Thread: The Cowboys Just Cut....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The Cowboys Just Cut....

Jerry Jones....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: The Cowboys Just Cut....

Still clueless after all these years... (apologies to Paul Simon):

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...iving-gm-title

Jerry Jones: GM would clutter process

Jerry Jones, the NFL's only owner/general manager, won't even consider changing the structure of the Dallas Cowboys' front office, despite the fact that disappointing seasons have been the norm since the franchise's mid-1990s dynasty died...

....The Cowboys have had six coaches, one general manager and one playoff win in the last 15 seasons.

The Cowboys just completed an 8-8 season in which they beat only one team that finished .500 or better. But Jones believes his team was talented enough to make a playoff run, and he's pleased with the coaching.

"More often than not, when you're in the kind of shape we are statistically, you're doing better in the playoffs,"
    Jones said.
    The bolded part pretty much says it all. It's not a freaking Fantasy Football team, Jerrah!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Fuck the Cowboys. America's team my ass!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

....The Cowboys have had six coaches, one general manager and one playoff win in the last 15 seasons.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

The cryboys will be nothing until jerrah dies or sell them. my wife ( you all should pity me) is a huge cowboys fan, but refuses to acknowledge Jerrah as a owner kinda of funny, but i keep telling her that the black N gold always will have a home for her since all 4 of her children swing terrible towels on sunday.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Jerry is the new (actually, the same as)) Al Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Nope. At the end of the day, Al was a great football mind, at least at one time. Jones never was. The only thing Jones ever did right was hire Jimmy Johnson and stay the hell out of his way for a few years at the beginning of his tenure as the Cowboys owner.

Despite all his craziness later on, I have respect for Al Davis. I have none for Jerry Jones.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Al Davis was a football man. He just got old and senile.

Jerry Jones was never a football man. He's a suit.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Al Davis was a football man. He just got old and senile.

Jerry Jones was never a football man. He's a suit.
    ^THIS^

Jerry Jones THINKS that he is a football man, just like Danny Boy in Washington, DC thinks/thought he was a football man.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    ^THIS^

Jerry Jones THINKS that he is a football man, just like Danny Boy in Washington, DC thinks/thought he was a football man.
    Guess that's what they get for thinking

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Remember that ESPN show called something like "Who was to blame?" or something like it? There was a great episode on the Cowboys circa the late 90s when they collapsed. Jerry Jones is a friggin' moron. He wanted to sit in on draft day and begged Jimmy Johnson to give him some crap to do so it looked like he was participating on TV. Emmit Smith just called him out on the NFL Network last week saying that Jerry running his mouth was putting his coaches and players in a position to have to deal with questions they shouldn't have to.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

As a Steeler fan I hated The Crypt Keeper Al Davis but there was a lot of respect. Jerry the Skeletor can't even shine Al's sunglasses, let alone come close in football knowledge. Jones is a businessman not a football mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Emmit Smith just called him out on the NFL Network last week saying that Jerry running his mouth was putting his coaches and players in a position to have to deal with questions they shouldn't have to.
    In "Emmittspeak," the Cowboys, quite simply, have "blowed up."

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Nope. At the end of the day, Al was a great football mind, at least at one time. Jones never was. The only thing Jones ever did right was hire Jimmy Johnson and stay the hell out of his way for a few years at the beginning of his tenure as the Cowboys owner.

Despite all his craziness later on, I have respect for Al Davis. I have none for Jerry Jones.
    That pretty much sums it up for me.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Not even close Silver, Back in the day Davis was a footbal guy, Jerrah has never been and never will be IMO

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Jerry Jones ruined the entire Cowboys franchise.

Jimmy jones had done a great job in the mid 90's.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

I guess I need to clarify my statement about Al and Jerry being the same.

I know Al was a great football guy/mind; I've been following the Raiders for 43 years.

I should have said that Jerry sees himself in the same light as Al Davis. He isn't... by a long shot.

He meddles and stays in the forefront, like Al did. Al was able to do that for quite a while, but age and a changing NFL landscape got the better of him. As a result, the Raiders declined drastically. I see the same thing creeping in on the Cowboys... and Jerry isn't even half as capable as Al was.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Tony Romo for MVP!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Tony Romo for MVP!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I just found this online and I've been laughing so hard, that I have been coughing non stop.

http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php