View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

35 79.55%
  • 49ers

7 15.91%
  • Ravens

1 2.27%
  • I can't answer right now because I have no penis, or if I'm a woman, I have the clap.

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOW who do you want to win the Super Bowl (after divisional games)

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Re: NOW who do you want to win the Super Bowl (after divisional games)

GGGG Men. Only team I really root for in the playoffs when the Steelers are out of it. If not, I wouldnt mind Jimster getting the 6th ring for the Bay area, asshole? Yes, arrogant? Yes, but much better than the damn Ratbirds or Patriots. Because if the Ravens win their SECOND ring, it will amount to 8 according to the Baltiomore Media and ESPN and make Joe Flacco more elite than Ben.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    First the 49ers MUST NOT WIN! They have 5 Rings, we have 6, if they win it all, they tie us and that is Unacceptable!
    Seconds the Patriots MUST NOT WIN! Bill B has 3 Super Bowl Rings, Chuck Noll has 4, Bill B is not allowed to tie Chuck Noll
    You really think the 49ers temporarily tying us would be worse than the Patriots having 4 and "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST QB OF ALL TIME!!!!"

Because if that happened, you'd be hearing that for the rest of your LIFE. No matter how many championships we or anyone else won after that.

Steelers win 2 more Super Bowls - "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST EVER!!!" Steelers win 10 more Super Bowls - "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST EVER!!!"

Apparently you have not considered how badly that would suck.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You really think the 49ers temporarily tying us would be worse than the Patriots having 4 and "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST QB OF ALL TIME!!!!"

Because if that happened, you'd be hearing that for the rest of your LIFE. No matter how many championships we or anyone else won after that.

Steelers win 2 more Super Bowls - "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST EVER!!!" Steelers win 10 more Super Bowls - "OMG DYNASTY!!! BRADY IS THE BEST EVER!!!"

Apparently you have not considered how badly that would suck.
    I would really hate if Bellicheat ties The Emperor's 4 Super Bowls.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    The Packers have won 13 titles. Its not their fault that 9 of them were before they were called "Super Bowls"
    You're wrong. The Packers have won four titles if you're being generous. Based on level of competition, you could make a pretty compelling argument for two - but rather than get into some long dissertation about the state of the NFL when they first conceived of the Super Bowl, I'll concede four.

Bottom line is, nobody cares how many semi-pro rugby championships they won, except their own fans who have their heads up their asses anyway. It does not count as a professional football championship if USC would blow you out by 50. Or if Arizona State would've blown you out by 50, for that matter. For most of those "championships," there were like 8 or 10 teams, most of them were at the level where they'd be signing hobos off the street the day before the game, and if you won your division, you went straight to the title game.

You want to compare apples to apples, the Steelers have won their division 25 times, so that equals something like 25-50 championships by Green Bay standards. Heck, we beat the Browns in Week 17 this year, so why not count that as another championship. And I heard Casey Hampton took the hugest dump, so that's like 15 more championships. We're up to, like, 160 now.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

I can't decide on a no-Harbaugh SB or Ravens getting humiliated 49er-Chargers '94 style in the SB by the Giants.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure how much weight you can give championships from an era when they only had like 8-12 teams. I tend to think of this as modern-era versus the legacy era.
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure how much weight you can give championships from an era when they only had like 8-12 teams. I tend to think of this as modern-era versus the legacy era.
    Especially when the "championship" was decided solely on who wound up with the best W/L record in a league full of teams like the "Pottsville Maroons" and the "Frankford Yellow Jackets."

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Especially when the "championship" was decided solely on who wound up with the best W/L record in a league full of teams like the "Pottsville Maroons" and the "Frankford Yellow Jackets."
    "Here we go, Ma-roons, here we go!"

Pottsville had a sweet team in '46...but their offensive coach, Oscar Arians sucked ass. He was in love with the forward pass, often employing it as many as (gasp!) SIX plays a game! What a predictable grab-bag! Everyone knows the "T" offense running belly and dive runs is the only way to win!
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Oscar Arians - LMAO!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

You guys don't have to like it if you don't want to. I can understand that. But all the LEAGUE Championships going back to 1920 are legit by the rules at the time. And all the ones since 1933 were won in a Championships game. And thats a fact...

But if you personally don't want to acknowledge them then thats fine. But if we had won a championship before 1966 I bet some of you guys would think differently.

Meh. Different league; different game for that matter. It's not like baseball.

