Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Reporting that Bosh and Wade will be in Miami

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Re: ESPN Reporting that Bosh and Wade will be in Miami

Actually steeldevil anywhere i look still has Kirk with the Bulls?

http://www.nba.com/wizards/roster/ not on roster

http://www.nba.com/bulls/roster/ on roster
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    I have a feeling that his pick will be leaked out before the 9:00pm ESPN show tomorrow night . Just a feeling .
    Lord I hope not.... Talk about anticlimatic... That would be awful.

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    You know what I thought he got traded and couldnt remember...then i went to ESPN and check the bulls roster http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=chi and hes on it lol so thats what i went with

but thanks for confirming that for me

Disregard my comments GetNoLuv lol, but i still think they will find a shooter and be a very good team with LeBron.
    No worries. I think that Chicago's best bet is to make a push for Mike Miller or Ray Allen and see if they can also land a David Lee in the process. This gives them a lineup of

Noah - Lee - Deng - Miller/Allen - Rose

The players all complement each other and the Bulls save on a lot of money (something they aren't known for spending a lot of.)

With Lebron in the mix, what happens with Deng (his contract is ugly making it tough to trade) and who becomes the SG/PF? The Bulls aren't likely to pay for both Lee and Lebron...and if they do, getting a good shooter will be very tough in that scenario.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Probably has something to do with the NBA having to confirm all trades. Or maybe (not sure on this) do trades not become official until July 8?

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Maybe that trade didnt go through. I remember them showing it on draftnight and saying that it was to make cap room for chicago. Idk I dont really follow the economic side of sports that much. Until this summer for NBA free agancy of course.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post
    Probably has something to do with the NBA having to confirm all trades. Or maybe (not sure on this) do trades not become official until July 8?
    I honestly do not know, oh well...like i said i thought he was traded anyway I think i remember hearing something about it. You could be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Maybe that trade didnt go through. I remember them showing it on draftnight and saying that it was to make cap room for chicago. Idk I dont really follow the economic side of sports that much. Until this summer for NBA free agancy of course.
    I know its complicated as hell so i dont know much about it either. Im not saying you are wrong because I do remember now hearing something about it...as another person in the thread said it just might not be official yet.

yea thats prob what it is.
    No matter who LeBron chooses, there are still lots of good pieces out there for teams to pick up.

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

I know its complicated as hell so i dont know much about it either. Im not saying you are wrong because I do remember now hearing something about it...as another person in the thread said it just might not be official yet.
    Even if the trade was official now, most of those teams pages won't be updated (barring a big name being traded) until closer to the end of July.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

And LBJ will be joining them....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Espn reported this morning ( if it means anything ) that James had dinner last night with Amar'e Stoudemire and Allan Houston at a NYC restaurant .

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Espn reported this morning ( if it means anything ) that James had dinner last night with Amar'e Stoudemire and Allan Houston at a NYC restaurant .

my money's still on the Heat . Wouldn't mind if he chose the knicks at all though....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

It's where I would go if i were him. Riley coaching, two of the 5 best players in the league, warm winters, low taxes...he'll win multiple titles, maybe be part of a true dynasty like we haven't seen in the NBA in awhile.

He'll diminish himself and the titles because it will be too easy, but maybe he's bought into the junk thought that he somehow choked, or that he's less of a player without a championship? Who knows?

Regardless, I'll understand if he leaves, but most people around here won't.
    Fire Goodell

If I were him I would go to Chicago. He would be the #1 guy undisputed on a great team with young players that could compete for titles for years to come. He would also be in the 3rd biggest market in the country. I think there is little to no chance he stays in Cleveland, which sucks because a lot of people are going to get their hearts ripped out on natioanl television...

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

He won't be winning the title anytime soon if he goes to the Knicks. Other then Amare, what else do they really have?
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.
    I don't buy this. Do you really think LBJ calls up a hotel and says I'd like to rent some cabanas? Come on guys. He has someone rent them for him, that's why this guy has PR people, managers and an agent.

Im just posting what the article said

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

I personally will not buy it until I hear it directly from him. If I were him, I'd stay in Cleveland and try to help build a championship team there(Especially when they NEVER have won one). That would be something that a guy like him should love to have.

the problem is hes been in cleveland for 7 yrs and only one nba finals appearance. And with bosch and wade signing with miami, who could cleveland possibly bring in to show lebron they have a shot at a title. Lebron wants rings so he can be a global icon and miami gives hi the best chance to do that. Cleveland had thier shot a 7 yr window to put a championship team together and didnt do it. I think if he stays in cleveland hes a fool.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I'll re-post this here, seeing as how simple people simply can't help but keep posting garbage behind solid opinion:

Well, where there's smoke...
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/02/c...k-of-the-town/

There is also a rumor that Paul left Octagon and signed on with James' agency, which would also an interesting corollary to all this. And there is no doubt that Paul/James >>> Wade/Bosh.

