View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

35 79.55%
  • 49ers

7 15.91%
  • Ravens

1 2.27%
  • I can't answer right now because I have no penis, or if I'm a woman, I have the clap.

1 2.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOW who do you want to win the Super Bowl (after divisional games)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: NOW who do you want to win the Super Bowl (after divisional games)

yup ... 80% Giants, and apparently one person has the clap.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

GIANTS!!!!!!!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    yup ... 80% Giants, and apparently one person has the clap.

Sorry...iven a bit too manch to dricnk! too many dsammy adams!!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah we can't have the ravens or the cheats win the SB so, Go G-Men. I hope the Niners have their freaking lights fixed for Sunday's game as well.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Brett Favre.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

You do realize that if the Giants win, Eli will be definitely considered clutch and elite and take Ben's place in the eyes of the media as the cream of their draft class, right? Eli wins against an 18-0 Patriots team in 07 while winning the MVP (even though the Defense should have collectively won the MVP) and is probably looking at a rematch this year, assuming all goes according to "schedule". Ben, on the other hand, won against two teams appearing in their first SBs while having the lowest winning QB rating ever in one and not getting the MVP in the other (though I certainly think Ben deserved it). If Eli wins again, he'll most likely rank higher than Peyton, much less Ben, who gets little enough respect as it is. The talk has been swinging this way ever since last week, and the Championship games have yet to be played, even. Perhaps that's not important in the great scheme of things, and surely y'all know more about the ins and outs of the games and rivalries and such than I. It is what it is, and trust me, I'm rooting NFC all the way, but personally I'm still hoping the 49ers get their sixth rather than Eli getting his second. Just me and apparently five others, though.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    You do realize that if the Giants win, Eli will be definitely considered clutch and elite and take Ben's place in the eyes of the media as the cream of their draft class, right? Eli wins against an 18-0 Patriots team in 07 while winning the MVP (even though the Defense should have collectively won the MVP) and is probably looking at a rematch this year, assuming all goes according to "schedule". Ben, on the other hand, won against two teams appearing in their first SBs while having the lowest winning QB rating ever in one and not getting the MVP in the other (though I certainly think Ben deserved it). If Eli wins again, he'll most likely rank higher than Peyton, much less Ben, who gets little enough respect as it is. The talk has been swinging this way ever since last week, and the Championship games have yet to be played, even. Perhaps that's not important in the great scheme of things, and surely y'all know more about the ins and outs of the games and rivalries and such than I. It is what it is, and trust me, I'm rooting NFC all the way, but personally I'm still hoping the 49ers get their sixth rather than Eli getting his second. Just me and apparently five others, though.
    Good. Ben will have something to prove over the next couple of years. Let redemption begin.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    um yeah, I don't really care what anyone thinks of Ben. For all I care the media and fans could rank him as the 31st best QB in the league

And I agree with Count, it would only add fuel to Ben's fire
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

and sammy adeams too much to drink i just athink this thearda is interstinga! Go gaints!! beat up the 49er4s!!! whoo hooo! yrash!!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

49ers.

LOVE their heart....I think Vernon Davis won me over.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Really, the disasters of each team winning the Super Bowl rank like this for me, from worst to most bearable:

1. Patriots. OMG DYNASTY, BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, BRADY IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME. Nothing at all would be worse than this.

2. Giants. OMG ELI MANNING. OMG NFC EAST. GIANTS 4 SUPER BOWLS!11!!!1111! COWBOYS-GIANTS ELI MANNING TONY ROMO GIANTS-EAGLES ELI MANNING EAGLES-COWBOYS GIANTS-COWBOYS ELI MANNING. HEIR TO PEYTON OMG OMG MANNING BROTHERS. OMG ELI TO THE COLTS? You will hear this ALL DAY LONG until both of them are retired.

3. Ravens. Bad because it's our biggest rival, though I have a grudging respect for them because they always give us a good game and they play a tough style. This would not be so bad; more like your annoying brother finally beating you at Street Fighter after you've kicked his ass for 8 out of the last 10 years. Whatever.