I doubt if the Steelers had been any good in the early days of the game it would've made any difference. How many Bears and Lions fans do you hear going around bragging about how many championships they won in the Cretaceous Era shit league? Both of those teams won plenty of titles (which you pretty much had to every few years just by virtue of being in the league). But nobody else goes around touting how great and storied their team was; they're neat side notes, but normal fans don't have their heads buried in the past to make themselves feel better about their team. |It's only Packers fans, who maybe not coincidentally are the most irritating shitheads except for come-lately Patriots fans.

Basically, you get into the 1950s and before, there are plenty of great individual players and coaches to talk about, but any comparison on a teamwide or leaguewide basis is beyond irrelevant, just like every single one of the Packers' titles.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

49ers. Best all around team remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

You guys don't have to like it if you don't want to. I can understand that. But all the LEAGUE Championships going back to 1920 are legit by the rules at the time. And all the ones since 1933 were won in a Championships game. And thats a fact...

But if you personally don't want to acknowledge them then thats fine. But if we had won a championship before 1966 I bet some of you guys would think differently.
    That's true but many only recognize Super Bowls, not just "us guys". The "Modern era" is generally referring to 1970 and the merger. The Super Bowls began in 1967 but they were still 2 separate leagues until 1970.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Giants

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

There's one proof of what you're saying. Do we count AFL championships? If we do, the Chiefs have 4 championships. The Bills aren't perennial losers since they've got 2.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Giants all the way. The 9er's have 5 SB's and if they win It'll be 6, and we Steelers fans can't have that...lol. But no, seriously. If the Giants can beat the Packers at home they have what it takes to roll the 9er's, pats and rats... as long as the Giants show up, they can do it.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Giants or Patriots. I don't want San Francisco to catch us in the ring race and if Baltimore wins it with such a mediocre Quarterback I'll be questioning where this league is at right now. Same reason I couldn't root for Timmy Tebow.

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Watching the AFC championship game this coming Sunday will be liking watching Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein fighting in your back yard. Somehow you hope they find a way to inflict great physical damage on one another to the point that whoever's standing at the end will have nothing left for the next fight.
    Amusing!

True, however. It would be great to see either AFC team have absolutely nothing left. I'm hoping for a Giants SB win!

Rock Groupie Array title="GutterflowerSteel is a glorious beacon of light"> GutterflowerSteel's Avatar

Giants/Pats rematch w/the G-Men winning it all. They're the only team I can root for now, plus I was born in Brooklyn lol EFF all the Harblows!!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Giants.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Edmonton Oilers

AML

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

for me

1.Giants

2.49ers

3.Pats

4.Ravens

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

this sucks

that is all

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

I don't want to choose Baltimore...

But I look at it this way - The Ravens swept us this year. They trounced us in week 1 and came from behind to win in our house.

If Baltimore gets just embarrassed by Baltimore or against the Giants or Niners, how does that make us look? All I could think would be "We got embarrassed by THEM?!" It'd just piss me off and feel even more that this season was a total waste.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Steeler Nation, it looks like we're behind the Giants!

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    49ers. Best all around team remaining.
    Huh? They're offense is a little lacking.

Giants and Ravens are more well rounded than either the 49ers or the Pats IMO.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert_Loonie View Post
    I don't want to choose Baltimore...

But I look at it this way - The Ravens swept us this year. They trounced us in week 1 and came from behind to win in our house.

If Baltimore gets just embarrassed by Baltimore or against the Giants or Niners, how does that make us look? All I could think would be "We got embarrassed by THEM?!" It'd just piss me off and feel even more that this season was a total waste.
    That's meaningless. Not who ya play, but when ya play 'em. You hear that all the time. If that ever made a difference it would only be in the playoffs where you could say you lost to the eventual champion.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

I'd enjoy seeing the 49ers and Patriots both Lose Home Conference Championship Games...and love seeing the Ravens all pumped up pouring gatorade on themselves for the AFC Title win only to get destroyed by the New York Football Giants.

That would be hilarious to watch. Not sure it'll happen that way, but still, I think as bad as Patriots fans want to "re-match" the Giants to avenge their SB Loss, I think Giants Fans want a shot at the Ravens to avenge that 2000 loss that put Ray Lewis into the HOF Even though he's just a loud mouthed bitch that misses as many tackles as he makes a game.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Go Giants, Go Ravens...Go Giants!
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    Go Giants, Go Ravens...Go Giants!
    Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!!