The fact is, LBJ will need help to win his title. I still like Jamison as a Cav, and Shaq was open to staying (for less money). If James stays, I'd like to see Hickson on board as well. Anthony Parker and Andy are hustlers, and I'd like to see what Telfair can bring to the table when healthy. Other that that, I'm not attached to any particular players currently on the roster. If James stays it will be interesting to see what moves they make this year to solidify the team. If he leaves, it pretty much leaves all 3 major sports teams in Cleveland looking forward to (in the Browns and Indians cases, at best) .500 seasons next year.

It seems there is confirmation that he's rented a bunch of Cabana's in Miami for a big blowout this weekend on South Beach, so maybe he is headed to Miami.

Honestly, I would. The taxes in Ohio are too high, and the weather sucks 4-5 months out of the year.

As far as the Heat as a good fit, well, Jesus, it's a no-brainer. Wade and Bosh alone make the Heat instant contenders, and the X-factor of having the leagues best player along for the ride seals the deal. Wade can pretty much do it all, including dish the ball, and Bosh is a scoring and rebounding machine. I don't buy the argument that there are too many egos, as these guys are friends and this was a plan they had in mind all along. Also, the whole "There's only on ball" thing is off as well. The 3 guys are different enough that there's a roll for all 3. They could literally create a dynasty for the next 6-7 years. Toss in the Riley factor, and I ask, who will beat them? And how?
    Fire Goodell

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

10. Let's say LeBron signs with Miami. Can you even make the Finals with LeBron, Bosh, Wade and nine minimum-salary guys? Because that might be next year's team … and if that's what happens, the answer is "no effing way." You don't win titles just because of your top three. That belittles the meaning of guys like Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Brian Shaw … you could go on for hours naming role players who swung a title. The 2008 Celts lucked out by getting James Posey, Eddie House and P.J. Brown for practically nothing; Miami wouldn't have that luxury this summer, not with so many role players jockeying for contracts one year before the possible lockout. Nobody is taking less money to showcase themselves for a summer that might not happen. Even if Miami could spin Michael Beasley for a fourth guy (say, Trevor Ariza), that's still not enough. They'd need one more rebounder, point guard, a 3-point shooter and a center. Good luck.

11. Another problem: You realize how many minutes these guys would log on a three-man team? About 42-44 minutes for 100 games … and if anyone missed an extended stretch of games, then that would put even more pressure on the other two. Crazy. No way they win more than 50, especially with teams gunning for them every night. We've also never seen two perimeter superstar alpha dogs coexist for an NBA title -- not even when Jerry West and Elgin Baylor teamed up with Wilt Chamberlain against the aging Celtics in 1969. LeBron would have to accept becoming Mega-Pippen to Wade's Jordan. (Yeah, right.) Even during the final quarter of the 2008 gold-medal game, when everyone on the American team was staring at each other wondering who was going to step up against a red-hot Spain team, there were a few minutes of tentative, "I don't want to step on anyone's toes here" basketball before Kobe said, "Screw it, get out of my way" and took over the key portion of the game.

Well, at some point, Wade and LeBron will have one of those 2008 Spain moments … but what happens if both guys say, "Screw it, get out of my way"? You need to have a special type of mentality to want that moment; that's why Scottie Pippen melted down in that 1994 Bulls-Knicks playoff game, because Phil Jackson had spent that entire year building him up and making him think, "We can win without Jordan, you're just as good, we can DO THIS," then designed the biggest play of the season for someone else. It was a slap in the face. Pippen reacted terribly, but still, don't you want him to be pissed there? Isn't that what being an alpha dog is all about? Don't you need a special level of swagger and confidence to carry that load every night? And once you reach that level, doesn't it become impossible to share the spotlight with someone else? Of course …

13. I think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

15. What should LeBron do? Pick Chicago. That's where the rings are. The fact that he didn't say to Bosh, "Come to Chicago with me, we'll play with Rose and Noah and win six titles together" was the single most disappointing outcome of the summer. That team would have been a true juggernaut with pieces that actually complemented each other, unlike this pickup-basketball situation that's brewing in Miami. Even with Boozer there in Bosh's place -- and I think he's a great fit for them, with or without LeBron -- it could still translate to multiple titles, because Rose could have been the best second banana since Kobe in 2001.

Just know that Kobe would have caught a whiff of those rings and gone to Chicago. Same with Jordan. Same with Magic and Bird. Chicago had the biggest competitive advantage of anyone: room for two max guys along with an under-23 franchise point guard and one of the only elite defending/rebounding big men in basketball. How can you care about winning and NOT go to Chicago?

He should go to Chicago, but he prob wont.

Lebron to miami = championship

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Lebron to miami = championship
    Not as long as Phil Jackson holds title of Lakers Head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Not as long as Phil Jackson holds title of Lakers Head coach.
    Im calling a championship if he goes to Miami , mark it down, take a picture.

3-5 in the next 5-6 years at Miami.

Maybe 3 in the next 7 if he stays in Cleveland. But I think he's going to Miami.
    Fire Goodell

LeBron is now officially a member of the Heat

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    LeBron is now officially a member of the Heat
    Not officially. Still has to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post