Thread: 40,000 new laws go into effect in the US, today.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

40,000 new laws go into effect in the US, today.

It's a mad, mad nation.

LINK: http://yourjewishnews.com/14852.aspx

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: 40,000 new laws go into effect in the US, today.

My God, that's a lot.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Do we REALLY need that many laws for what I read were common sense issues? Friggin unbelievable. We're becoming more of a "nanny-state" by the hour.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Too many lawyers in politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Buh...buh...but without regulations, it'll be anarchy!
    robber barons, oppressive monopolies, filth in food, punishing working conditions for the rank and file, racial oppression, rampant starvation among the elderly, and 25% unemployment rates.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

The problem with creating laws is they are never "unwound", meaning they just end up creating even more laws to keep refining and defining the existing ones. Same with regulations. Rather that just rolling back the stupid ones, they create loopholes to allow their own constituents (i.e. the entities with powerful lobbies and giant campaign contributions) a way to escape the strangulation of the existing regulations, then others who aren't intended to "escape" find ways to exploit those loopholes, so the politicians create further regulations, and so on and so forth.

Rule books never get shorter....
    Fire Goodell