost 2 of 3 superbowls is looking down his nose at Eli who has won 2 of 2.

I give a rats ass what stats you have if you don't win it don't mean squat.

Hey kurt great players aren't always great they are just great when they have to be.

Yes it takes a team to win a Superbowl it also takes a team to do anything else in the NFL including gaining hellacious stats.

Sorry kurt but this whole thing is nothing more than sour grapes I aint buyin' what you're tryin' to sell.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Wow, really? No love for Kurt Warner? I thought he was a great quarterback. Just look at what happened to the Cardinals when he left.

Eli, on the other hand, needs to play at the level he played this year for a couple more years if he wants to make the HoF. Playoff heroics aside, he still has a career passer rating of 82.1 and a sub-60 completion percentage.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Wow, really? No love for Kurt Warner?
    Not so much that, but it seems anymore these articles come out every year regarding Kurt Warner's opinion on the SB-winning QB. Frankly, I don't think he qualifies as the be-all and end-all authority of what constitutes a HoF-worthy QB. If they asked someone like Montana or Elway, I'd lend it more credence.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Yes, I'm bitter.
    LOL I understand your pain Patriot!!!

Still doesn't change my mind but I do understand

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Not so much that, but it seems anymore these articles come out every year regarding Kurt Warner's opinion on the SB-winning QB. Frankly, I don't think he qualifies as the be-all and end-all authority of what constitutes a HoF-worthy QB. If they asked someone like Montana or Elway, I'd lend it more credence.
    Yeah, Warner really sold out. I think ESPN has him rank the top quarterback performances of each week.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This. Warner isn't even in yet so who cares what he thinks

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Warner is just envious that the Rams got beat by the video taping Pats before they were discovered.
    All Defense!

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I think Warner was a great player. But for a guy who (I believe) is on record as saying he considers himself a hall of fame quarterback, it's pretty bold statement to say Eli Manning isn't.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have to agree with Kurt, this past year was the first time Eli played great all year. Giants fans wanted him off the team up until he won the first superbowl because he was incredibly inconsistent. Then between the first superbowl win and 2011 he was just OK, nothing near hall of fame worthy.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I think Eli needs a couple more strong years, but other than that i think he could get in. Im going to go against the grain, i feel like Kurt Warner is up there for HOF candidacy as well
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I think it was dumb for Warner to say that as well, but why all the hate for Warner in this thread?

Remember his story. He was never supposed to be great. And look at his 2 SB losses. 1 was to a team that cheated to win the game, and the other was a close game he played well in.

He brought TWO franchises from NOWHERE to the SB.

I'm not saying he will for sure get in the HOF, but he definitely deserves consideration.

Also, I think Eli will be a HOFer. 2 SBs almost guarantees it. The only exception is Jim Plunkett, who probably isn't in because he was a number one overall pick who fell short of expectation early in his career before turning it on late.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I think it was dumb for Warner to say that as well, but why all the hate for Warner in this thread?

Remember his story. He was never supposed to be great. And look at his 2 SB losses. 1 was to a team that cheated to win the game, and the other was a close game he played well in.

He brought TWO franchises from NOWHERE to the SB.

I'm not saying he will for sure get in the HOF, but he definitely deserves consideration.
    I don't hate Warner. But it's pompous of him to talk about who is hall of fame worthy when he himself is not in. Also his last year's in st Louis and the year in new York were not hall of fame years

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

for me,Warner is a HOF

3 super bowl apparence,2 MVP and he lead the Arizona cardinals in the super bowl.....The ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I have a hard time buying that. Winning two Super Bowls is generally enough by itself to get you right to the cusp of the HOF, and into the HOF unless it's widely agreed you weren't the reason for winning the championships, or your entire career other than that was shitty. And with Eli, neither of those are the case. Love him or hate him, I'm pretty sure in order to keep him out of the HOF, they'd almost have to find out he was guilty of child molesting or something like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Don't forget that the St. Louis dynasty was crapped on by SpyGate. When Eli is on, he's on, but damn that guy is like David Blaine for stretches doing a disappearing act.

