Thread: Who to start?

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Who to start?

Steve Smith or Miles Austin

Im torn, any suggestions?

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: Who to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Steve Smith or Miles Austin

Im torn, any suggestions?
    Thats a tough one, Miles is coming off of a hamstring injury and may get eased back into the offense. Smith is facing a very stingy pass defense. I would go with Austin and hope the hamstring doesnt bother him.

Thanks for the help Hindes! Im still undecided...I guess I have to make a decision soon though, Dallas plays on Saturday. I also have LaGarrette Blount I could throw in as the flex and bench one of them, or I could start them both and bench Blount.

Well, Blount has been inconsistant this year but should do ok against Dallas. If it were me, Id go with Austin/Blount and bench Smith.

Thanks for all the help Hindes, thats probably what Ill go with.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

lmao! I would go with Austin and Smith. I don't think the Bucs will be in the game long enough for Blount to be much a of a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    lmao! I would go with Austin and Smith. I don't think the Bucs will be in the game long enough for Blount to be much a of a factor.
    Smith makes me nervous because of the matchup, he will be covered well all day. I still havent made a decision, Im in the money game if I make it past this week so this decision is killing me...

Oh, and I also have Big Ben as my starter. With them playing Mon I may have to bench him just in case he cant go.

My backup is Rex Grossman...dammit

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I think Miles Austin is a for sure start then it would come down to who you like better between Smith and Blount.

Blount has had good games 3 of his last 4 and in the 3 that hes been good he has had 18, 20, and 18 carries. If he can get close to 20 carries I can see him being a good play, but if they get down early they may go to throwing a lot.

With Smith he has been targeted a total of 112 times. That is 8-9 a game. I think Cam will continue to throw him the ball even going against a decent texans secondary. A.J. Green got lose a couple times last week so there is definitely hope for that match-up.

Either play is defendable so its all up to your gut. Good Luck!

(if you want to know who I would chose, I think I would go Smith)
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

So I didn't listen to either one of you and started Blount...I am now punching myself in the face

So I didn't listen to either one of you and started Blount...I am now punching myself in the face

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Not to rub it in or anything but.........................

TD Steve Smith

Sorry buddy
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Steve Smith just caught a TD from Cam.

Steve Smith is killing it already...This is a big money league too, Im never gonna hear the end of this one if I lose

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

This thread is hysterical Hindes!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    This thread is hysterical Hindes!
    Yea, it started off as a conversation with myself...then other people chimed in and I still didnt listen. Now Im screwed

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Yea, it started off as a conversation with myself...then other people chimed in and I still didnt listen. Now Im screwed
    It is good to have a conversation with yourself sometimes...within reason of course.

What you are experienceing right now is EXACTLY the reason I stopped playing in fantasy football leagues. You can go crazy...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Well, my bad decision may not matter, luckily I had McCoy and I picked up Seattle's defense 2 weeks ago, best pickup I ever made.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever take FF advice from me....

I was starting at my line-up yesterday, saw that Addai was "eh" and that Delone Carter was probably going to sit, had to choose between Mike Tolbert (facing the Rats) and Brown in a more favorable match-up against the Tits, and decided, "Oh, I'll take a little chance on Tolbert".

He did ok...scored 16 points.

Brown scored 40.5.

I'm losing by about 40 points with 2 players versus my opponents one tonight. Those 25 points probably would have been enough for me to win...
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever take FF advice from me....

I was starting at my line-up yesterday, saw that Addai was "eh" and that Delone Carter was probably going to sit, had to choose between Mike Tolbert (facing the Rats) and Brown in a more favorable match-up against the Tits, and decided, "Oh, I'll take a little chance on Tolbert".

He did ok...scored 16 points.

Brown scored 40.5.

I'm losing by about 40 points with 2 players versus my opponents one tonight. Those 25 points probably would have been enough for me to win...
    Actually, youre down by 60 or so, youre playing me in that league, lol. I have Antonio Brown tonight, so I dont think you have much of a chance. Reggie Bush hooked me up with a ridiculous amount of points this week.

I'm so close to the championship games in all of our leagues I can taste it.

I'm so close to the championship games in all of our leagues I can taste it.
    Im not even close in any of the three leagues here on SU, but it was fun. The money league Im in that I was first talking about I am in the championship game. So now I am in the same dilemma, Blount against a terrible Carolina run defense, or Smith against a terrible TB team...

Smith. Blount can be taken out of the game when Cam starts going wild on that defense. Smith will be a big part of the game plan while Cam is going wild.

So maybe someone can help me with a play tonight. I have a 5.5 point lead, my opponent has David Ackers going tonight, and I have a choice between Mendy and Gore. Who do I start?

So maybe someone can help me with a play tonight. I have a 5.5 point lead, my opponent has David Ackers going tonight, and I have a choice between Mendy and Gore. Who do I start?
    The smarter play would probably be Gore, but, I made a decision when I first started playing FF to never ever start anyone against the Steelers, even if it meant certain defeat. I refuse to hope an opponent does well against the Steelers. So with that said, go with Mendy or youre a traitor

The smarter play would probably be Gore, but, I made a decision when I first started playing FF to never ever start anyone against the Steelers, even if it meant certain defeat. I refuse to hope an opponent does well against the Steelers. So with that said, go with Mendy or youre a traitor

Damn, I was afraid someone would throw out the traitor bomb. You've shamed me into starting Mendy.