Thread: embarrassed,ashamed,humiliated........

Junior Member Array title="sherlock is an unknown quantity at this point"> sherlock's Avatar

embarrassed,ashamed,humiliated........

and these are some of the better emotions I felt following England's abject display against Germany in the World Cup.
    It made me wonder if you folks have felt anything similar following a performance by the Steelers.
    In my brief tenure as a Steelers fan,the only game that has come even remotely close was last season's game at Cleveland.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: embarrassed,ashamed,humiliated........

Yep.........Cleveland about sums it up for me.

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Last years Brown's game was definitely a bad one. I wouldn't say I was ashamed or humilated as much as I was disgusted with the performance.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post
    Last years Brown's game was definitely a bad one. I wouldn't say I was ashamed or humilated as much as I was disgusted with the performance.
    Try living in Shitzinnati.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

That Browns game made me puke on my shoes!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The 2006 season was embarrassing.

The two defeats against the Ravens to 27-0 and 31-7 was humiliating.

The bad season Roethlisberger in 2006 was embarrassing.

In 2009, perform against the browns were awful, but the other defeats, it was very often very close defeats, but the steelers always found ways to lose games at its 4th quarter.

The performance out of our defense in 4th quarter in 2009 were embarrassing.

especially the one against the raiders and packers.

But the off-season that the steelers just experienced has been very hard for me to take.

The situation where Roethlisberger and Holmes and then the trade, which was a shock for me.

But for the rest, the steelers I often live very good time!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I think it's safe to say that 2009 was mostly a bad season, it had its good parts, but mostly hurt. Hopefully we can rebound this year and get back into the playoffs!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

yea that game at Cleveland was awful. As soon as we went empty backfield in shotgun on 3rd and 1 I knew we were going to have a bad day. Since the game was on NFL network I had to go to a bar to watch it. I left at halftime because my eyes couldnt take any more. I followed the rest on my computer. I have never read "Ben Roethlisberger sacked" so many times in my life.... MAJOR Disappointment.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

For me it was the Raiders game.. I was there with my BF who is a Raiders fan.. UGH...

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Super Bowl XXX ..... 'nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    yea that game at Cleveland was awful. As soon as we went empty backfield in shotgun on 3rd and 1 I knew we were going to have a bad day. Since the game was on NFL network I had to go to a bar to watch it. I left at halftime because my eyes couldnt take any more. I followed the rest on my computer. I have never read "Ben Roethlisberger sacked" so many times in my life.... MAJOR Disappointment.
    We had to watch it at a bar, too. I didn't see half the game. My forehead was on the table.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

The 2006 and 2009 seasons pretty much summed your question for me. Both years, I felt we had a really good team and the team just took half the season off in both seasons.

The Steelers need to have their back against the wall to play well. In 2006 and 2009, a lot of people picked them to have a great season and they believed their hype.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I've never been embarassed, ashamed of or humiliated by any of the teams I support because I realize that athletes, like us averages Joes and Janes, are human and very capable of error and just having rough days or a rough series of days/weeks. I also realize that it is literally impossible for my teams to win every single game or every single title every single season. Not everyone is on the same page 100% of the time and I chalk that up to being a mere mortal. With regard to the Steelers - while I will admit that I've been disappointed in their play here and there, I am more appreciative of all of the years of positives they've given me as a fan, so a negative here and there really doesn't bother me to the point of shame.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I loved that England-Germany game.

Of course, I'm an Irish Catholic.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

2009 against the browns considering it was a must win game against a division rival and the steelers still didn't find the need to give any effort

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

1989 opening day - 51-0 loss to the Browns at TRS.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    For me it was the Raiders game.. I was there with my BF who is a Raiders fan.. UGH...
    I was waiting to see you post about the Raiders haha so true. Lost to them twice in a row now and im hoping this season we can finally turn it around! Also yes the Browns game made me wanna get intoxicated and cry myself to sleep...
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    We had to watch it at a bar, too. I didn't see half the game. My forehead was on the table.
    I remember that Thursday Night game like it was yesterday... lol I was at a Houlihan's on the Northside of Philly on a business trip watching it on the big screen and a family came in complaining that we were watching that game when the Flyers were on... lol

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Thread title at 1:06.

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I loved that England-Germany game.

Of course, I'm an Irish Catholic.
    You people just can't let that go, can you?

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Any AFC Championship Game in which Kordell Stewart was the starting quarterback.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="TatarMongol is an unknown quantity at this point"> TatarMongol's Avatar

How come U guys don't mention the Pirates? Not a big baseball fan, but whenever I check their stats & score, makes me sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TatarMongol View Post
    How come U guys don't mention the Pirates? Not a big baseball fan, but whenever I check their stats & score, makes me sigh.
    Don't start Tartar... Move along... nothing here to see or refer to regarding th Buc's.... This is about the Steelers..

P.S. Pirates are a little touchy for me and talking anything negative since it's been 18 looooooong years of losing...

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

I reckon the Cleveland game too...HOWEVER.....
    I flew 5000 miles to see my first game against the Bengals last year....
    AND.....picture this.....
    I watched the England-Germany game in a huge beach bar in the middle of Berlin (where I work), only 10 of us England fans right in the middle of around 6000 Germans!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerrob View Post
    I watched the England-Germany game in a huge beach bar in the middle of Berlin (where I work), only 10 of us England fans right in the middle of around 6000 Germans!!!!!!
    Ouch! How did they treat you?

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

After the Titans game... the entire remaining portion of the season was just a big let down... very hard to sit and watch that happening...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Last year was pretty bad, so was 2006.

2009 is worse than 2006 because of the factors that went into that season.

Junior Member Array title="sherlock is an unknown quantity at this point"> sherlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I've never been embarassed, ashamed of or humiliated by any of the teams I support because I realize that athletes, like us averages Joes and Janes, are human and very capable of error and just having rough days or a rough series of days/weeks. I also realize that it is literally impossible for my teams to win every single game or every single title every single season. Not everyone is on the same page 100% of the time and I chalk that up to being a mere mortal. With regard to the Steelers - while I will admit that I've been disappointed in their play here and there, I am more appreciative of all of the years of positives they've given me as a fan, so a negative here and there really doesn't bother me to the point of shame.
    Normally I would completely agree with you HTG but this was a display that was beyond any England futbol fan's wildest nightmare.In fact I have neither the intellect or vocabulary to put into words the horror show that was that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    If you mean last season's game wirels3 then I'd have to respectfully disagree.
    The Raiders game was the first ever AF game that I'd seen live.
    In my head it was a magnificent performance where victory was cruelly denied in the last moments of the game.......a plucky defeat you might say!
    Me,deluded....never.

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

Ouch! How did they treat you?
    It was all in good fun - no doubt if the score was the other way round, things would have been different!!!!!!!