Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Season Thread

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Duke beat VT last night. We played better thats for sure.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

http://www.theacc.com/genrel/020312aaa.html

Official schedule announcements for when Pitt and Syracuse join.

18 game schedule. Each school has 1 partner that it plays 2 times EVERY year. It used to be 2 that you played twice every year. Pitts is Maryland. Syracuses is BC.

Then there are 4 teams you play twice a year based on a three year rotation.

So thats 10 games. Then you play the other 8 teams once. Thats 18.

So over 3 years you play your primary partner 6 times and the other 12 4 times.

It also talks about football too if anyone cares...

What ya think?

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I saw this. I'd like to play everybody though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I saw this. I'd like to play everybody though.
    You do play everyone once a year. If you mean you'd like to play everyone twice a year, well 26 conf. games ain't gonna happen lol.

It hasn't been a true balanced schedule since it was 9 teams and you played everyone twice for 16 games.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Pitt baby once again. Had a huge lead after the first, kinda fell apart in the second missing shots, not getting rebounds, but again pulls out with win by 9 and now 4-7 in the Big East. Gotta keep truckin'! Now South Florida another team we CAN beat. GO PITT!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

This is not a good Duke team. Too young. Too inconsistent. No leadership.

Ugh.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Duke had a great chance to beat Maryland, but 0-6 in FT in OT just will never cut it.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    You do play everyone once a year. If you mean you'd like to play everyone twice a year, well 26 conf. games ain't gonna happen lol.

It hasn't been a true balanced schedule since it was 9 teams and you played everyone twice for 16 games.
    I think I was referring to football, but o well. Should be interesting with Pitt playing Duke and NC.

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Duke had a great chance to beat Maryland, but 0-6 in FT in OT just will never cut it.
    It was Miami, but yeah we could have won that game. Freshmen missing ft's, Seth Curry a 89% ft shooter missing ft's.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see a good finish for us.

Carolina on Wednesday night, oh boy...

It was Miami, but yeah we could have won that game. Freshmen missing ft's, Seth Curry a 89% ft shooter missing ft's.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see a good finish for us.

Carolina on Wednesday night, oh boy...
    My bad I have no idea why I was thinking Maryland! Well at least they're ranked :P try being Pitt.

Speaking of my Panthers we got a good game tonight South Florida and a win would put us at 5-7 in the conference and in the top 9 or 8. Gotta keep winning and moving up! GO PITT.

- Greg Lloyd

THE GAME is tonight.

Duke-Carolina. The best rivalry in all of sports.

I hope we win but I honestly think Carolina wins 10+

And Pitt doesn't show up tonight. Not a team to be losing to when we are fighting to climb the Big East. Horrible shots, no rebounds, and sadly not much effort tonight. Gotta give South Florida credit, but Pitt just had a bad game.

- Greg Lloyd

Okay I have settled down now.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was maybe the best Duke-Carolina game EVER!

Austin Rivers with the 3 at the buzzer to win!!

Hopefully this jump starts Duke!!!

Still can't get over that game last night...

Just amazing.

And Pitt doesn't show up tonight. Not a team to be losing to when we are fighting to climb the Big East. Horrible shots, no rebounds, and sadly not much effort tonight. Gotta give South Florida credit, but Pitt just had a bad game.
    I mean...

The odds of Pitt turning it around weren't to great honestly.

They can still do it though. Bad loss though.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

It was great going to the UK over Florida win the other day, after the way that the Cats blew out the number 7 Gators I do not know what team would be able to beat them a neutral court.

And Pitt loses again to Seton Hall. No D, no rebounding. I'm watching this team blow away in the wind, slowly, but surely.

- Greg Lloyd

And Pitt loses again to Seton Hall. No D, no rebounding. I'm watching this team blow away in the wind, slowly, but surely.
    I have a feeling next year will be better, but the only thing I worry about is that both Gibbs and Robinson will be gone and those two are a big part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I have a feeling next year will be better, but the only thing I worry about is that both Gibbs and Robinson will be gone and those two are a big part of the team.
    I feel the same way, but Woodall is more of a complete player who holds this team together, combined with the best recruiting staff in the nation we will be fine.

- Greg Lloyd

I feel the same way, but Woodall is more of a complete player who holds this team together, combined with the best recruiting staff in the nation we will be fine.
    First of all man, thats an amazing sig!!! Have you seen Episode I in 3D yet? I am trying to for sure.

But how do you get that Pitt has the best recruiting staff in the nation? Pitt has yet under Dixon to be able to consistently get top talent. I think thats why you guys haven't been able to have NCAAT success.

Just my observations.

You still got the BE tourney chance to get in!

Hopefully Pitt turns it around next year.

First of all man, thats an amazing sig!!! Have you seen Episode I in 3D yet? I am trying to for sure.

But how do you get that Pitt has the best recruiting staff in the nation? Pitt has yet under Dixon to be able to consistently get top talent. I think thats why you guys haven't been able to have NCAAT success.

Just my observations.

You still got the BE tourney chance to get in!

Hopefully Pitt turns it around next year.
    I am proud to say that I am the largest Star Wars nerd around. Being 20 years old and owning as much SW collectables, action figures, movies, posters, and books as I do is so insane it's not right Yes I saw it at the midnight release, got the collectable Darth Maul 3D glasses and even got my hands on the super rare Pod Racer 3D glasses. I love knowing people.

How can you not say that. How many chances have they had to win the Nation title in the past. Yes they blew it all those years, but it has nothing to do with recruitment.

- Greg Lloyd

I am proud to say that I am the largest Star Wars nerd around. Being 20 years old and owning as much SW collectables, action figures, movies, posters, and books as I do is so insane it's not right Yes I saw it at the midnight release, got the collectable Darth Maul 3D glasses and even got my hands on the super rare Pod Racer 3D glasses. I love knowing people.

How can you not say that. How many chances have they had to win the Nation title in the past. Yes they blew it all those years, but it has nothing to do with recruitment.
    Sweet man. I love Star Wars too. Thats awesome you got all those perks.

What do you consider "a chance to win the national title"? Just getting in the tournament with a top seed? Pitt has consistently disappointed in the NCAAT. One Elite Eight appearance is the best they have done under Dixon right? I like Dixon. But he has yet to get over that NCAAT hump, which is a big deal because thats what matters. Kinda like Marty Schottenhemer I guess. And a part of that has to do with the fact that, for whatever reason, Dixon and/or Pitt cannot consistently get top talent.

I think Pitt has been a top 15 or top 10 program over the last 15 years, but they have no where near the talent as some other top programs. Hell if I know why, maybe Dixon does not want top talent to play the kind of ball he likes.

It also doesn't help trying to win the NT when the players play badly in the NCAAT. I think we all remember the Pitt players late game performance against Butler last year....

Well, tonight is the final battle between West Virginia and Pitt. The Backyard Brawl is dead. I'd say Pitt won the war with more victories in football and basketball, but lets end this with a W tonight. As much as I hate West Virginia (XT would know about that ), its been a fun rivalry.

Duke vs. NC State tonight. Really excited about this one.

Take that back, Pitt has the most wins in Football and WV has the most wins in basketball.

Literally could break something right now....

Taylor just needs to go...

I really worry sometimes that Robinson is going to lose it and just nail someone.

I miss Brad Wanamaker, Gilbert Brown, and Gary McGhee so bad....

Looks like they'll be burning couches tonight in Morgantown.