Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Tomlin Failing Us ?

Senior Member Array title="shutdown will become famous soon enough"> shutdown's Avatar

Re: Is Tomlin Failing Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Steelers are first in wins in the playoffs since 2008 in the NFL.

But they are not able to win the big games!
    This stat says it all.

Be ignorant and cherry pick all you want, but the Steelers have been one of the best "big game" teams in the last handful of years.

If someone told me back in August the Steelers would finish 12-4, I would have been thrilled as I am now.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I wonder where these "fans" were after Week 1 this year...Or in 2008 when the Steelers went down to Tennesee in December and were embarrassed, or the debacle in Philly.

Goddamnit. The Steelers had a bad game. It happens. This was their first loss in weeks and it's the end of the world again. Fire everybody. The Steelers are not allowed to lose. We sound like fans of a 4-10 team than a 10-4 team.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I wonder where these "fans" were after Week 1 this year...Or in 2008 when the Steelers went down to Tennesee in December and were embarrassed, or the debacle in Philly.

Goddamnit. The Steelers had a bad game. It happens. This was their first loss in weeks and it's the end of the world again. Fire everybody. The Steelers are not allowed to lose. We sound like fans of a 4-10 team than a 10-4 team.

I remember so much of the disaster game against the Eagles in 2008.

The Steelers had allowed six sacks in the 2nd quarter!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Man after that Eagles game, I figured we were done. That was bad. This lose doesn't even frustrate me, just bound to happen.
    Merry Christmas

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

It's interesting because I don't think we're all on the same page here: I predicted we'd be 12-4 at the beginning of the season, and I leaned towards us being 13-3 if I was wrong. I'm 98% sure we will end up 12-4.

But we have struggled on the road against teams with good defenses. We flat-out got beat by the 49ers and Ratbirds on the road. We looked like crap (and the game wasn't as close as the score) against the Texans. We struggled with KC, and even stumbled a little versus the Cards (whose defense is improving). I'm not saying we're absolutely toast if we're a 5 seed. Look at GB...the Pack struggled to score against the Chiefs, too. I'm just saying that this isn't 2005. We lack the power running game and elite defense usually needed to win on the road. It will be a WAY tougher slag for us than in '05 if we aren't the #2 seed.
    Fire Goodell

I Am Become Death Array title="Animal Mother is an unknown quantity at this point"> Animal Mother's Avatar

To everyone saying Tomlin should sit everyone these next two weeks: What happens if the Ravens lose to the Bengals in Week 17? The division has not yet been won!
    You're a real comedian...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
    To everyone saying Tomlin should sit everyone these next two weeks: What happens if the Ravens lose to the Bengals in Week 17? The division has not yet been won!
    Injuries are piling up. The rest may prove more beneficial than a home game.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Just sayin.... Sooo much talent on this team... but we can't win the BIG games anymore ??? Just sayin based on observations. I see a "slow" decline... Am I the only one ?
    Yes, you are pretty much the only one. lol

We went to the super bowl last year.

We may likely end up 12-4 this year.

Our younger players are coming along extremely well.

Biggest problem again this year has been injuries and O line and I don't think you can blame that all on Tomlin...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Yes, you are pretty much the only one. lol

We went to the super bowl last year.

We may likely end up 12-4 this year.

Our younger players are coming along extremely well.

Biggest problem again this year has been injuries and O line and I don't think you can blame that all on Tomlin...
    Yea, but we'd be 16-0 if we could win the big games!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Yea, but we'd be 19-0 every year forever and ever if we could win the big games!!
    Fixed.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Yea, but we'd be 16-0 if we could win the big games!!
    LOL.

Most teams (like Cleveland and Cincy) would give their left nuts to have our "problems."
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    LOL.

Most teams (like Cleveland and Cincy) would give their left nuts to have our "problems."
    Your so right buddy. In fact, count the SB games, and SB wins, and play off game since Tomlin has been here and most of the other 31 teams would loved to be failed like this.

AML

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Your so right buddy. In fact, count the SB games, and SB wins, and play off game since Tomlin has been here and most of the other 31 teams would loved to be failed like this.
    I agree tenfold with both of you.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked and flushed yet.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Wow. I forgot all about this tread ! I leave a few days and come back and this thread is still up and on the front page... lol. A pissed off fan's, drunk on "Joost Beer", point of view should tell us something... lol. We know we all love Tomlin and he's our man. Feel free to cancel Christmas on this thread Mods.... lol.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers have been horrible against the 49ers, but they were 8-2 in the last 10 game and if it would not have been the heartbreaking loss against the Ravens, they would be 9-1 in 10 games.

I still think the Steelers problems can be fixed and the steelers can win on the road in playoffs(DEN,NE,BAL,etc)

Senior Member Array title="Pristas has a spectacular aura about"> Pristas's Avatar

This thread is pretty silly. Does anyone remember the 80's Steelers? Pre Cowher and pre Tomlin? There was at least a decade of what felt like a 500 team. Tomlin's weakness is his talking in cliche's which probably works for a while with a team, but over time you have to come up with new material to motivate. Seems like the team is still pretty well motivated. Then there are going to be days where the other team just punches you in the mouth because they want it more. Hence our four losses. The Harbaugh brothers love nothing more than beating us. Perhaps if we put as much time in the film room as they do, we might win those games. We are their Superbowl. There is also the apathetic approach that I saw from some players in interviews... the "we know them and they know us, no need to study more film" approach. It's no wonder we lost those games with sentiment like that. And a majority of that falls on Lebeau's shoulders... giving up 90+ yards to Flacco thereby giving away our number one seed. That wasn't on Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

I just remember in 08 too when we lost to the Colts Giants Titans and Eagles. Everyone said were done. It sucks not winning the "popularity' matchups, but most of the time we end up winning the big one lol.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

The Steelers always end up losing to the "good" teams in the regular season, then beat them in the playoffs... Coach T is a great coach in my book... This thread should be dead..

Now I really understand how X-T feels. This thread is a real wall banger I tell you.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

lol.. yea it is. It's like this after every loss though...
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

lol.. yea it is. It's like this after every loss though...
    Yep, but if we went 19-0 and won every game by 3 pts or less, people would still bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Yep, but if we went 19-0 and won every game by 3 pts or less, people would still bitch.
    I can hear it now. "We can't decisively win games! Yea, we're 19-0 but BARELY! Our offense is vanilla, and our defense is slow!"\

Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I can hear it now. "We can't decisively win games! Yea, we're 19-0 but BARELY! Our offense is vanilla, and our defense is slow!"\

You forgot about our "grab bag offense".

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    You forgot about our "grab bag offense".
    "Predictable grab-bag option".

Which makes about as much sense as saying "Pass happy, run -based offense"
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

THANK YOU!!

That being said, injuries decimate teams. The Steelers are doing the best with what they've been dished. Period.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'll tell you what..... I'll trade you Hue Jackson and Dmac for Tomlin, straight up. Deal?

HURRDURR Tomlin is failing us.