Thread: Boudreau gets the boot

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Boudreau gets the boot

wondered how long it would take before the door hit him in his big barbecue sauce butt.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ter/51434114/1

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) – The Washington Capitals on Monday fired coach Bruce Boudreau, who won 200 games faster than any coach in modern NHL history but stumbled regularly in the playoffs despite a talent-laden lineup featuring two-time league MVP Alex Ovechkin.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Boudreau gets the boot

I'm going to miss his scowling face as his team gets eliminated form the playoffs.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I'm actually shocked they fired him - thought the organization was married to him for life. But when your superstar isn't happy, the coach is the one who gets the boot. And then, they replace him with a guy I have hated for years - Dale Hunter. What a piece of crap he was when he was playing.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I'm actually shocked they fired him - thought the organization was married to him for life. But when your superstar isn't happy, the coach is the one who gets the boot. And then, they replace him with a guy I have hated for years - Dale Hunter. What a piece of crap he was when he was playing.
    My friend who's a big hockey fan and grew up playing it said that Hunter was a huge cheap shot artist and had one of the most, if the not the most famous cheap shot. Is this true?

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

THIS must be the hit he was talking about.

From what I've read about this guy, he's a complete jagoff AND the Caps fans love him seems fitting for that organization.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Yeah, that hit will always live in infamy. I remember seeing the highlights of that game and it was just disgusting what he did. He was a scumbag cheap shot artist and that's all he'll ever be to me. My second most hated player of all time. The sad part is he was actually a pretty good player when he wasn't being an asshole - he had over 1,000 points in his career. He didn't need to do shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yeah, that hit will always live in infamy. I remember seeing the highlights of that game and it was just disgusting what he did. He was a scumbag cheap shot artist and that's all he'll ever be to me. My second most hated player of all time. The sad part is he was actually a pretty good player when he wasn't being an asshole - he had over 1,000 points in his career. He didn't need to do shit like that.
    Yup, my friend says the same thing you're saying. I talked to another friend about it who is a big Caps fan and then told him how I thought that he was a cheap shot artist than he went on to say that because I'm a Pittsburgh fan, I feel entitled to comment on everything because my teams are good. I was quite pissed at that point...

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Bye Humpty Dumpty! Good riddance.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

They just reported that the Anaheim Ducks fired their head coach after the game tonight....guess who they hired.... Barbecue Boy Boudreau....
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France