Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers

http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethli...ts?season=2011

Something of concern from this season. Ben was atrocious in crunch time. His passer rating in the last two minutes of a half were 61.6 which was a career low. and his 4th quarter passer rating was 79.1. By way of reference his 4th quarter rtg was over 100 for 3 or the past 4 seasons.

Maybe it was just one of those years? Maybe it was mostly due to the injury. Or maybe the offensive line? Whatever, I think it bears looking at this offseason.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Like the bubble screen? Which Chidi claims averaged 6 yards per play (and I have no reason to doubt his research)?

Which everyone hates?
    i'm not against any play that gts 6 yards but by the playoffs the Broncos obviously knew every time we ran a bubble screen, time to switch it up and we didn't that is the lack of adjustments or creativity I dislike
    Merry Christmas

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    i'm not against any play that gts 6 yards but by the playoffs the Broncos obviously knew every time we ran a bubble screen, time to switch it up and we didn't that is the lack of adjustments or creativity I dislike
    Wow.

Again, I defer to Chidi, who had a very nice breakdown on all the adjustments the Steelers made to that play. There were at least two cases where the offense ran variations on it designed to fool Denver.

Guess what? We failed to execute properly on both.

So we set these variations up, then cleverly, unpredictably alter the play to fool the D, and by all accounts, the variations would have worked. But we screwed it up.

And people want to blame the ONLY person who did his job, Arians.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

What's it matter now? BA is retiring for sure.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Like the bubble screen? Which Chidi claims averaged 6 yards per play (and I have no reason to doubt his research)?

Which everyone hates?
    Just for the record, the research was done by steelersdepot with a complete breakdown of each play.

I hope the new OC keeps the screens.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Just for the record, the research was done by steelersdepot with a complete breakdown of each play.

I hope the new OC keeps the screens.
    Me too. Mike Wallace in space is CRAZY scary....
    Fire Goodell

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Me too. Mike Wallace in space is CRAZY scary....
    So is Brown and Sanders. And having a great blocker in Heath is a great combination.

Again though, fans choose to cherry-pick one or two plays....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Problem is...not much "space" with those bubble screens...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Problem is...not much "space" with those bubble screens...lol.
    The speed these receivers have and the blocking Heath provides means there only needs to be a crack in the defense for a sizeable gain. And then you start working one-on-one with a corner or safety and always have the chance for a huge gain.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Maybe the cheap Rooneys would not pay the price demanded from one of the great offensive coordinators in the NFL? I think the talk of retirement is just a bargaining ploy by Arians agent to drive his contract value up. He isnt going anywhere because he is Ben's golf buddy.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Wow.

Again, I defer to Chidi, who had a very nice breakdown on all the adjustments the Steelers made to that play. There were at least two cases where the offense ran variations on it designed to fool Denver.

Guess what? We failed to execute properly on both.

So we set these variations up, then cleverly, unpredictably alter the play to fool the D, and by all accounts, the variations would have worked. But we screwed it up.

And people want to blame the ONLY person who did his job, Arians.
    Poor coaching has nothing to do with poor execution?
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Maybe the cheap Rooneys would not pay the price demanded from one of the great offensive coordinators in the NFL? I think the talk of retirement is just a bargaining ploy by Arians agent to drive his contract value up. He isnt going anywhere because he is Ben's golf buddy.
    Interesting idea. Not sure I agree with it but I like the boldness.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Poor coaching has nothing to do with poor execution?
    according to suitanim they have nothing to do with each other. if a play succeeds it's because of arians. if a play fails it's because the players didn't execute what he called.
    Hater = Realist

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

i feel brown and sanders would be better at bubble screens than wallace. the reason is say this is because wallace is a long-strider. he isn't as quick to turn as brown and sanders.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    i feel brown and sanders would be better at bubble screens than wallace. the reason is say this is because wallace is a long-strider. he isn't as quick to turn as brown and sanders.
    Agree though Wallace is effective with it. But Brown is ideal because he is so quick to the tuck.