Thread: Possible Trades?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Possible Trades?

Each year I like to think about the possibility of trading out of the 1st round, and this year with the depth of a couple of our needed positions this could happen. I would just like to kick it around a bit.

If we could trade our 1st round pick for a mid round 2nd and 3rd rounder, possibly in the 16th to 18th of the rounds. Follow that trade by trading our 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder to move up to the 9th or 10th pick in the 2nd round. That could end up as the 10th and 16th pick in the second round and the 16th pick in the 3rd round leaving the rest of our picks untouched. (Hypothetically)

With this we could end up with OG/OT Kelechi Osemele, and NT Josh Chapman, in the 2nd round, and a player like OT Bobby Massie of Mississippi, or maybe Nate Potter OT out of Boise ST, in the 3rd. Potter, who was well thought of last year, seems to be the forgotten man so far.

AML

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Re: Possible Trades?

#24 is the kind of spot were you can drop back 4 or 5 spots and get true first round prospect. In return picking up a late 3rd round pick.

In relation to trades I can definitely see a couple of trades on the radar.

I can really see Washington trading with the Rams to land RGIII

The next trade I can see is Chicago make a bold move and trading up with Cleveland to land Justin Blackmon. Cleveland will be happy to move down after missing out on RGIII and look for more tools later on. Maybe the target Tannehill in the back half of the first.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

We're in a prime spot for a trade if Tannehill is still around by the time we're on the clock.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I can see several players that could draw trade interest if they are there at 24. If Mark Barron, SS, or Janoris Jenkins, CB, are there they could pull interest for teams like the cowboys, and the Vikes. I could see a could teams in the front part of round 2,that could be interested in a trade to grab Courtey Upshaw, or Melvin Ingram, but the best thing for us would be for 2 or 3 teams to fall in love with Tannehill. I based my trades purely on the value chart, but I know that if talks should start sometimes you can throw that chart out the window, particularly, it seems, when you are talking about a QB.

My point is that we need a OG, and with the depth at OG we could get one that could be a boarder line 1st rounder such as Brandon Washington, Kelechi Osemele, or Kevin Zetler in the 2nd round, we need a NT, and Josh Chapman could end up about as good as any we could have gotten in the 1st round. I do doubt the we could fill both positions with the players I have mention with the picks we are holding right now.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers, trade, same sentence? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I agree, there isn't going to be much value for the Steelers at 24. I doubt the Steelers pick a DB in the first 3 rounds, unless they acquire extra picks. I believe they will go with either a NT or OL with their first pick.

Does this year's draft have any DBs worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I agree, there isn't going to be much value for the Steelers at 24. I doubt the Steelers pick a DB in the first 3 rounds, unless they acquire extra picks. I believe they will go with either a NT or OL with their first pick.

Does this year's draft have any DBs worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?
    Two that come to my mind are both out of Iowa. Iowa St's Leonard Johnson, and Iowa's Shaun Prater.

AML

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Each year I like to think about the possibility of trading out of the 1st round, and this year with the depth of a couple of our needed positions this could happen. I would just like to kick it around a bit.

If we could trade our 1st round pick for a mid round 2nd and 3rd rounder, possibly in the 16th to 18th of the rounds. Follow that trade by trading our 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder to move up to the 9th or 10th pick in the 2nd round. That could end up as the 10th and 16th pick in the second round and the 16th pick in the 3rd round leaving the rest of our picks untouched. (Hypothetically)

With this we could end up with OG/OT Kelechi Osemele, and NT Josh Chapman, in the 2nd round, and a player like OT Bobby Massie of Mississippi, or maybe Nate Potter OT out of Boise ST, in the 3rd. Potter, who was well thought of last year, seems to be the forgotten man so far.

Tex I totally agree with you. I've been thinking that way past 5 years

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't like the Steelers trading, they trade up, they give up too much, they trade down they miss out on talent, depending how far we trade down. I prefer staying put and steady and getting the best player available who fills a big need

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I don't like the Steelers trading, they trade up, they give up too much, they trade down they miss out on talent, depending how far we trade down. I prefer staying put and steady and getting the best player available who fills a big need
    I don't think so we miss out at one pick. And where we are at I don't think there is a much of a drop off from 24th-48th pick. And we get more picks in this year draft. And possibly another 1st rd in next years draft

i go hard like tiger wood Array title="lilyoder6 is an unknown quantity at this point">

imo and prob gonna get some backlash on this.. but i would try to sign mario williams to a type of contract that harrison got from us earlier.. then trade harrison to a team that needs a pass rusher.. and get some decent picks.. buuuttt i know that wont happen.. but its fun to think.. lol