Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kurt Warner says Eli isn’t a Hall of Famer

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Re: Kurt Warner says Eli isn’t a Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Uh...shouldn't the headline be rephrased as, "Warner Isn't a Hall of Famer." ???
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Warner not a hall if Famer? That could be debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That doesn't change what I was saying, hence it's debateable.

WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Warner had almost twice as many bad years as he did good years. He was good, but not HOF worthy in my opinion.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Last I checked, he's currently not in it, so no he is not at this moment.

And he might never be. He had five bad to mediocre years right in the middle of his career. That's not a Hall of Fame player, IMHO. Most of the ones that had bad to mediocre years either had them at the beginning of their careers as they came into the league & learned it (and were high draft picks for bad teams)...or at the end of their career where they held on for too long. But I can't think of a quarterback in the HoF that had them smack dab in the middle of their career.

Warner had bad to mediocre years (or years where he was supplanted by another QB) for six years and six years of really good to great play.

And in my honest opinion, the only people that should be allowed to talk about if someone is a Hall of Fame type of player are the fans, those players already in the Hall of Fame, and those with an actual election vote for the Hall of Fame voting.

Damn sure not a bunch of guys on TV who aren't in and most will only ever get in with the purchase of a ticket like you and I.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So a bunch of writers who've never played the game can comment who is or isn't a Hall of Fame vote based on "personal opinion." But a guy that has played the game, played it well, won MVPs, won Super Bowls, won passing titles, is a major part of the story that is the NFL can't speak on the topic because he had some mediocre years? lol...okay.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Eli won two SBs with game winning drives and Warner choked against the Steelers. I would vote for Eli every time over Warner except in a grocery bagging contest.

^this
    Stay classy, leftnutz

I wouldn't say Warner choked against the Steelers...he did take the lead with 2:43 remaining. The fumble isn't really choking the game away...it was great D from the Steelers.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Eli will be in the HOF one day.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

So a bunch of writers who've never played the game can comment who is or isn't a Hall of Fame vote based on "personal opinion." But a guy that has played the game, played it well, won MVPs, won Super Bowls, won passing titles, is a major part of the story that is the NFL can't speak on the topic because he had some mediocre years? lol...okay.
    I said the writers that vote in the HoF inductees....not some sap blogger who isn't actual media. That's not every single member of the media. Just the ones who vote in the Hall of Fame classes, because their opinions actually count.

And no, I don't think Warner should be out there giving his opinion on if Eli is a Hall of Famer or not. His career isn't even half over, he'll likely play another 10-12 seasons barring a major injury. In the end, he's hurting Eli's chances later and trying to make sure his name stays out in the media with Hall of Fame in the title to keep him in mind when the time comes and he's on the ballot.

And I don't think he's a Hall of Fame player. That's just my opinion. If there was a Hall of Very Good, he'd be in it. But I don't think he is Hall of Fame worthy.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy