Thread: Flacco like Ben

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Flacco like Ben

As a defensive player was hanging on Flacco one of the geniuses in the broadcast booth during the ratbird niners game said that "A lot of people want to compare him (Flacco) to Ben" and because of his "Stature he has the ability to throw the ball with people draped all over him."

Really? Flacco like Ben? now there's a reach. Too much turkey maybe?
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Flacco like Ben

Quote Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
    As a defensive player was hanging on Flacco one of the geniuses in the broadcast booth during the ratbird niners game said that "A lot of people want to compare him (Flacco) to Ben" and because of his "Stature he has the ability to throw the ball with people draped all over him."

Really? Flacco like Ben? now there's a reach. Too much turkey maybe?

Yes, I heard that. It was Mike Mayock who said that. I am surprised because I think Mayock is one of the best annalists in football. I just don't know what he was thinking. He is not a Ben hater. I watched him once on playbook analyzes Ben's pump fake. He called it the best in the league. How he thinks Flacco is similar is beyond me.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I think Maycock's comparison was strictly more of a body-size type of thing, and the ability to shed tacklers. Flacco may not be as good as Roethlisberger when it comes to eluding sacks and making big plays downfield, but he's a damned sight tougher to take down than, say, Marcia.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I think Maycock's comparison was strictly more of a body-size type of thing, and the ability to shed tacklers. Flacco may not be as good as Roethlisberger when it comes to eluding sacks and making big plays downfield, but he's a damned sight tougher to take down than, say, Marcia.
    Brady and Peyton Manning both just crumple into the fetal position as they are getting hit. They aren't tough guys who will try to fight out of a tackle.

Flacco isn't anywhere close to Ben when it comes to being able to fight off a tackler to make the play down the field, but Flacco is elusive in his own way. He can move in the pocket, but he's never really impressed me with throwing on the run.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Alex Smith made a Ben-esque play last night. Doesn't mean he's like Ben either

Flacco folds under pressure too easily to be compared to ben
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Flacco compared to Ben? Mayock knows better...Freeman is comparable to Bens style. Flacco? Uh....no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Take a look at each quarterback's playoff history, no comparison

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Actually Moyock is complimenting Ben with the comparison because no one makes plays like Ben.

With that said, Moyock was fined $200,000 for that comparison by Goodhell for even mentioning Ben's name. Also, since Moyock was drafted by Pittsburgh, the amount was tripled.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Actually Moyock is complimenting Ben with the comparison because no one makes plays like Ben.

With that said, Moyock was fined $200,000 for that comparison by Goodhell for even mentioning Ben's name. Also, since Moyock was drafted by Pittsburgh, the amount was tripled.
    Lol ....... Don't forget his fine for voting for Hines in the Heisman voting.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Coming from Mayock surprises me a lot.

It's a lack of respect to compare Unibrow with Big Ben

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Lol ....... Don't forget his fine for voting for Hines in the Heisman voting.
    That's a 3 yr suspension from NFL Combine analyst duties.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

haha oh my God, speaking of Alex Smith, i think we all knew the 49ers couldnt do shit to get points if Gore wasnt running well but this game just confirmed that speculation about as much as humanly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    haha oh my God, speaking of Alex Smith, i think we all knew the 49ers couldnt do shit to get points if Gore wasnt running well but this game just confirmed that speculation about as much as humanly possible.
    Yeah, Alex Smith to the 49ers is like Niel O Donnell/Kordell to all those great Steeler teams that Cowher fielded before Big Ben

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah, Alex Smith to the 49ers is like Niel O Donnell/Kordell to all those great Steeler teams that Cowher fielded before Big Ben
    except alex smith has been asked to do EVEN LESS than those guys
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

The only thing that is the same with Flacco and Roethlisberger is they both play QB.. It ends there.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Hmmmm..........well, they are both white men who play QB in the NFL. Is that what he meant?
    Fire Goodell

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Hmmmm..........well, they are both white men who play QB in the NFL. Is that what he meant?
    And their both white... Good point suitanim.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Ways Flacco is like Ben:

Both are white.

Both play quarterback.

Both play in the AFC.

Both play in the AFC North.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy