Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who gets your goat horns?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Who gets your goat horns?

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    Because LeBeau is a sacred cow among some Steelers fans.
    And Arians is the automatic scapegoat with most of the same fans.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I have yet to see anyone absolve the defense of blame, nor LeBeau.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Ben gets one for that stupid screen play.

But the D, where shall I begin? I know 14-21 3rd downs being converted.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    The offense didn't score enough points to win the game, so they get part of the blame. The defense obviously was more to blame, but that interception was a killer and gave away a red zone opportunity, so how can you ignore it and say that the offense is blameless?
    I believe I mentioned the INT being 100% their fault. But I've just had enough of all of the BS the offense gets from the so-called "knowledgeable fans" around here. After that INT, they scored TDs on their next 2 possessions to give them the lead. They were in position to score again but apparently a ref's gaffe prevented them from going for the FG, and they instead had to punt it deep. You'd think the defense could stop the Ravens from going 92 fucking yards, but they didn't. And somehow, we STILL have people here blaming the offense. It's gotten past the point of ridiculousness now.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I believe I mentioned the INT being 100% their fault. But I've just had enough of all of the BS the offense gets from the so-called "knowledgeable fans" around here. After that INT, they scored TDs on their next 2 possessions to give them the lead. They were in position to score again but apparently a ref's gaffe prevented them from going for the FG, and they instead had to punt it deep. You'd think the defense could stop the Ravens from going 92 fucking yards, but they didn't. And somehow, we STILL have people here blaming the offense. It's gotten past the point of ridiculousness now.
    Who the fuck is blaming the offense? So we mention they played a part and could have done more, but no one, not one person has said the defense didn't lose us the game in the end!

J

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Now we know how they felt when we went 92 yards to win the 2nd game and the division against them back in '08. It really feels shitty.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    The Offense gets mine...
    Heres one Zu

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Who the fuck is blaming the offense? So we mention they played a part and could have done more, but no one, not one person has said the defense didn't lose us the game in the end!

J
    Hmm, let's see...

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Plenty of game goats to go around.

- The defense for giving up a 92-yard drive at the end
    - The FG unit for taking a delay of game penalty (or Tomlin if they did it intentionally to get more room for Kap)
    - The offense for collapsing when we needed one more first down
    - The zebras
    The Offense gets mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'll agree with those 3. Suisham sucks and would never have made that. If we had a decent kicker, we could've gone up 7 there.
    Any other questions?

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?

That pick on the screen was awful, but NO WHERE NEAR as awful as the D.

They LITERALLY let the Ravens get into FG range or deeper on all but 2-3 drives... PATHETIC

Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?
    One person blamed the offense, that it! One person. Just becasuse someone mentions a play of a thing the offense could have done better doesn't mean they're pinning it on the offense over the defense.

Nevermind. I just hope the defense learns how to finish a damn game, and either rip the WR screen out of the playbook or learn how to disguise it better, because I could see that pick coming a mile away.

As poor as the defense played, one more first down and we put this game away! Apparently the last offensive play there was a miscommunication and Mewelde ran the wrong pattern. I'm guessing if the pattern had been run as Ben expected it's an easy first down. Why do I say this. Because Ben would have tucked the ball and taken the sack or made a short gain to keep the clock moving if the play wasn't there.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Nevermind. I just hope the defense learns how to finish a damn game, and either rip the WR screen out of the playbook or learn how to disguise it better, because I could see that pick coming a mile away.
    Yea. Not only that but the offense had "nukes" and didn't use them until the 3td. We broke out the same ol' playbook we use all the time against the Ravens for an entire 2 quarters and got stopped. Then, when Ben went "Brady" on em, they couldn't handle it and we took the lead after being down 10 pts ! Our WR's and Ben were better than their DB's. Seeing that, I fault the offense (more accurately Arians) for leaving a boat load of points out there in space.

Yea. Not only that but the offense had "nukes" and didn't use them until the 3td. We broke out the same ol' playbook we use all the time against the Ravens for an entire 2 quarters and got stopped. Then, when Ben went "Brady" on em, they couldn't handle it and we took the lead after being down 10 pts ! Our WR's and Ben were better than their DB's. Seeing that, I fault the offense (more accurately Arians) for leaving a boat load of points out there in space.
    And that, of course, is the reason the defense shit the bed and lost the game??? Is that what you're saying?

Would've been nice if the defense that showed up last week would've showed up this week too. 14/21 on third down? Unacceptable. 92-yard TD drive to win the game? Unacceptable. But yeah, keep on blaming Arians.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

And that, of course, is the reason the defense shit the bed and lost the game??? Is that what you're saying?
    No, I blame the Offense for using the style of play that the Ravens are most familiar with for the entire 1st half. Brown and Miller were eating the #2 pass D alive in the 2nd half... even Wallace got his 1st td against the Ravens tonight...

How about blaming Clark and Gay for dropping easy picks from Flaccid, one of which would have prevented the Ravens first field goal.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Hmm, let's see...

Any other questions?
    I didn't blame the offense. You're a bit touchy. Face it, there's plenty of blame to go around. It came down to the defense needing to make a stop and they didn't do it. The offense had a chance to ice the game on the previous possession and they didn't do it. Again, plenty of blame to go around. The offense and defense both played better last week against the Pats.

It seems to me like the offense and defense both went back to their old predictable ways this week.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

According to Max Starks ( interviewed on the radio) they were going to kick the field goal, or attempt it anyway, but the refs didn't reset the clock, thus the delay penalty which in turn forced the Steelers hand.
    If that's true, that's complete bullshit. I thought when it happened that it seemed quick.

