Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Going To My 1st Ever Pirates Game In Pittsburgh.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

I'm Going To My 1st Ever Pirates Game In Pittsburgh.

I am going to see the Pirates play the San Diego Padres on July 24th in Pittsburgh. It will be my 1st time at PNC Park and 1st time seeing the Pirates play in person. I also will get to see the Steve Miller Band live right after the game for the 1st time (Whew! A lot of firsts!). Any suggestions on what to see/eat/do/look for at the park? I've heard the stadium is really nice so I'm excited (plus I'm an Orioles fan, so it won't take much to get me excited! ). I appreciate any input.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Re: I'm Going To My 1st Ever Pirates Game In Pittsburgh.

Primanti Brothers is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Primanti Brothers is a must.
    Is there one in the stadium? I've been wanting to try their food. I've heard good things.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    Is there one in the stadium? I've been wanting to try their food. I've heard good things.
    Why yes they are all around the stadium.. I would also suggest the all-you-can-eat for $35.. All the restaurant's around the Park are good.. Not sure where you are sitting but go to the section 202 to the patio deck and check out the view inside the Park and of the city.. WOW!!

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I am going to see the Pirates play the San Diego Padres on July 24th in Pittsburgh. It will be my 1st time at PNC Park and 1st time seeing the Pirates play in person. I also will get to see the Steve Miller Band live right after the game for the 1st time (Whew! A lot of firsts!). Any suggestions on what to see/eat/do/look for at the park? I've heard the stadium is really nice so I'm excited (plus I'm an Orioles fan, so it won't take much to get me excited! ). I appreciate any input.
    Do yourself a favor and show up when the band hits the field. There won't be any entertainment before then.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Do yourself a favor and show up when the band hits the field. There won't be any entertainment before then.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....................

When the Buc's are in the WS in a few years you will be wishing you hadn't thought bad thoughts..

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

PNC Park is fantastic, very very nice field.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....................

When the Buc's are in the WS in a few years you will be wishing you hadn't thought bad thoughts..
    In all seriousness I hope you have a GREAT time and that the Pirates win and if and when either the Pirates or Cubbies get to the WS I will watch, but I aint holdin' my Breath. Gave up on BASEBALL during the '95 strike and they have never given me a reason to come back.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Hey, I'm just trying to make sure he has fun and doesn't want ask for a refund about midway through the 3rd inning. As for that WS, they may get there in a few years...in MLB 2013...

Hey, I'm just trying to make sure he has fun and doesn't want ask for a refund about midway through the 3rd inning. As for that WS, they may get there in a few years...in MLB 2013...
    I DO NOT COMPUTE...

You must have missed the part where I said I was an O's fan! ANYTHING is better than THAT!

How about beer? What kinds of craft or microbrews do they have? I'm not a domestics kind of guy.

You must have missed the part where I said I was an O's fan! ANYTHING is better than THAT!

How about beer? What kinds of craft or microbrews do they have? I'm not a domestics kind of guy.
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you - the Hall of Fame Club in left field may have some good microbrews. I don't drink beer at games - haven't had one at any sporting event in over 3 years.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you - the Hall of Fame Club in left field may have some good microbrews. I don't drink beer at games - haven't had one at any sporting event in over 3 years.
    Drinking takes the value and excitement out of watching a sporting event.

Trib Total Media Hall of Fame Club Menu Items

• Ten different appetizer options ranging from Pierogies to nachos to crab fries
    • Four salads: Pittsburgh chicken or steak, Caesar, Greek and Tossed House
    • Sandwich options ranging from a Mediterranean Veggie Toaster to a Smoked Turkey Wrap
    • Four burgers ranging from a veggie burger to a Build-Your-Own burger
    • An all-beef Hebrew National foot long hot dog
    • Specialty Baskets ranging from ribs to Ahi tuna to a kids' basket
    • Gourmet Desserts including Tiramisu cups and chocolate covered Cheesecake on a stick
    • Pepsi products, premium cocktails, wines by the glass, bottled and premium draught beers
    If you really want to know what imports send an email to her: ann.elder@pirates.com

Drinking takes the value and excitement out of watching a sporting event.

Trib Total Media Hall of Fame Club Menu Items

• Ten different appetizer options ranging from Pierogies to nachos to crab fries
    • Four salads: Pittsburgh chicken or steak, Caesar, Greek and Tossed House
    • Sandwich options ranging from a Mediterranean Veggie Toaster to a Smoked Turkey Wrap
    • Four burgers ranging from a veggie burger to a Build-Your-Own burger
    • An all-beef Hebrew National foot long hot dog
    • Specialty Baskets ranging from ribs to Ahi tuna to a kids' basket
    • Gourmet Desserts including Tiramisu cups and chocolate covered Cheesecake on a stick
    • Pepsi products, premium cocktails, wines by the glass, bottled and premium draught beers
    If you really want to know what imports send an email to her: ann.elder@pirates.com
    Thanks for the info!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Enjoy it, its a great stadium and you do get a great view of the city. Plus, you get to see Steve Miller which is awesome.

