Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers

The Steelers could experience significant roster turnover this offseason.

There will be very little, if any, when it comes to Mike Tomlin's coaching staff.

Both offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will return in 2012.

The two were at Steelers' headquarters yesterday as various players went through exit meetings and interviews with their position coach, as well as Tomlin.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis said LeBeau had a simple message to the players that will take time off before returning to Pittsburgh to start training for the 2012 season.

"He just told us to come back ready to win a Super Bowl," Lewis said.

The Steelers finished first in the NFL this season in scoring defense (14.2 points allowed per game) and total defense (271.8 yards ppg). They were 12th in total offense (372.3 yards per game) and tied for 21st in scoring (20.3 yards per game).

Read more: Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1j9J7sbVG
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Re: Assistants Arians, LeBeau will return next season for Steelers

That is all!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Let the gnashing of teeth begin anew...

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Glad to hear it!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

With a full offseason of OTA's I sure hope they address the pathetic time wasting two minute offense that's been on display for the past couple seasons.

They should force Ben and Arains to watch Rodgers move the Packers seemlessly down the field in about 25 seconds in the Meadowlands over and over again, or at least until they see that it's possible to go less than 25 seconds between snaps running your no huddle offense.

Hell we look disjointed running our two minute offense at home. This along with our poor red zone performance is what's holding us back from being elite on that side of the ball.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'm not gonna bash but I will say I am tired of our offense. Hopefully somethings will change but that was the promise last offseason, so maybe with a full offseason to work instead of lockout we'll see some improvement
    Merry Christmas

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

unless arians is offered a HC job, but i doubt that happens.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I would love to see BA get a HC job somewhere as well but at 20.3 ppg (especially with all of our weapons) I would have to agree.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Good. More of the same next season.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Well, I guess I need to start growing out my fingernails now for next season because our offense seemed to have me gnawing on them all this season.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Scanner-type head explosions in 3...2...1...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Scanner-type head explosions in 3...2...1...
    i LOL'd so loud i got the attention of the office :P

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Let the gnashing of teeth begin anew...
    Gnash Gnash Arians NBBFer Gnash Gnash Full Back Gnash Gnash Quicker Passes and Shorter Routes Gnash Gnash Gnash Stupid Bubble Screen Gnash Gnash Gnash Gnash.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I'm still saying the Raiders have a shot. With Carson Palmer and weapons like McFadden, Michael Bush, Heyward-Bey, Jacoby Ford, etc. I am sure he can field an explosive offense like he did in Pittsburgh.

Oh.....the Raiders actually ranked higher than the Steelers in Total Yardage, Points, TD's. My bad.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

We're doomed...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Mike Mularkey was hired as Tampa's HC, and his offensive stats were all worse than ours. I LOL'd when I saw that...
    Fire Goodell

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Mike Mularkey was hired as Tampa's HC, and his offensive stats were all worse than ours. I LOL'd when I saw that...
    Jacksonville hired Mularkey. Even worse.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

I read the forum thread the entire season and never posted one time because I did not and still do not want to get into a discusssion about Bruce Arians 20.3 ppg ---, absolutely pitiful , Please do not tell me that The Steeler's F O and Tomlin are searching for excellence. Careers and talent being wasted by this thick skulled idiot. In over 55 years of watching Steeler football I have never seen such tolerance , at best, political stupdity at worse.

I love Ben as a tremdendous athletic Q B but I think he likes it his way and Arians is his boy. Bruce Arians is my personal Steeler nightmare and I believe the most disliked Steeler coach ever simply because he remains on staff forever. I am not giving any specfics as to why I don"t approve of this idiot . If you don"t know why you will never will. Steeler fan forever .

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

No big problems with Arians, but I'd like to see him clamping down on Ben's "John Wayne shit" and committing to the running game. When you've got a guy running for 7+ a pop and he doesn't get more than 20 carries something is wrong.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Jacksonville hired Mularkey. Even worse.
    Did I say Tampa? Got my Florida teams mixed up...

Anyway, their stats weren't all that much better than ours, and their record was worse, and he has already failed as a HC once, but they couldn't wait to snatch him up...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

How much longer do Steeler fans have to put up with incompetent play calling and the lack of a semi-coherent gameplan

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    How much longer do Steeler fans have to put up with incompetent play calling and the lack of a semi-coherent gameplan
    Yo should all start a petition and send it to "The Cheap Rooney's". I'm sure that will get their attention and show them the error of their 6-time-Super-Bowl winning ways.
    Fire Goodell

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Rabble Rabble Rabble Gnash Gnash Gnash Redzone Ineptness Rabble Rabble Gnash Gnash 3rd and Short Shotgun formation Gnash Gnash Gnash 44 passes with a guimpy QB Gnash Rabble Rablle Rablle Bubble Bubble Screen Backwards Pass Gnash Gnash Rabble Rabble
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Listen, I'm not Arians' biggest fan, I just don't have stone-cold, blind, frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for the man like most Steelers fans do. But the bottom line is 20.3 PPG from an offense with that much talent is unacceptable. I'm not asking for the Saints or Packers offense, but there is no reason why this team can't average an extra TD per game. 27 PPG would have put them in the top 10. That's good enough for me. And for that to happen, the red zone offense MUST improve, period.

And that can happen.

FA OLineman.

Olineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Olineman in the morning, noon and night. Olineman with ham, olineman with spam, olineman, sam-I-am. OL OL OL!!!!
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They should both be fired, along with Tomlin!! We should demand the Rooneys sell the team to someone who knows how to run a winning franchise! We suck!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I am glad LeBeau is staying.....while I am not an Arians hater, I was kind of hoping he would retire.

I think part of the reason Ben lobbies for Arians to stay so much every offseason, and the reason Ben likes him so much, is because Arians actually wants Ben's input. The offseason in which Arians took over, him and Ben sat down and went through the Steelers playbook and got rid of plays that Ben didn't like and/or didn't work (I think they need to do that again).

You guys have to remember, Ben has only had two offensive coordinators in his career.

Whiz never wanted Ben's input or even cared. Ben had maybe two play calls, the original call and then an audible to a run or pass depending on what the defense shows. He didn't have freedom in Whiz's offense, and I don't remember seeing a no huddle (though I could be wrong).

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

This season's problems stemmed more from personnel than coordinators. To fully deny that would be stupid.