Thread: LaMarr Woodley : "Wood-Be Gentleman"

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

LaMarr Woodley : "Wood-Be Gentleman"

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

Yet the second-round draft pick from the University of Michigan makes less money than the backup goaltender of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Currently in the final year of his rookie contract, worth $550K this season, Woodley had every right to join in on the NFL’s hottest summer trend—holding out of training camp for a raise. The Tennessee Titans’ stud running back Chris Johnson did it. Even $100 million man Albert Haynesworth was a no-show at the Washington Redskins’ mini-camp because of hurt feelings over trade rumors.

But when the Steelers opened the doors of their South Side training facility for optional team workouts in May, there was Woodley, crushing tackling dummies in the pouring rain when he could have been at home relaxing on a “Dora the Explorer” marathon with his 2-year-old daughter, Gabrielle.

If I miss workouts and training camp, I not only hurt myself, but I hurt the team,” he says. “I don’t want to fall behind because I’m worried about dollar signs.”

Why not? Array title="Prouncey53 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prouncey53's Avatar

Re: LaMarr Woodley : "Wood-Be Gentleman"

Players with this type of ability and attitude are the ones who really do deserve to be paid big money

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Prouncey53 View Post
    Players with this type of ability and attitude are the ones who really do deserve to be paid big money

I eagerly await the steelers sign Woodley, he deserves a huge contract.

But I understand the reasons that the steelers have to wait, but I'd be shocked if he does not keep Woodley.

But I am confident they will keep him at the right price!

I love woodley

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I have been impressed with this young man's attitude from day one. If the "Woodley way" gets passed down to the new guys, we have nothing to worry about. I love following him on FB. He is starting to interact with his fans. He ran a contest this week for a signed picture.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

He really does deserve at least the contract that Silverback got. But even though he may feel upset about the situation, I feel like he is going about it the right way. He wants to be great, and he is not letting disputes about money hold him back. I am confident that he will get what he deserves. Hopefully he plays the majority of his career in Pittsburgh, I will be very disappointed otherwise.... he is my favorite player

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I have been impressed with this young man's attitude from day one. If the "Woodley way" gets passed down to the new guys, we have nothing to worry about. I love following him on FB. He is starting to interact with his fans. He ran a contest this week for a signed picture.
    Can you post a link to the page of his on FB that you follow? Do you know that it is really him?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Can you post a link to the page of his on FB that you follow? Do you know that it is really him?
    Yes....he actually posted a video to prove it's him. He was jawing with a guy that didn't believe it was him and it was pretty funny.

http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodle...36892599669932

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

Yet the second-round draft pick from the University of Michigan makes less money than the backup goaltender of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Currently in the final year of his rookie contract, worth $550K this season, Woodley had every right to join in on the NFL’s hottest summer trend—holding out of training camp for a raise. The Tennessee Titans’ stud running back Chris Johnson did it. Even $100 million man Albert Haynesworth was a no-show at the Washington Redskins’ mini-camp because of hurt feelings over trade rumors.

But when the Steelers opened the doors of their South Side training facility for optional team workouts in May, there was Woodley, crushing tackling dummies in the pouring rain when he could have been at home relaxing on a “Dora the Explorer” marathon with his 2-year-old daughter, Gabrielle.

If I miss workouts and training camp, I not only hurt myself, but I hurt the team,” he says. “I don’t want to fall behind because I’m worried about dollar signs.”
    What a true class attitude!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Yes....he actually posted a video to prove it's him. He was jawing with a guy that didn't believe it was him and it was pretty funny.

http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodle...36892599669932
    thanks stillers4me. Guess i better be careful thinking its not him

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    thanks stillers4me. Guess i better be careful thinking its not him
    I posted our link once and asked to come check out the wallpaper contest with that really awesome one of him that willie made. It's possible that he's lurking here. I don't want to spam his site with the link....he's being too cool talking with people.

I posted our link once and asked to come check out the wallpaper contest with that really awesome one of him that willie made. It's possible that he's lurking here. I don't want to spam his site with the link....he's being too cool talking with people.
    Really he could be a member... How would we know???
    Well guess I should just go ahead and say it... I am Lamarr Woodley

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

I'm confident the FO will find a way to sign him long term, he's a helluva OLB and a gentleman,

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Class act! Just wish all players would take a look at him and say i want to be like him. i really think there is no way in hell they let not only a great player on the field, but also a great person off it get way.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

You just have to love Lamarr Woodley. Not only a is he a great linebacker, but he has a great attitude. He's not worrying about holding out for money; he just wants to go to practice and improve his game. The Steelers FO recognize how important he is to the Steelers future, and he will get the money he deserves next year.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Woodley reminds me just of Hines! He only cares about getting himself ready and better for each season. Even with a contract well deserved he is not worried one bit and gets a positive mind set of the game. He will get the money he deserves and continue to be a class act in Pittsburgh!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="CanadianSteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> CanadianSteel's Avatar

Will be one happy Steeelr fan when the announce his long term deal. The Man deserves the money and if the can sign him long term i think he will become the Steelers all time sack leader at some point.

Bring da Wood !!!

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I loved the Woodley pick from day one. The man is a beast and knows how to bring it. People were saying what are we a doing drafting a linebacker in rounds one and two that year now look what we have. I have a good feeling about our defense this year we are going to have Ziggy in the mix this year as well. All I can say is opposing quarterbacks better look out.

Member Array title="wvsportsman is an unknown quantity at this point">

Yep! Class act, as are the majority of Steeler players..

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

PAY DA MAN!