Thanks for the info!
    Remember that when you see me at Camden Yards... I'm the guy that goes to games with all Pittsburgh gear on. We went to one of the games last year when your guys played the Tigers and when they announced that Jim Harbaugh was there and showed him on the jumbo screen, my GF and I both stood up (Sitting in front of 3rd base) and faced the crowd and held up out Steelers jackets. Have you ever heard 20000 some thousand people boo before??? Plus it was right before the Stanley Cup Finals and I had a Crosby T'shirt on... So I had pissed off all Baltimore AND Detroit fans... It felt oh so good... lol

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Remember that when you see me at Camden Yards... I'm the guy that goes to games with all Pittsburgh gear on. We went to one of the games last year when your guys played the Tigers and when they announced that Jim Harbaugh was there and showed him on the jumbo screen, my GF and I both stood up (Sitting in front of 3rd base) and faced the crowd and held up out Steelers jackets. Have you ever heard 20000 some thousand people boo before??? Plus it was right before the Stanley Cup Finals and I had a Crosby T'shirt on... So I had pissed off all Baltimore AND Detroit fans... It felt oh so good... lol
    YES YES YES!!!

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

You will really love the park. It is very nice and the view of the city and the river are awesome. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. Take a ride up one of the inclines to the top of Mount Washington LINK. That is one of the things I always do for visiting family and friends.

Another must to do things I do when people come to visit is to take them on a tour of the city via river boat. Gateway Clipper provides a great tour and is close to the incline so you can do both. LINK
    Last edited by cakmakli; 07-02-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Get a Peppi's sub from one of the street vendors outside the park. Skip Primanti's, it's overrated.

Awesome! I love it when Raven fans get a better team rubbed in their faces! I get so sick of hearing EVERY DAMNED YEAR that the Ravens are a Super Bowl contender before training camp even starts. Way to represent BPS!

Quote Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
    You will really love the park. It is very nice and the view of the city and the river are awesome. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. Take a ride up one of the inclines to the top of Mount Washington LINK. That is one of the things I always do for visiting family and friends.

Another must to do things I do when people come to visit is to take them on a tour of the city via river boat. Gateway Clipper provides a great tour and is close to the incline so you can do both. LINK
    I have been to Pittsburgh a couple of times before and toured Hines Field which was super cool. I haven't had a chance to hit Mt. Washington or the Gateway Clipper yet though. Maybe we'll get a chance this time. Thanks for the suggestions!

I have been to Pittsburgh a couple of times before and toured Hines Field which was super cool. I haven't had a chance to hit Mt. Washington or the Gateway Clipper yet though. Maybe we'll get a chance this time. Thanks for the suggestions!
    It's $12.50 a person for the Clipper and is for about an hour and well worth it.. I haven't done the incline in the Burgh as I do go to the Johnstown one a lot. Johnstown is the steepest one in the world...

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

Here is a picture of the Clipper.

Picture of the park from Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Good place to park. Public parking garage, costs $10 and it's just a nice short walk across Clemente Bridge to the Park.

Walking across Clemente Bridge toward Downtown after the game.

And don't forget to Tip the Sax Man.
    Last edited by cakmakli; 07-19-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

OH how I love just sitting their watching the beautiful view of the city from PNC Park! Illl be at the game the day before Friday the 23rd, but you will love it win or lose. Yes get a Primanti's sandwhich somewhere in the stadium or the Quaker Steak and Lube Wings are amazing as well.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    OH how I love just sitting their watching the beautiful view of the city from PNC Park! Illl be at the game the day before Friday the 23rd, but you will love it win or lose. Yes get a Primanti's sandwhich somewhere in the stadium or the Quaker Steak and Lube Wings are amazing as well.
    For sure get a Primanti's. It really hits the spot. Here is my son stuffing his face:

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

MMM. You have taught your son well! Makes me excited for Friday Ill be heading to the game woo! I always loved the original primanti's in the strip district the best!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

MMM. You have taught your son well! Makes me excited for Friday Ill be heading to the game woo! I always loved the original primanti's in the strip district the best!
    I love the Strip. To me it's one of my favorite parts of the city. I love going down there and just walking around to see what's new.

I do wish that they would close off Penn Ave. there to vehicle traffic at certain times like maybe on Sat afternoons. You could have more street vendors set up and make it like a 5 block open air market.

Quote Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
    I love the Strip. To me it's one of my favorite parts of the city. I love going down there and just walking around to see what's new.

I do wish that they would close off Penn Ave. there to vehicle traffic at certain times like maybe on Sat afternoons. You could have more street vendors set up and make it like a 5 block open air market.
    I agree, I guess they figure blocking off more of the road would cause more traffic, but ahh the vendors are the best part, shopping for stuff all day long and finishing it off true Primanti's!

- Greg Lloyd

I agree, I guess they figure blocking off more of the road would cause more traffic, but ahh the vendors are the best part, shopping for stuff all day long and finishing it off true Primanti's!
    Haha, we are talking Pittsburgh here. This is the city of traffic delays, detours, bridge closures, and streets that go nowhere.