But the kick-coverage unit was sloppy, allowing returns of 45 and 32 yards to David Reid -- each resulting in a field goal.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11311...#ixzz1d03eJ3CF

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Zebras didn't do crap. The Steelers lost this game in every sense of the word. Have no one to blame but themselves.

The main Goat is the Defense from Coaches to the Players. The same type of prevent soft bullshit that cost them many games like this in 2009. Didn't the Steelers move to pressure defense last week because of Brady constantly picking them apart underneath like this? 92 Yards after shutting these guys down all half. You can't be serious.

David Johnson for dropping the 3rd down pass that would've iced the game.

The whole team for falling asleep in the last two minutes.

Prevent defense? I didn't see much prevent defense on the last drive. I saw our blitzes get picked-up and our db's get beat. Actually, Dungy ripped Lebeau for playing too much man on the final drive.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

the players and coaches on both sides of the ball. i wouldn't be placing the blame on gay only. taylor, lewis and the other DBs were getting burned too.

it was good to have harrison back. he looked rested.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Nov. 07, 2011 1:44 a.m. - by Chuck Finder - Tomlin: Not trying FG was due to 'some hesitation'
    Mike Tomlin blamed himself for the field-goal attempt that wasn't in Sunday night's loss to the Ravens. "I accept responsibility," he said. "There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned (about) that distance [for a 47-yard Shaun Suisham attempt]. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game." Steelers RapidReports

Nov. 07, 2011 1:40 a.m. - by Chuck Finder - Starks believes FG might have made difference
    Shaun Suisham never got set up to try a 47-yard field goal that could have made this a 23-23 game into overtime. “It was well within Shaun’s range,” Max Starks said. “We thought they were going to push the clock -- reset it -- and they didn’t.” The Steelers got a delay penalty and punted instead to the 8-yard line. Steelers RapidReports

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Yeah, I knew someone would blame the offense. The ONLY thing you can blame the offense for is the Suggs INT, which is their fault for not realizing that the Ravens were jumping the WR screen until that point. Other than that, they did their damn job. WHY do they constantly get blamed for the defense's screw-ups?????
    Because they would be turned to stone if they dared to put any degree of blame on LeBeau or the D.

Imho - the D gets 2 sets of goat horns for tonight's heartbreaker.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Nov. 07, 2011 1:44 a.m. - by Chuck Finder - Tomlin: Not trying FG was due to 'some hesitation'
    Mike Tomlin blamed himself for the field-goal attempt that wasn't in Sunday night's loss to the Ravens. "I accept responsibility," he said. "There was some hesitation on my part. I was concerned (about) that distance [for a 47-yard Shaun Suisham attempt]. I sent the group out there a little late. We ended up with a delay of game." Steelers RapidReports

Nov. 07, 2011 1:40 a.m. - by Chuck Finder - Starks believes FG might have made difference
    Shaun Suisham never got set up to try a 47-yard field goal that could have made this a 23-23 game into overtime. “It was well within Shaun’s range,” Max Starks said. “We thought they were going to push the clock -- reset it -- and they didn’t.” The Steelers got a delay penalty and punted instead to the 8-yard line. Steelers RapidReports
    Suisham would have shanked that....of course, maybe the Rats, getting the ball back at nidfield, would have scored in one minute, not 2 (since we obviously weren't going to stop them) and we'd have had a minute try and tie it...Tomlin cannot blame himself any farther than allowing a mediocre kicker to be on his roster.
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Because they would be turned to stone if they dared to put any degree of blame on LeBeau or the D.

Imho - the D gets 2 sets of goat horns for tonight's heartbreaker.
    I've seen about 700 different comments posted about what a lousy job LeBeau did this game. And even more flaming the defense. I'm not sure what board you've been reading this morning? Everyone I see and know is pissed at LeBeau and the defense today.

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Suisham would have shanked that....of course, maybe the Rats, getting the ball back at nidfield, would have scored in one minute, not 2 (since we obviously weren't going to stop them) and we'd have had a minute try and tie it...Tomlin cannot blame himself any farther than allowing a mediocre kicker to be on his roster.
    The punt put them at the 8. If your defense can't keep a team out of the end zone with 92 yards of real estate to protect, then I guess you can say you didn;'t deserve it.

Member Array title="steeler for life is an unknown quantity at this point">

I went to bed last night and all I dreamed about was first a bubble screen that has never work, tomlin softness and lack of aggressiveness for not even trying the field goal , William gay getting beat constantly . But there was a play in the beginning that might affected the final score ,does somebody agree with me on the hit that ray Lewis put on hines was a 15 yarder helmet to helmet that moulded have extended the drive deep and perhaps getting a touchdown. My congratulations to harbough he showed what tomlin lacks even with cundif missing previously a field goal he kept going with the chance of adding points . I truly believe the problem is tomlin. Ps. Bet anyone the league will not fine Lewis on the hines hit

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I've seen about 700 different comments posted about what a lousy job LeBeau did this game. And even more flaming the defense. I'm not sure what board you've been reading this morning? Everyone I see and know is pissed at LeBeau and the defense today.
    Whether 1 person or 1,000 people put the blame on LeBeau, I'm still entitled to post my opinion whether it parallels someone else's opinion or not. Did someone die and leave you the boss while I wasn't looking?

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!