Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2012 Republican Nominee Thread

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: 2012 Republican Nominee Thread

Santorum may even go to the convention and try to convince the delegates to NOT vote with the popular votes of their respective states. the guy is turning out to be quite the Lyndon LaRouche...
    Fire Goodell

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Not surprised that Romney won PR...did you hear the idiotic statement Santorum made.
    On that subject, would anyone honestly care if we had a Spanish-speaking state?

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    On that subject, would anyone honestly care if we had a Spanish-speaking state?
    Puerto Rico is a Country, for all intents and purposes. it's completely unique. It shocks me that Santorum continues to make gaffe after gaffe, yet he's still right there as a front-runner.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Romney projected winner in Illinois, currently has a majority of the votes

Won like 47-35%. Not even close.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't see how anyone but Romney can win enough delegates before the convention now

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I don't see how anyone but Romney can win enough delegates before the convention now
    IF for some reason the GOP voters can't coalesce around Romney and they continue to splinter their votes, it's possible (although highly unlikely) that Romney won't have enough delegates, and we'd experience a brokered convention. A lot of people want to see that for many reasons, but a big one is that it hasn't happened since 1976 (although even that wasn't technically brokered convention since Ford received enough votes on the conventions first ballot to secure the nomination).
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Romney has some stupid people advising his campaign. He's not even trying in Louisiana right now.

I don't get that. Gumpistan and Mississippi were basically three-way ties. And Mittens should do better in Louisiana than he did in the other two states because Louisiana is more urbanized and much more Catholic. Add in Newt's ties to Louisiana and it's foolish to just concede it to Santorum. Especially considering how much a win in the South would help his campaign.

I think he's conceding because it's probably the last state Santorum will win in. Romney will be in much friendlier territory for the foreseeable future, and Santorum is going to run out of cash soon. Romney is all but ignoring Santorum now and focusing on Obama. It's the smart play...he needs to be looking for the big prize now.

Thnk about it...some of these Southern states the he lost in will NEVER vote for Obama anyway, so what difference does it make if he loses the primary?
    Fire Goodell

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Another juicy Santorum quote. This one's about Romney.

“If they’re going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk of what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate for the future.”

Santorum draws first blood against Obama with an attack ad.

I have a feeling the ads are gonna be good this election.

Speaking of Santorum, this lunatic is already losing it just in the election. Imagine what idiocy this fool would engage in if he actually was President...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...romney-comment

But the questions struck a chord with Santorum, and when he faced the same question again, he used a profane word and accused the media of "distorting" his speech.

Sunday's remarks were no exception, with Romney spokesperson Ryan Williams telling reporters, “Rick Santorum is becoming more desperate and angry and unhinged every day...He’s panicking in the final stages of his campaign.”

But by Sunday's end, Romney advisers were using the hash tag "Tantorum" to draw attention to past instances of the former senator losing his cool. The response blasted out by the Santorum campaign no mention of his use of a not so family friendly word.
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Speaking of Santorum, this lunatic is already losing it just in the election. Imagine what idiocy this fool would engage in if he actually was President...
    The only good thing about a President Santorum would be that the MSM would call him out on his idiocy. Can you imagine the outrage if someone other than the Osiah had forced people to buy insurance from the evil insurance companies, or stacked His administration with Wall Street fat cats, or signed NDAA and ACTA?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    The only good thing about a President Santorum would be that the MSM would call him out on his idiocy. Can you imagine the outrage if someone other than the Osiah had forced people to buy insurance from the evil insurance companies, or stacked His administration with Wall Street fat cats, or signed NDAA and ACTA?
    Of course, Romney will be more than happy to do the same. Once again, we have the illusion of a choice.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Of course, Romney will be more than happy to do the same. Once again, we have the illusion of a choice.
    True, but at least Mittens has an R after his name, so it will be harder for him to get away with that kind of crap. If W had taken Romneycare national, the media narrative would be that they were giving the evil greedy insurance companies a handout at the expense of the little guy.

An interesting concurrent event demonstrates the monumental importance of electing Romney over Obama. If he's given 4 more years, there's always the chance that he could wind up in a position to nominate not one, but the crucial TWO supreme court justices and tip the balance back. This is a HUGE matter, as right now, yesterday, today and tomorrow, the SC is hearing arguments on the Constitutionality of Obamacare and the individual mandate. If they decide based on today's hearing that the mandate is unconstitutional, that COULD lead to a decision based on tomorrow's hearings to strike the whole law down.

So this is another giant flaw in the "take my ball and go home" crowd of children who won't vote for Romney because he's not an extreme radical right-winger. At the very least he'd nominate conservative justices. The hearings going on now are the most important of our generation, and they are granting an unprecedented 6 hours of hearings....more than any case in 40 years. Thank God that we voted for Bush for 8 years, or things might be very different...
    Fire Goodell

Bush Sr, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio all lining up to endorse Romney. Gingrich slashing his campaign staff. There's definitely some real momentum swings going on...
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Santorum draws first blood against Obama with an attack ad.

