Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who was repeatedly burned by Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas in Sunday night’s loss, has offered an apology.

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the game that he was sorry for the way he had played.

“First off congrats too tebow and the broncos,” Taylor wrote. “Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y’all to def.”.............

Read more :
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Ike Taylor: I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time

Don't worry Ike. We love you to def, too!!

Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who was repeatedly burned by Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas in Sunday night’s loss, has offered an apology.

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the game that he was sorry for the way he had played.

“First off congrats too tebow and the broncos,” Taylor wrote. “Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y’all to def.”.............

Read more :
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/
    it's one thing to get burned, but getting burned because you are lazy in coverage is another. next time earn your pay raise.
    Hater = Realist

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    it's one thing to get burned, but getting burned because you are lazy in coverage is another. next time earn your pay raise.
    Amen! Especially DURING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

DITTO----

( Luv y'all to def ) ? Another grad of spelling for dummies course. LOL And the money they make LMAO !!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

lazy? Really, of all people? Ike is notoriously recognized as one of the hardest workers on the team by the coaching, you know, the guy who SEE HIM EVERYDAY. Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability (just like most of the rest of the team) and some nice double moves by DT. But yeah he stunk up the joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    lazy? Really, of all people? Ike is notoriously recognized as one of the hardest workers on the team by the coaching, you know, the guy who SEE HIM EVERYDAY. Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability (just like most of the rest of the team) and some nice double moves by DT. But yeah he stunk up the joint.
    x2.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Re: Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

Ok Ike, but DON'T do it again PLEASE !!!!

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

From LeBeau down to Gay, everybody on the defense sucked last night. The Bronco's only scored what, only 1 td the last 3 games ? Then put up over 300 yds on the # 1 pass D.... ... an atomic meltdown on the Steelers part.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

swag on this Ike!

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    swag on this Ike!
    You know you still love him to def.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    You know you still love him to def.
    NO WAY IN HELL WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    From LeBeau down to Gay, everybody on the defense sucked last night. The Bronco's only scored what, only 1 td the last 3 games ? Then put up over 300 yds on the # 1 pass D.... ... an atomic meltdown on the Steelers part.
    1 TD on the last 22 drives before that game!
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

All you hating on Ike must NEVER had a bad day at the office. Shit happens he got burned and he owned up too it how many of you who screw the pooch at the office man up too it??

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

i know he is a had working player, but he looked lazy in coverage. i am referring to this game : ) i believe they said tomlin warned the DBs about getting lazy because passes may not be thrown their way that often.

Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability
    to me that's being lazy. never assume the QB can't complete a pass.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    All you hating on Ike must NEVER had a bad day at the office. Shit happens he got burned and he owned up too it how many of you who screw the pooch at the office man up too it??
    who said anything about hate?
    Hater = Realist

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

At least he's admitted that he made mistakes and isn't throwing others under the bus. It will just have to be a learning experience Ike.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Best post of the thread.

And Ike - this diehard Steelers fan still loves you to def too.

P.S. And Scott - I wuv you to def.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

There was a whole lot more wrong on our defense than just Ike's coverage.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

No hate from me. Ike is a Pro Bowl caliber CB and an integral part of the defense. If he says he had a bad day, it should be left at that. He owned up to it and it's over. I can't wait till next year.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Think Ike might come back next season with new found motivation- super bowl in New Orleans

for that matter, Clark too
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." Ben Roethlisberger

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Shiiit happens. Good season, not a SB Win but also, not a AFC Title Game or SB Loss...so I can deal.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

I acutally thought that I heard somewhere that they found Ike Taylor tied up in a closet somewhere after the game with a note pinned to his chest "Thanks for lending me your uniform for the night. It was one hell of a last hurrah. -C.Scott"

might just be a rumor though.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

There is one thing wrong with Ike's phrase, "I apologize for playing the worst game at the WRONG time..." When is it a right time to play like that?

No excuse for being lazy in that game (especially with the nice pay raise ya got)!

Duh!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I'm over it and, all of us have had bad days. Atleast he owned up to it because, as we all know not alot of players would have.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    I acutally thought that I heard somewhere that they found Ike Taylor tied up in a closet somewhere after the game with a note pinned to his chest "Thanks for lending me your uniform for the night. It was one hell of a last hurrah. -C.Scott"

might just be a rumor though.
    or it was signed by Dewayne Washington who was easily as bad as Chad.

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

well, if harrison does not get sucked into the middle by the running back fake about 9 times, thereby letting tebow escape to his left and throw downfield, then ike maybe does not look quite at bad today!!!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I actually wondered if he had diarrhea or had perhaps shit himself and it was causing him to lose focus.

How could you choose a playoff game not to show up and play?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    There is one thing wrong with Ike's phrase, "I apologize for playing the worst game at the WRONG time..." When is it a right time to play like that?

No excuse for being lazy in that game (especially with the nice pay raise ya got)!

Duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I actually wondered if he had diarrhea or had perhaps shit himself and it was causing him to lose focus.

How could you choose a playoff game not to show up and play?
    you guys are looking waaay too hard into this

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

you guys are looking waaay too hard into this
    Looking waaay too hard?

These are just simple thoughts.....I will type slower next time...promise.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant