Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Season Thread

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Just checked. DePaul has won 2 BE games in the last 3 seasons.

2-52 .......

I feel like you cant be that bad by accident. They must be TRYING to be bad....

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I forgot Oliver Purnell was the coach at DePaul now. He must be turning them around pretty fast.

We shall see.

Bad loss for Pitt....

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

That makes Pitt 0-3 in the Big East on the season, and their 4th straight loss...not what I wanted to see halfway through the season

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Things certainly aren't going well for Pitt. I hope Dixon can get these guys fired up.

Well it is officially 100% Duke basketball season for me. With a little NBA in there as well.

I will probably start posting a lot more in here now.

Pitt with 39 points last night. At home....

Without really seeing them play this year, I think the problem may be that Pitt does not have the big guy presence that they have had in past seasons. I think Pitt got outrebounded by about 20 last night??? Not very Pitt like.

Hopefully they can figure it out. I don't want them to start sucking right before they come over. That would suck.

Anyway, Duke plays Virginia tonight.

Most excited I've been for a game against UVA in a while. Glad they are getting good again.

Great game.

Duke by 3.

Carolina got blown the fuck out.

No one to talk to on facebook, they must all be under a rock.

Tehy all wanna talk after we lose though, and I do talk. But they all scatter after they lose.

Pitt lost again...

I have a feeling Im gonna be REAL lonely in here the rest of the season....

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I hope Pitt can pick it up. I really hope Jamie can get these guys motivated.

Duke beats Clemson by about 7.

I'll take it.

Some good game today. Pitt needs to turn it around now if they want to make the NCAAT. Other wise they will have to win the BE tourney to get it.

Roy Williams left 5 walkons on the court while he and the other players left the court to avoid the FSU students harming them in any way....

This was with about 15 seconds left.

Yes, Roy abandoned 5 of his players....

The guy is a joke... Always has been. He does so much stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Roy Williams left 5 walkons on the court while he and the other players left the court to avoid the FSU students harming them in any way....

This was with about 15 seconds left.

Yes, Roy abandoned 5 of his players....

The guy is a joke... Always has been. He does so much stupid shit.
    That is pretty messed up.

Pitt loses at #1 Syracuse.

They need to start winning soon, obviously...

Too many more losses and they will be forced to win the BE tourney to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Pitt loses at #1 Syracuse.

They need to start winning soon, obviously...

Too many more losses and they will be forced to win the BE tourney to get in.
    Yeah, this season has been rough. I feel that Gibbs and Robinson are the only two who are really doing anything. Everyone else seems to be playing extremely sloppy. Poor passing, bad defense, and turnovers are killing this team.

Pitt did look good against Syracuse. Hopefully only losing by 8 AT the #1 team will get their confidence going. Dixon will get them going, he is a good coach. They could still finish with around a .500 BE record.

And if things do continue to go south, hopefully they at least pick it up back to their elite level before they join the ACC. I was excited about 2 elite teams coming over to the conference, I would be disappointed if it turned into only 1 elite team coming over...

Duke wins big against Wake Forest.

State and Virginia both win as well. Hope they can keep it up.

And VT wont have to worry about being on the bubble this year. Already 0-4 and still have Virginia AND Duke both TWICE.

College Gameday is at Pitt right now. I really like Jamie Dixon. If he wasn't already kinda up there in age I would love him to take over for Coach K.

I'm going to the Duke-FSU game today!!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I also like Dixon, he's an amazing coach. This Pitt team is pretty rotten though...

If there's any blame for any of this, it has to go to the players. They're playing without any heart and are playing sloppy.

Well Duke lost and I witnessed Duke lose at Cameron for the first time. Every other time I have ever been there we have won.

Oh well FSU is very good.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Welp Pitt is what 0-7 in the conference ouch. I really think the Tourny is out of their picture unless they wake up. Ill be at the game tomorrow at Providence in the Oakland Zoo. I love being a Pitt student, $5 tickets woot!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Welp Pitt is what 0-7 in the conference ouch. I really think the Tourny is out of their picture unless they wake up. Ill be at the game tomorrow at Providence in the Oakland Zoo. I love being a Pitt student, $5 tickets woot!
    Bastard.

Thats an awesome setup steelpride12. I didn't have to pay to get into athletic events when I was in school, just walk up or for big games get a ticket early. But I was at UNC-Greensboro. Less demand for athletic events than at a school like Pitt.

Anyway, Duke at Maryland tonight. They are honoring Coach Gary Williams (he retired for anyone who has been under a rock) by naming the court after him. They are also wearing special shoes as well. All this against Duke of course. I love their inferiority complex with Duke. Quite similar to the Ravens inferiority complex with the Steelers to be completely honest. Except that, dispite what Maryland and heir fans think, they are not Duke's rival. UNC is.

The big question is: With the floor at Cole now having Gary Williams name on it, will the floor sweat as much as Gary Williams does???

Sweat Gary Sweat!!

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

I got my tickets to the UK v Tennessee and Florida games last night. These next two weeks are going to be awesome!

FINALLY

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

YES!!!! Pitt won a game!!! Now 1-7 in the Big East Hell when the tandem of Gibbs and Woodall playing well we can beat a lot of quality teams. Just need to take it one step at a time, but a huge game coming up.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

When Mason Plumlee has games like that one I buy into the lottery pick hype he has. Hope he keeps playing that way.

Good way to open up Gary Williams Court.