Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Season Thread

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 Season Thread

This Duke team has no leadership, no heart, no killer instinct....

Up 22 on St. Johns, a bunch of freshman who play street ball, and let them come all the way back....

Have to get better...

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

HOW ABOUT THEM PANTHERS BABY!? Beating #10 Georgetown 72-60 handily with a 19-0 run in the first half! :0 I'm telling you Woodall injured killed the moral and offense of this team and now that Gibbs moved back to his position and Woodall is 100% they are on fire.

I have all the confidence they can make a late season surge for the tourny. Monday is a HUGE game. Backyard brawl in WVU who will have some fire after they got ripped off on todays game. A win against them and just like that we have 3 conference wins under our belt. I believe, GO PITT!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Pitt played great last night.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Pitt played great last night.
    Most to the point post ever made WVU tomorrow! Leggo Pitt!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Most to the point post ever made WVU tomorrow! Leggo Pitt!
    Let's murder them.

Let's murder them.
    Pitt won. Pitt will win tomorrow. Great win yesterday. They played well. Love Steelerdude15.

- Greg Lloyd

Pitt won. Pitt will win tomorrow. Great win yesterday. They played well. Love Steelerdude15.
    That pretty much sums me up.

Haha! You're a man (boy) of many words!

- Greg Lloyd

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Did Pitt win???

Yes 70-62.

- Greg Lloyd

It was a joke bc of y'all's exchange lol

Should have know. Damnit.

- Greg Lloyd

Haha! You're a man (boy) of many words!
    Boy? I'm older than you.

Boy? I'm older than you.
    You are?!

- Greg Lloyd

Pitt-WV and UCONN-Duke (Womens) on at 7 ESPN & ESPN2 tonight.

Let's Go Pitt!

- Greg Lloyd

Question:

Have Pitt and WVU agreed to play an OOC game in basketball and football once Pitt come over to the ACC? Or still talking about it? Or not?

You are?!
    Yep, I turn twenty two in October. Lets go Pitt!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Question:

Have Pitt and WVU agreed to play an OOC game in basketball and football once Pitt come over to the ACC? Or still talking about it? Or not?
    I haven't heard of anything.

Not sure Steeldevil. Man I'm so excited for this game. Thankfuly I work in the Electronics department tonight so I can rep the Pitt game on 22 flat screens!

- Greg Lloyd

This game is so stressful!

Woo hoo!

WOW! Another W and in WVU! What can I say ever since Woodall came back every single player on this team has played better. The defense is stronger, more rebound and better shots. Moving up the Big East. Still a long climb to go, but I like our chances.

- Greg Lloyd

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

Pitt is finally starting looking like the team they have been for the past decade. Woodall has made a huge difference since he has back, if we can get some more presence on the inside this can be a pretty intimidating team during the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
    Pitt is finally starting looking like the team they have been for the past decade. Woodall has made a huge difference since he has back, if we can get some more presence on the inside this can be a pretty intimidating team during the rest of the season.
    Pitt just needs to keep playing like they must win every game to get in the tourny. I mean truly I think they can only lose 1-2 more games at most if they want a chance to be looked at when it comes March.

Nova and Seton Hall coming up. Two games that Pitt can win, but if they grow any swag or over confidence they will lose.

- Greg Lloyd

Pitt just needs to keep playing like they must win every game to get in the tourny. I mean truly I think they can only lose 1-2 more games at most if they want a chance to be looked at when it comes March.

Nova and Seton Hall coming up. Two games that Pitt can win, but if they grow any swag or over confidence they will lose.
    Its gonna be real tough...

Going 9-9 and winning 2 games in the BE tourney will put them on the bubble I think.

Like I said, that will be real tough.

Just win the BE tourney and no worries!!

F'in UCONN convicts did it that way last year. 9-9 in BE and won BE tourney. Got lucky as hell along the way in the NCAA, but they did it.....

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Its gonna be real tough...

Going 9-9 and winning 2 games in the BE tourney will put them on the bubble I think.

Like I said, that will be real tough.

Just win the BE tourney and no worries!!

F'in UCONN convicts did it that way last year. 9-9 in BE and won BE tourney. Got lucky as hell along the way in the NCAA, but they did it.....
    Here's the positive. The Big East is a weak conference. Sure Sure Syracuse is 22-1, but the rest of the teams have at least 4 overall losses and 2 plus conference losses. A weak conference means Pitt has a shot to maybe not win the BE Tournament, but get far enough to be on the bubble into the Tournament.

The biggest concern as of now is to finish off this season without losing more than 2 games in the conference. Nova and Seton Hall are beatable teams and would automatically launch Pitt to 5-7 in the Big East and not in the top 6 to 7. Just gotta keep winning simple as that.

- Greg Lloyd

Here's the positive. The Big East is a weak conference. Sure Sure Syracuse is 22-1, but the rest of the teams have at least 4 overall losses and 2 plus conference losses. A weak conference means Pitt has a shot to maybe not win the BE Tournament, but get far enough to be on the bubble into the Tournament.

The biggest concern as of now is to finish off this season without losing more than 2 games in the conference. Nova and Seton Hall are beatable teams and would automatically launch Pitt to 5-7 in the Big East and not in the top 6 to 7. Just gotta keep winning simple as that.
    It actually works the opposite. A .500 conference record team is more likely to make it to the NCAAT if the conference is strong than if it is weak. More elite teams in a conference makes it really hard to win games and thus a .500 or better record is very good. Few elite teams (or just 1) means it is not as hard to win and a .500 record does not look as impressive.

The ACC used to get 7-9 teams in the NCAAT every once in a while the conference was so good.

Ahh gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

- Greg Lloyd

Go Georgetown tonight. Uconn's current trend pleases me.