Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tomlin Failing Us ?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Is Tomiln Failing Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Ben had 2 crappy INTs that turned momentum when we were driving early. Even if you're injured, you have to play within your limits. Defense ceded the 49ers the short game all day and made yet another mediocre QB look like Joe Montana.
    fixe

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Definitely failing us. If we don't get clinch first seed, we should take a good hard look at our coach.

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Nope, I want Jack Del Rio!
    No,Norv Turner!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Seriously? This thread is retarded with a capital R.

Traveling across the country to play a good team with a hobbled team missing their best defender to a suspension. The odds were stacked against Tomlin tonight. Squandered a golden opportunity, but it's one game.
    Not a valid excuse, they were missing some players too. That said I disagree with the premise of the thread. but Tomlin is being an idiot by continuing to play Ben after the game's outcome was no longer in doubt. and he did the same thing in the season opener. He doesn't learn. Makes me wonder about him? Seriously if Ben suffered a season ending injury after the score became 20-3, I would want him fired!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No,Norv Turner!
    Cam Cameron

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Is Ben a rookie? Is he being punished? Why the hell does he keep sending him out there? This is beyond stupid! If Ben gets injured Tomlin should resign!

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

even if we went 0-16 i wouldn't fire tomlin if it were up to me. just arians

but um yeah, i think he let's ben have too much control or something. no reason we should have wasted the clock at the end of the 2nd like that. instead of standing there waiting for ben to do something, call a damn timeout . and some of these games ben should be out when theres a few minute left and getting sacked every other play. he's still my favorite coach and that won't change anytime soon.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I know what you guys are saying.... but I respectfully disagree. Steelers HAVE declined. Unless Tomlin makes some changes... I'm stickin to it !

The thread title should be changed to is Tomlin retarded?

Gee maybe he can take his time outs and get Ben the ball back and see if he can take a few more hits before the fucking night is over!

Good thing the Steelers are not 6-10 as in 2003.

Surely many wanted fired Cowher, but the Steelers kept him and they had an amazing 15-1 in 2004

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Good thing the Steelers are not 6-10 as in 2003.

Surely many wanted fired Cowher, but the Steelers kept him and they had an amazing 15-1 in 2004
    Dude, the Nation called for Cowher's head from 1998-2005 and didn't STFU until we won XL.

Senior Member Array title="Dodt is on a distinguished road"> Dodt's Avatar

call me on the fire tomlin thread when there is 3 in a row 1- 15 season. ben is hurt . yeah i am ticked at the loss but oh well . just play hard through the playoffs and if we don't make it to the superbowl draft a decent backup qb or someone to help the oline.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Lost to this weak AZZZZZZZZZZZ team ! Not only the Ravens, but the HARBS swept the Steelers ... lol. I don't see the magic this year guys...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Tomlin shouldn't be fired nor is he failing us. He's one of the best coaches in the NFL and has proven this time after time. Losing him would be detrimental to this team. Tonight's depressing game shouldn't make us feel he should be gone.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Tomlin, as a body of work hasn't failed us. Keeping Ben in a blowout is just a plain Stupid decision by Tomlin.

I'd sit Ben until the playoffs. Same thing with Woodley, Polamalu, Sanders, and Pouncey.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Oh god we can't win the sb EVERY year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can still win the sb too....

But still, FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Oh god we can't win the sb EVERY year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can still win the sb too....

But still, FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No one said "Fire"... but did say "failing"

Ok. Time to watch "Parallel Universes" and " Super String Physics".... something a lil more easier to grasp than Steeler football....lol.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Which kinda connotes that he should be replaced. No?

It's fine - we're all pissed, and I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    Tomlin, as a body of work hasn't failed us. Keeping Ben in a blowout is just a plain Stupid decision by Tomlin.

I'd sit Ben until the playoffs. Same thing with Woodley, Polamalu, Sanders, and Pouncey.
    agree

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

i think a lot of people like myself are just pissed about the game. after we wake up we may even be embarrassed by our posts.i usually am when we lose lol .

Tomlin on the hot seat?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

This sounds like the Raven forum after the rats loss yesterday........pretty sad.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    So then we should keep the failing coach?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Doooooooods!! Chill out.

Did the 49'ers beat a healthy fully loaded Steelers team in our house tonight?

Half a Ben, no Harrison, no Pouncy, half a Woodley for half a game, and absolutely no calls going our way all night long, on the West coast in a piece of shit stadium that couldn't even keep the lights on.

Take a pill.

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    i think a lot of people like myself are just pissed about the game. after we wake up we may even be embarrassed by our posts.i usually am when we lose lol .
    Yep. Folks need to vent. This was a really frustrating loss.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'm going to be optimistic and say that we still have two games to go and no matter what, we are still in the playoffs. Even though we are upset, we'll get over this. We could still win the division and if the Patriots lose another, we could still be the number one seed. Anything is possible. Goodnight everybody.

I'll just be honest:

This stupid ass thread is an example of why so many people hate Steelers fans. Other than the Steelers being good and people being jealous.

Seriously Colbert or Art III need to sit Tomlin down and explain to him when you pull your franchise quarterback! Hell Ben had no business playing at all tonight.

Anyone remember when was the last time Ben played like this was?

When Cowher played him in Oakland the week after he was knocked out cold in Atlanta! Another game he had no business playing in! Ben doesn't know when to pull himself! One of these days hopefully we'll have someone in the orginization who will be smart enough to make the decision for him!

Tomlin was a dumbass tonight! No excuse for that sort of idiocy!