4. 49eres. So they tie us for Super Bowl wins. Big fucking whoop. They're the best story of the teams remaining, the least annoying threat in the hype department and not a rival or a team I'm tired of hearing about. They have a ton of players who have worked their asses off for 8 years and won nothing. I don't care about Jim Harbaugh; he's done nothing to piss me off except be some other guy's brother.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I thought I'd be alone in voting for the G-men, who, while plenty douchey themselves, are no where near the trashy doucheosphere of the remaining teams. SF get a bit of a pass because they as a team don't seem that douchey, but their coach is certainly ranks up there with a used Rosie O'Donnell tampon.

The Rats and Ravens are unspeakably douchey and, between the killers, thugs and serial cheaters, probably shouldn't even be eligible. As I said before, the only "win" possible between them is a mid-air collision of their charter planes.
    that is awful
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Pats* demolish the Ravens, up by about 28 points in the 4th quarter and then Suggs and Ngata blow up Brady as the Pats* try to pad the score.

Pats* get eaten alive by the GMen.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Pats* demolish the Ravens, up by about 28 points in the 4th quarter and then Suggs and Ngata blow up Brady as the Pats* try to pad the score.

Not a bad scenario, my friend.

Methinks it could work.

Ahh....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Really, the disasters of each team winning the Super Bowl rank like this for me, from worst to most bearable:

1. Patriots. OMG DYNASTY, BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, BRADY IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME. Nothing at all would be worse than this.

2. Giants. OMG ELI MANNING. OMG NFC EAST. GIANTS 4 SUPER BOWLS!11!!!1111! COWBOYS-GIANTS ELI MANNING TONY ROMO GIANTS-EAGLES ELI MANNING EAGLES-COWBOYS GIANTS-COWBOYS ELI MANNING. HEIR TO PEYTON OMG OMG MANNING BROTHERS. OMG ELI TO THE COLTS? You will hear this ALL DAY LONG until both of them are retired.

3. Ravens. Bad because it's our biggest rival, though I have a grudging respect for them because they always give us a good game and they play a tough style. This would not be so bad; more like your annoying brother finally beating you at Street Fighter after you've kicked his ass for 8 out of the last 10 years. Whatever.

4. 49eres. So they tie us for Super Bowl wins. Big fucking whoop. They're the best story of the teams remaining, the least annoying threat in the hype department and not a rival or a team I'm tired of hearing about. They have a ton of players who have worked their asses off for 8 years and won nothing. I don't care about Jim Harbaugh; he's done nothing to piss me off except be some other guy's brother.
    I actually don't see a bigger disaster or injustice than that murderous phony Stabby Ray Lewis winning a second super bowl and from what I heard retiring a champion. That would be the most repulsive moment in NFL history and the thought alone is enough to make a non-Ravens fan barf up a lung. Add to it, the fact that numerous other hacks, thugs, and criminals winning a Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    Not a bad scenario, my friend.

Methinks it could work.

Ahh....
    Yeah, but then the Brady dickriding still happens because OMG he got them to 5 Super Bowls and it just wasn't FAIR that he couldn't play or wasn't 100%, so it'll forever have an asterisk and OMG Patriots best team ever woulda coulda shoulda, etc.

I'd rather the Pats* lose AND Brady gets injured badly enough to mess up next year for them too. And also Welker and Gronkowski collide with each other and break their dicks, not that they have any.

If the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl and lose, all that would be is a pure making fun of them opportunity and nobody would have to hear any bullshit for the next 10 years. It'd be great.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Agreed. Except a 6th win admittedly bothers me.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'd rather the Pats* lose AND Brady gets injured badly enough to mess up next year for them too. And also Welker and Gronkowski collide with each other and break their dicks, not that they have any.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Agreed. Except a 6th win admittedly bothers me.
    I was of the same mind for a while, except of all things, hearing all the Packers bullshit last year about "OMG we won 45,000 championships" was a real eye-opener. Like ... at some point, history is history, and the page turns. The 49ers were a great team 25 years ago, but nobody makes the mistake of thinking the current team's success has anything to do with overall greatness of the franchise. They were a laughingstock for a decade and got the same treatment as any other team that was a laughingstock for a decade - from their own fans and from everybody else.

Believe me, from about 2002-present, nobody was walking around here going, "Yeah, the 49ers are so great, we won 5 Super Bowls." The media was not saying anything about it, except in a "my, look how far they've fallen" sense when the coach got fired every year. It sort of gets brought up now that they're a good team again, but guess what - even if they win no more Super Bowls, it'll get brought up as long as they're contenders; and if they're not contenders, it won't get brought up. You don't hear people talking about the Cowboys' 5 Super Bowls as meaning anything unless they're in contention, or the Yankees' 35,000 World Series titles, or the Canadiens' 50,000 Stanley Cups, except in an ironic sense.

