Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell's contract extended

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Roger Goodell's contract extended

Well.....Chidi will be happy. (Just teasing ya Chidi- no hard feelings)

NEW YORK -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has had his contract extended through the 2018 season.
    Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who is the chairman of the NFL Compensation Committee, made the announcement Wednesday.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...on-2018-season
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Roger Goodell's contract extended

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Doing my happy dance.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

I was just going to come post this....2018? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Looks like my boycott against all non-Steelers games will continue, then...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh joy.

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

*Sigh*
    Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It must be because of the high television ratings and all the cash that rolls in despite his interference. The goof does not know how to be a manager, he more represents a majority of the ownership for reasons unknown to me.

He is as much of a whiney, dickhead as the Harbaugh brothers.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, that was smart.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

i go hard like tiger wood Array title="lilyoder6 is an unknown quantity at this point">

well the only good things under goodell that prob warranted him this extension was thru the labor deal, which was horse shit.. and the fact the nfl has been growing pretty decently, and they want to give roger the credit for that

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Arena league here we come.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Let me pose a question.

If one owner, Art Rooney, should be trusted with his decision to let Bruce Arians go, because he is an owner and knows the situation better than us, shouldn't the same happen when all 32 owners vote to keep a person?

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Let me pose a question.

If one owner, Art Rooney, should be trusted with his decision to let Bruce Arians go, because he is an owner and knows the situation better than us, shouldn't the same happen when all 32 owners vote to keep a person?
    Why, when Arians was on staff, the "lovers" deferred to the wisdom of the FO in keeping Arians? Now that the FO has caused Arians to leave, the FO has suddenly lost its collective mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Why, when Arians was on staff, the "lovers" deferred to the wisdom of the FO in keeping Arians? Now that the FO has caused Arians to leave, the FO has suddenly lost its collective mind?
    I don't speak for everybody, but I certainly never played the front office card.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Let me pose a question.

All depends how you define "the good of the game". Is it the product on the field or is it the money garnered from gates, advertising, TV etc.

All depends how you define "the good of the game". Is it the product on the field or is it the money garnered from gates, advertising, TV etc.
    Shouldn't the owners being taking that in consideration too when deciding whether or not to extend him?

Shouldn't the owners being taking that in consideration too when deciding whether or not to extend him?
    In a perfect world. Are fans an asset or revenue gardens?

I don't speak for everybody, but I certainly never played the front office card.
    Duly noted. I didn't think you were.

In a perfect world. Are fans an asset or revenue gardens?
    Both.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!

Both.
    It all depends where you put your emphasis. Owners HAVE to make money. The product on the field is secondary. Why would the owners even consider turning off the tap that is giving them revenues they can't even count?

Why were the Steelers the only team to not want to accept the new agreement? Are they the idiots or the rest of the league.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

NASCAR all over again.

Unless this dicktard gets away with expanding into Europe, the TV ratings will start to drop. He's watered down the league too much. It's gonna start hurting eventually.
    Fire Goodell

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Let me pose a question.

Arthur Blank "spoke" for the 32 teams. There was no mention of the results... unless you're implying we should assume a unanimous result. I'm sure even in death, Al Davis would abstain.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

"It's what the fans want."

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

This just proves even more that the owners only care about how much money they can make. It's f'ing pathetic.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    This just proves even more that the owners only care about how much money they can make. It's f'ing pathetic.
    As if that wasn't already clear from the lockout and the push to Europe and an 18-game season.

I really wonder if most of these owners actually don't realize how much resentment this dickhead and his effect on the game have antagonized the fans. Or maybe they really don't care as long as they keep attracting more "casual fans" to replace the original ones. Or maybe most fans really are dumb enough that they just go along with it and hardly even understand that anything has changed. Probably a little bit of all three, actually.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

7 more years of 3 or more quarterbacks passing for 5,000, steeler players getting suspended for playing defense, and more pussification of the game. By 2018, every quarterback will throw for 300 yards on a regular basis and the number 1 defense will give up 20 points and 350 yards a game

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Arthur Blank "spoke" for the 32 teams. There was no mention of the results... unless you're implying we should assume a unanimous result. I'm sure even in death, Al Davis would abstain.
    The 52-year-old Goodell's deal was set to expire in March 2014, but the league's 32 clubs unanimously voted to extend his contract until March 31, 2019

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80O1YP20120125

-----------

Even if it was reported correctly, as ESPN made no mention of it, to my belief, 24 (two-thirds) of owners have to vote for anything to be ratified (as they do with rule changes).