Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Season Thread

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

2011-2012 Season Thread

Figured I'd start this up now. Teams are starting to have some of their exhibition games.

Didn't have a general thread for all of college ball last year, maybe this will bring a little more life to this section.

Post all of your predictions, analyses, scores, rants, etc. of the upcoming season in here.

Ready for another great season of college basketball!!!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 Season Thread

PITT wins it all

/thread

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Carolina won 100-58 last night against UNC-Pembroke.

Duke plays last year's division 2 National Champs and D2 preseason #1 Bellarmine(?) tonight. 2nd year in a row we have played the previous years D2 champ.

Duke won 87-62 last Saturday night. As usual Coach K didn't try to win by as much as possible and played a bunch of guys in a bunch of combinations. That combined with a lot of youth of the team means only winning by 15. Plus we were playing the best D2 team there is.

Duke's 2nd exhibition is tomorrow night against Shaw.

Anyone else can add info about exhibitions if they please. I never know a lot about the exhibitions other than Duke and UNC.

Well the season starts tonight, but the only big time teams that play before Friday are Arizona, St. Johns, and Texas A&M.

The season starts Friday for most teams.

Season tips off tonight!!!

Gonna be out of town this weekend so not sure if I'll be able to watch anything this weekend except the Steelers game Sunday, so I'm recording the Duke games tonight and tomorrow so I can be sure to watch them.

Tons of games tonight.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH college basketball. Love it compared to the NBA. Pitt won tonight and started out the season in a impressive way.

Duke beat Belmont by 1 last night. 77-76 I think. Belmont is a good team, probably top 40 I would think. Didn't think it would be that close though.

We play again today and Coach K can tie the record for most wins at 902 with a W.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Pitt won yet again today, but they played sloppy for the last ten minutes of the first half. We should have blown them out...

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

UK played Marist in their regular season opener and won big, they started slow but picked it up in the second half. On Tuesday they play Kansas which should be a good game. From what I have seen Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a big time player, so watch out for him.

Duke-Michigan St. Tuesday night in Champions Classic at Cameron North aka Madison Square Garden. Coach K passes his old coach Bob Knight for most all time wins if we win. 903.

Is it bad that I kinda hope we lose so that K can break the record at home?

I'll tell you what, whichever team draws Belmont in the first round of the NCAA Tournament is not gonna be very happy...

Coach K is the winningest coach in D1 history!!

903 baby!!!

Why do the Pitt students(assuming) wear shirts that say 'zoo' on them?

ACC still undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Why do the Pitt students(assuming) wear shirts that say 'zoo' on them?

ACC still undefeated.
    It's the nickname of Oakland, the neighborhood that the school is in....

Un-fucking-believable, Pitt loses to some no name school tonight. So fucking mad. How the Hell does Pitt lose to some team like this? Even MORE sloppy play. Even MORE turnovers. Even MORE "just" thrown up shots. How the Hell does this team think they're going to go anywhere with the sloppy play so far this season. I hope they get out of this slump, they barely won against Ryder than lose to some no fucking name school. Un-fucking-believable. Just unbelievable. Just another thing to add to the shit list of a horrible sports year.

Maui invitational starts today. Duke plays tennessee. Michigan plays Memphis. Ucla chaminade. Kansas Georgetown. What a field. Idk why kansas has an easier side than duke, WAY easier actually, but whatever.

Duke plays Michigan tomorrow.

Duke wins. Will play either Kansas or ucla tomorrow night. Talk about dream matchups.

Duke beats Kansas 66-61 in an amazing game to wins our 5th Maui title.

Duke plays at Ohio State tonight in the ACC Big Ten challenge.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

I can't wait until the UK v UNC game on Saturday. That is going to be a great game but I am a little nervous about my Cats, they have significantly less experience than UNC and the Heels will be trying to prove something after that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
    I can't wait until the UK v UNC game on Saturday. That is going to be a great game but I am a little nervous about my Cats, they have significantly less experience than UNC and the Heels will be trying to prove something after that loss.
    I love this game every year. One of them has to lose.

I hated the game in last year's NCAA Tournament though, because one of them had to win....

Well we just got our butts kicked by Ohio State.

Bench-clearing melee halts end of Xavier's rout of Cincinnati

CINCINNATI -- Eighth-ranked Xavier defeated crosstown rival Cincinnati 76-53 in a game that was called with 9.4 seconds left when the teams got into a brawl.

The game was stopped after words led to shoving and both benches cleared. Coaches from both teams had to pull their players away.

Mark Lyons scored 19 points, and Tu Holloway led a 12-point run in the first half for Xavier.
    Read More: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313442752

Can't expect much out of anything from Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Bench-clearing melee halts end of Xavier's rout of Cincinnati

Read More: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313442752

Can't expect much out of anything from Cincinnati.
    From the replay it looks like both teams, and especially Cincinnati, will be lucky to have many players left their next games...

Duke plays again tomorrow night.

Carolina looks good.

Pitt has lost 2 in a row.

Jim Calhoun is serving his completely comical 3 game suspension for being a CHEATER

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Duke plays again tomorrow night.

Carolina looks good.

Pitt has lost 2 in a row.

Jim Calhoun is serving his completely comical 3 game suspension for being a CHEATER
    Yeah, I hope Pitt can pick it up.

Duke lost to Temple last night.

Coach K did not have a good game plan and did not make adjustments. He made adjustments on offense, but with like 4 minutes left and it was too late. Prob the worst game I remember him coaching.

Temple kept driving past our guards and making all their shots/ making great passes when our bigs stepped up. Should have at least tried a zone to limit the 1 on 1 penetration. But sometimes K is too arrogant to go to a zone. He is better than he used to be though, when I was a kid he NEVER went zone.

Maybe its that we are too guard heavy minded, but we should have thrown it in to the big guys EVERY TIME. When we did Temple could not stop it. They had no one that could guard our 6'10" and 6'11" big guys.

Temple also did a great job of stopping our fast break. Of course they made a very high percentage of their shots, so that helps.

This Duke team has some work to do.

Pitt plays tonight, lets hope they can get a win to get back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Pitt plays tonight, lets hope they can get a win to get back on track!
    Its DePaul man.... When was the last time they won a Big East game???

I may watch the first half of the Pitt DePaul game tonight. What up with Pitt so far? 4 losses already...

Glad you are still here to talk some to. Idk what happened to Nadroj....

Hopefully this thread will pick up some!!!