I think Steelers fans tend to forget that a little, because unlike most other teams, we haven't been through a really hopeless period, where we really sucked for a long time, since about 40 years ago. People say the '80s were crap, but in reality, they made the playoffs a few times, had a winning record more often than not, and had enough flashes that they maintained some dignity and never fell into the rebuilding-mode category where the rest of the league really sees your asses.

No other fanbase except possibly Cowboys fans have had anything even close to a similar experience, and I think it tends to make it really easy to lose perspective about how past success really only factors into anything when you're doing well in the present. If anything, I think it probably adds something to the intrigue of the next few seasons if the 49ers stay good, just like Lakers-Celtics made things more interesting for the past few years in the NBA. I certainly don't remember much of a sense of importance when teams like the Rams, Ravens, Panthers, Titans were competing for Super Bowls. I don't even remember who won the Super Bowl for some of those years, because the whole thing seemed to have diminished importance.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Still sticking with the G-men on this one. Any thoughts of the other 3 teams winning it makes me wanna barf.

Yeah, but then the Brady dickriding still happens because OMG he got them to 5 Super Bowls and it just wasn't FAIR that he couldn't play or wasn't 100%, so it'll forever have an asterisk and OMG Patriots best team ever woulda coulda shoulda, etc.

If the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl and lose, all that would be is a pure making fun of them opportunity and nobody would have to hear any bullshit for the next 10 years. It'd be great.
    That was hilarious! Dang, you're creative.

Me likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldBabe View Post
    Still sticking with the G-men on this one. Any thoughts of the other 3 teams winning it makes me wanna barf.
    My sentiments exactly.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

35 to 7 to 1 is pretty much a landslide.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

2 and 4 can be fixed next season.

1 can never be fixed.

3 would suck but wouldn't count for much in the history books. It would, however, validate Harbaugh's bush league attitude and approach.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

About number two, if anyone thinks Eli is better than Peyton, they need to have the crap slapped out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    About number two, if anyone thinks Eli is better than Peyton, they need to have the crap slapped out of them.
    I'm sure we will get some talking heads to make the claim.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    I Root against in this Order

First the 49ers MUST NOT WIN! They have 5 Rings, we have 6, if they win it all, they tie us and that is Unacceptable!
    Seconds the Patriots MUST NOT WIN! Bill B has 3 Super Bowl Rings, Chuck Noll has 4, Bill B is not allowed to tie Chuck Noll
    Third the Ravens MUST NOT WIN...cause they are the fcking Ravens.
    Forth, I allow for a Giants win without being to bitter about it. That would give them 4, tying the Packers and still 2 back of us.
    I love this thought ! As I've said in another post, I gave up on football this season after the denver loss. I don't want any of the 4 teams left, but we all know that isn't going to happen. I don't like brady, ochoblinko and rest of cheats, I don't like flacco, harbaugh and rest of the rats, I don't like manning, but I do like coughlin, and what's left is the other harbaugh brother, but with his team win would tie us on SB rings....I guess I'll have to go with the manning brother and a giants win. At least a ring for Mr.Coughlin would be okay.....I guess it's the best of the 4 scenerio's. ugh.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

I Root against in this Order

First the 49ers MUST NOT WIN! They have 5 Rings, we have 6, if they win it all, they tie us and that is Unacceptable!
    Seconds the Patriots MUST NOT WIN! Bill B has 3 Super Bowl Rings, Chuck Noll has 4, Bill B is not allowed to tie Chuck Noll
    Third the Ravens MUST NOT WIN...cause they are the fcking Ravens.
    Forth, I allow for a Giants win without being to bitter about it. That would give them 4, tying the Packers and still 2 back of us.
    Well then...I guess I got my best situation possible for this year that didn't involve US hoisting #7.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

The other good news is that Goofdell ball hasn't been validated. Real football survives at least one more year.

The Pats* don't play defense and they play a lame dink and dunk offense. The Giants have a balanced attack and a serviceable but not world-beater defense.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Well then...I guess I got my best situation possible for this year that didn't involve US hoisting #7.
    Agreed. This was the best possible scenario, for me.