Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

Got to give some credit to Thomas. If Wallace had laid a beating on Revis, we would all be shouting from the rooftops about how great Wallace is.

I fault Lebeau for not adjusting the defense to give Ike more help. Or I fault the player assigned to give Ike help and did not execute.
    1 or 2 deep passes, yeah, shit happens. 5 deep completions? Wake up guys!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Ike Taylor: I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time

I applaud Ike for being a stand up guy after a bad game.

But he's only partially to blame. Clearly that match up wasn't favorable to him. The coach has to help him out with safety help. But in defense of LeBeau. Losing Hampton and Keisel early didn't help. And as a result of losing Keisel I think Harrison overplayed his position and got suckered a few times by Tebow. And as a result of Harrison's misplays I think LeBeau felt compelled to commit Mundy to the line of scrimmage.

Now of course had we had Ryan Clark his instinct might have taken over on a few of those long balls. Maybe he would have seen it a players stance, Tebow's eyes , some sort of "tell"( as poker players put it) from a receiver or lineman, that would have put him on the play. And then Ike would have had the help he needed.

I guess what it comes down to, is that in my opinion, give us Troy and Ike together and healthy, and no way in hell does Tebow complete all those long passes. Even if Ike is playing on a Pirate's peg leg! We gave up more long passes in one game than we did for all of the season combined! If you want to take that as excuse making i don't give a shit. In my opinion the loss of Ryan Clark for this game was the single biggest reason we lost. Nothing against Mundy, but Clark is just that important to our scheme.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."