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Warner had some good years and not so good years. He's just like everyone else.

I'm not so sure that gives him the right to crap on Eli's parade.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Warner's allowed to voice his opinion. Wasn't he asked the question (didn't see the whole interview)? Isn't that we do on here?

I don't think Eli is a HOF'er yet. This time last year, you would have been laughed at had you asked the question. Sure, a ton have changed over one year but it's that. Just one year. Let's see how he performs in the following years. Heck, he still has never been a top 3 QB at any point in his career. We don't have to make any knee-jerk reactions right at this moment.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

His body of work is not yet complete. However, 2 SB victories while only 7 years in the league and MVP in both, surely augers well for consideration in the Hall. He still has another 5-8 years? He certainly warrants consideration, doesn't he?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Don't you people know Trent Dilfer is the media, go to expert for QB analysis. geesh.

If Eli can maintain anything near 4000 yards per with a decent amount of TD's... with 2 rings and 2 SuperBowl MVP's... He's in pretty easily, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Don't you people know Trent Dilfer is the media, go to expert for QB analysis. geesh.

If Eli can maintain anything near 4000 yards per with a decent amount of TD's... with 2 rings and 2 SuperBowl MVP's... He's in pretty easily, imo.
    He took Sean Salisbury's "spot".

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Warner can't be considered for the a HOF in my opinion. He had more years where he was less than great than he did being great. Besides the HOF shouldn't be about SB's, being inducted is an individual award not a team award.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Eli is the leagues possibly only Tom Brady killa... he would have my vote in the HOF !

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Eli is the leagues possibly only Tom Brady killa... he would have my vote in the HOF !
    Seriously, Eli Manning and the Giants get my support for the next 10 years in anything not involving the Steelers, just out of gratitude for bringing the idiot Patriots down to earth and making Brady suck his own butt on national TV. I can't think of many things I'd like more as a fan, or for that matter in general, short of banging 20 cheerleaders at once as I pounded a fifth of vodka and Goodell got stabbed.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

If Eli's career ended today, would I say he's a HoF quarterback? No, not at this very moment. The two Super Bowl wins aside, he hasn't been good enough year-in and year-out to be in the HoF today. But by the time his career is over, especially if he wins another Super Bowl, I would say yes, he's going to be a Hall of Famer.

And as for Kurt Warner, he needs to not answer questions about if someone of HoF worthy. He's not in it, and a lot of people feel he won't be, at least not for a while. He's got a great back story, but that's not what gets you into the HoF. He was a damn good QB and I think that he's got a very good shot of getting in. Two league MVP awards, three Super Bowl appearances, one Super Bowl win, one Super Bowl MVP award. But until he is actually in, I don't think he has any right to talk about anyone not being HoF worthy. Especially a guy who has won two Super Bowls and two Super Bowl MVP's. That's going to weigh heavily in Eli's favor when the time comes to vote when he's eligible.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

I guess, like with the coaches, you have to look at who is actually IN the Hall of Fame now.

Current HOF QBs
    Troy Aikman 1989-2000 George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975 Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983 Len Dawson 1957-1975 John Elway 1983-1998 Dan Fouts 1973-1987 Otto Graham 1946-1955 Bob Griese 1967-1980 Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974 Jim Kelly 1986-1996 Bobby Layne 1948-1962 Dan Marino 1983-1999 Joe Montana 1979-1994 Warren Moon 1984-2000 Joe Namath 1965-1977 Bart Starr 1956-1971 Roger Staubach 1969-1979 Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978 Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964 Johnny Unitas 1956-1973 Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960 Bob Waterfield 1945-1952 Steve Young 1985-1999

Glaring missing on the list. Jim Plunket (2 SB wins)

To be named: Favre, Manning, Brady, possibly Breese.

Is Eli among those guys? That's really the question.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1