I have a feeling the ads are gonna be good this election.

I finally was able to watch this. This is the greatest political attack ad since LBJ's "Daisy" ad...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

An interesting concurrent event demonstrates the monumental importance of electing Romney over Obama. If he's given 4 more years, there's always the chance that he could wind up in a position to nominate not one, but the crucial TWO supreme court justices and tip the balance back. This is a HUGE matter, as right now, yesterday, today and tomorrow, the SC is hearing arguments on the Constitutionality of Obamacare and the individual mandate. If they decide based on today's hearing that the mandate is unconstitutional, that COULD lead to a decision based on tomorrow's hearings to strike the whole law down.

So this is another giant flaw in the "take my ball and go home" crowd of children who won't vote for Romney because he's not an extreme radical right-winger. At the very least he'd nominate conservative justices. The hearings going on now are the most important of our generation, and they are granting an unprecedented 6 hours of hearings....more than any case in 40 years. Thank God that we voted for Bush for 8 years, or things might be very different...

Well Slash, you telling me that the make up of the Supreme court is irrelevant? Once in a Supreme is in for the long haul. You want to put the very make up of the Supreme court in Obama's hands?

You have any idea what sort of damage that could do to every single conservative cause you hold dear? A Supreme Court that swayed 6-3 in a liberal tilt will change the very fabric of this Country.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

Well Slash, you telling me that the make up of the Supreme court is irrelevant? Once in a Supreme is in for the long haul. You want to put the very make up of the Supreme court in Obama's hands?

You have any idea what sort of damage that could do to every single conservative cause you hold dear? A Supreme Court that swayed 6-3 in a liberal tilt will change the very fabric of this Country.

This has been my argument with every "Ron Paul theres no difference between Obama and Romney" advocate. None of them can ever give me a good counter argument other than "well, Romney is just a liberal in disguise anyway, so he will appoint a liberal judge just like Obama"

Its an asinine argument and shows the absolute dilusional thoughts that Ron Paul supporters adhere to. Not all of them of course, but quite a few of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    This has been my argument with every "Ron Paul theres no difference between Obama and Romney" advocate. None of them can ever give me a good counter argument other than "well, Romney is just a liberal in disguise anyway, so he will appoint a liberal judge just like Obama"

Its an asinine argument and shows the absolute dilusional thoughts that Ron Paul supporters adhere to. Not all of them of course, but quite a few of the bunch.
    My problem with Paul is much more pragmatic: Military and economic isolationism would crush both ours, and everyone else in the Worlds economies. In the vacuum, the nuke armed lunatics would then run the asylum. It's utopian nonsense, completely naive and unworkable.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

My problem with Paul is much more pragmatic: Military and economic isolationism would crush both ours, and everyone else in the Worlds economies. In the vacuum, the nuke armed lunatics would then run the asylum. It's utopian nonsense, completely naive and unworkable.
    Agreed. There's much to like about Ron Paul. But his world view, and his sense of our place in it just doesn't conform to the reality of the situation.

And I don't care if the way the World works now doesn't exactly jibe with the language of the Constitution, srtrictly speaking. Back then, it was the furthest thing from a global economy, and you COULD build one big wall around your country and be just fine. There was also language built into the Constitution to address changing with the changing times...

Now that I've said that, there will surely be some smarmy, condescending retort from what's-his-head...which is exactly why I employ the "ignore" feature.
    Fire Goodell

I did my part. I delivered Maryland for Romney with my vote today!

I'm not so sure I can produce in November though.

Seriously I really do with they'd do away with the Electoral collage in the Presidential election. I wonder how many people don't even bother going to the polls to vote when they live in a state that is heavily swayed to one side or the other?

Al Gore would have been President, then...we'd probably all be forced to drive $40,000 Nissan Leaf's.
    Fire Goodell

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Romney pulled the sweep yesterday. This should mean he is the clear front runner and everyone else should drop out, but they won't. I think Santorum sticks around until at least PA...but if he loses there he's done.

For all intents and purposes, the race is over. On April 24th, Romney will win Connecticut, Delaware, New York and Rhode Island for sure, and has a damned good chance of taking Pennsylvania from Santorum. Even if he loses PA, it will be close, and he'll still grab probably close to half the delegates. he's up to 654 of the needed 1144, and there are still some states with gigantic amounts of delegates in play, like Texas, California and New York.

I don't think Santorum cares a whit about backing out...even though his stubbornness is hurting the whole party. But Romney is playing this one well: He's completely ignoring the other three candidates and focusing 100% on Obama. His fundraising is almost entirely focused on November now, too. He'll be pivoting in his attacks and focusing on swaying the general electorate now, as well.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I can't help but wonder if Santorum is staying in on "principle".....OR because he is so steeped in pride.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant