Thread: Who do I start?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Who do I start?

Who do I start this weekend, Alex Smith who has been hot lately or Micheal Vick who is coming off of broken ribs?

Member Array title="TXSteelerFan is an unknown quantity at this point"> TXSteelerFan's Avatar

Re: Who do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Who do I start this weekend, Alex Smith who has been hot lately or Micheal Vick who is coming off of broken ribs?
    I would go with Alex Smith (Has something to prove, they are fighting to clinch playoff spot so he will be limiting his mistakes, and as you said he has been on a tear lately.). Also I don't see Vick running much with all the injurys happening to him, so that negates his rushing stats, which is a big part of his stat line. Plus the Eagles are playing the Fins who have been a small tear of their own as of late (winning 4 out of the last 5).

I also have a question, of who to Start?

#1Big Ben tonight against the Browns (Keep in mind 30 degree temps, I forsee a lot of pounding the rock. But you never know with these Steelers) or The Amish Rifle (Ryan Fitzpatrick, struggling as of late, Warmer Temps playing in San Diego, and the game could possibly turn into a shootout with lots of passing).

#2Kind of a mild question, im kind of already set on Steelers but, 49ers D (Playing a Hot Arizona team) or Steelers D (McCoy injured knee, Cold weather, Steelers top rushing D)?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I don't think you can go wrong with your defenses, but I would lean towards the Steelers only because the Browns really have little in the ways of explosive players, whereas Az has a couple of nice weapons.

As for Ben or Ryan, I would probably go with Ben, he's been more consistent lately and Bruce Arians has already said that they will be running a lot of no huddle tonight.
    Last edited by 43Hitman; 12-08-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: I went comma crazy..lol

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I would also go Alex Smith Hitman...he is probably the safer play. Rib injuries can linger even though he is coming back tonight.

TXSteelerFan,

I would go Ben as well, Ryan just hasn't been that great lately and Fred Jackson being out could be a big reason.

Those are the 2 best D's you can have! I'm pretty jealous (and I have to go against the 49ers for my first playoff game this weekend!) I agree with going Steelers mainly because when looking at the Browns O vs Cardinals O....Cards have more weapons and Wells has recently exploded so i'd stay away.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Member Array title="TXSteelerFan is an unknown quantity at this point"> TXSteelerFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I would also go Alex Smith Hitman...he is probably the safer play. Rib injuries can linger even though he is coming back tonight.

TXSteelerFan,

I would go Ben as well, Ryan just hasn't been that great lately and Fred Jackson being out could be a big reason.

Those are the 2 best D's you can have! I'm pretty jealous (and I have to go against the 49ers for my first playoff game this weekend!) I agree with going Steelers mainly because when looking at the Browns O vs Cardinals O....Cards have more weapons and Wells has recently exploded so i'd stay away.
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm actually playing my brother in our company league this week for the playoffs... He has already torched me twice this year (Damn you Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson hook-up), hopefully 3rd times the charm.

I took the Steelers D within the later rounds of the draft, and I picked up the 9ers D maybe week 5 of the season. At the time they where ranked 5th or 6th in fantasy defense due in large part to the turnovers they were creating. So I picked them up and stuck them on my bench, turned out great for me... Unless I make it past this week and I have next week ugh! (Steelers vs 49ers). Regardless, good luck to all playing Fantasy Football this weekend.

GOOOO STEELERS!!

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

if he has rodgers, you need to risk it a little more. vick has a way higher upside than smith and should have a key weapon in maclin back. i would go with vick.
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005