Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thread to support the Hawks (I hate the Cryers)

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Thread to support the Hawks (I hate the Cryers)

THANK YOU and congratulations to the Hawks for winning the Cup, and saving my summer now that I won't have to see those Orange Bastards in Philthy celebrating a championship.

And congrats to you, DDF! Enjoy it - it's an awesome feeling! I have to admit I'm a bit envious - I remember how great it felt when the Pens won last year...I want to experience that again, and soon.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Phuck Philly
    Good job Hawks
    Congrats.

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

what a weak goal to win. It shouldn't even count..

Niemi won the game in the first 30 sec of OT.

good job flyers....you kept it interesting

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    I wonder if Sid will still be the youngest captain to win Lord Stanley, or if Toews is actually younger??
    They said that Toews is 22.

and I sure didn't want to see the Flyers name next to the Penguins on the cup for all eternity.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Just woke up and heard the great news. Congrats to the Blackhawks.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Nice job Blackhawks and cograts to DDF.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

I think Bettman should stop awarding the trophies and cup. The booing he gets year in an year out really puts a downer on the ceremonies.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Joe View Post
    Nice job Hawks! Nuf' said!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

From this NY Ranger fan to all the Blackhawks fans out there , CONGRATS !!!!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I wonder if Sid will still be the youngest captain to win Lord Stanley, or if Toews is actually younger??
    Sid is still the youngest captain to win the Cup - he was still 21 when the Pens won it last year, while Toews is 22.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    I think Bettman should stop awarding the trophies and cup. The booing he gets year in an year out really puts a downer on the ceremonies.
    I think they should have made Hartnell award the Cup to the Hawks last night.

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    HAWKS WIN ! good lord i am so wired right now!
    Congratulations, DDF!

THAT was a great game to watch----and it all ended with the Cryers crying!
    As for the fans booing Toews...just classless.

Now watch the Philly fans be completely classless when Chicago receives the cup.
    Right on cue, those classless douches booed Toews for his Conn Smythe...just pathetic
    Yet another reason why I despise all things Philthadelphia...
    (well...ok...the Liberty Bell and other historical stuff is pretty cool, but the people that live there now all suck...)

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    As for the fans booing Toews...just classless.
    I heard that and it just reinforces my belief that the only thing classy to ever come out of Filthadelphia is the Philly cheesesteak.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Said it in the "GO HAWKS" thread... Congratulations!

I'm glad the "good guys" won.

Sorry vasteeler, too many years for me to change now. They did put up a good fight though. Besides those goons enjoy being the bad guys.

BTW,
    What is it with the Philadelphia professional sports team names?

The Flyers are named after a wagon:

The Phillies are named after a....what the f*ck is a Phillie?

(actually, if one looks up the history of those teams (I vomited a little after doing so), you find that the city had a hockey team AND a baseball team that were both named the Quakers...not in the same era, but it hints at the relatively unimaginative and little minds that now reside there----I'll give you that the Founding Fathers were an exception to that, but their time has long since gone...)

So the name of the Philadelphia Quakers (baseball) was changed to the Philadelphia Philadelphias (brilliant, isn't it?), which was then shortened to the Phillies...still brilliant.

The Flyers got their name thru a contest...apparently Snider liked the way it rolled off the tongue...

The Eagles----I actually think this is a cool name...it beats the hell out of the Cardinals, Bluejays, Orioles, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons...
    What the hell is with all the birds?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congrats Hawks.
    Hey Cryers HA HA HA!!!!!
    Go home you classless Philthadelphia fans

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

ugh!!!! congrats hawks fans, well congrats XT but i think the rest of you are just flyer haters but thats ok
    the best team won

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Screw the fans for booing! All Arrogant. Go home and cry because you suckers lost baby cry cryers CRY!!!
    Us Pens fans didn't boo Lindstrom and the Wings two years ago, I think the fans that were there were actually more congradulatory.

Stay classless Philly

Member Array title="Pittsburghfan is an unknown quantity at this point"> Pittsburghfan's Avatar

I'm glad for Hossa. All Pens fans should've gotten over what he did in 2009 anyway. We knew what we were getting into when we traded him. He only played for about 32 games? He is probably the best all around winger in hockey. Congrats Hawks and Hawks fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
    I'm glad for Hossa.
    Me too, but he's still an assclown.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
    I'm glad for Hossa. All Pens fans should've gotten over what he did in 2009 anyway. We knew what we were getting into when we traded him. He only played for about 32 games? He is probably the best all around winger in hockey. Congrats Hawks and Hawks fans.
    I was kind of happy for Hossa too. I'd rather see him win the cup than that group out of philly.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    I was kind of happy for Hossa too. I'd rather see him win the cup than that group out of philly.
    Yupp the Hossa hate is still there, but Ill have him win the Cup with the Hawks anyday over seeing the Orange Goons win it!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    ugh!!!! congrats hawks fans, well congrats XT but i think the rest of you are just flyer haters but thats ok
    the best team won
    The fact that you said this makes you better than 99.9% of Flyers fans, who seem to make it their mission to blame everyone under the sun for their losses except their team. According to them, the Pens haven't beaten them since 2006.

Anyway, I won't pile on, man. I give credit where credit is due for the Flyers making it all the way to the Final when nobody expected them to, but I'm still glad they came up short.

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I heard that and it just reinforces my belief that the only thing classy to ever come out of Filthadelphia is the Philly cheesesteak.

Tastycakes and Philly cream cheese are pretty good also. As for the rest of the city and its sports teams.......worthless.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

I work at King of Prussia mall in Philly and saw a kid walking around yesterday with a shirt on that said "Phuck the Hawks". Grow up Philly... That reminds me of the Baltimorons that wear the purple shirts saying "Steelers suck"... Two whiny cities..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

I'm with you BPS. The Philly defenders say oh that's just a few fans that act like A-holes, every team has them. I say Philly has a much larger percentage than most. Living 60 miles from that dump is as close as I want to get.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Quote Originally Posted by Burghfan58 View Post
    I'm with you BPS. The Philly defenders say oh that's just a few fans that act like A-holes, every team has them. I say Philly has a much larger percentage than most. Living 60 miles from that dump is as close as I want to get.
    Well, you don't end up putting a court and jail inside your stadium if it was "just a few fans that act like A-holes." They don't even do that in New York or LA...just Philthy. Now, there's a new story out about a kid, no more than 3 or 4 years old, knocking one back at a Phillies game last week:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...-phillies-game

Trash, all of them!