Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Suisham worry you?

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Does Suisham worry you?

The guy did a great job last year and I'll give him that. This year coming into this game he's 6-9 and missed a critical field goal against Indy even though he made the 38 yard game winner. He scares me. I was one who thought we shoulda kept Reed. I know he struggled last year but he was clutch. I have a feeling that Suisham will be a problem in the future. I don't like the way he kicks and he looks like it gets to him sometimes. Just a thought but I don't want this guy kicking long term.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Does Suisham worry you?

Quote Originally Posted by steel9guy View Post
    I was one who thought we shoulda kept Reed. I know he struggled last year but he was clutch.
    Reed sucked ass and was no longer anywhere near being clutch (see the horrible shank of a chip shot against NE last year for one example), which is why he was sent packing. There is a very good reason why Reed is currently unemployed. That being said, I'm quickly losing faith in Suisham as well.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

He's been missing FGs that any NFL kicker should be making, too. I could understand if those misses were from 50+, but he should be reasonably expected to make a 46-yarder even at Heinz. I don't think he'll be kicking here long-term.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Hell yea he worries me extensively. Reed started to miss a lot either because he was losing it or was protesting because he couldn't have his way in certain matters. But yea, Suis is about a C+ or B- kicker. He can tackle, but how often is that needed by a kicker ? Yea, he scares me...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

He can tackle, but how often is that needed by a kicker ?
    when your FG gets blocked, so apparantly alot.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Correction. This WHOLE team worries me...

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Eh, it's really tough to kick in the open end of the stadium. I'm not too concerned.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

YES

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Yeah I worry especially kicking on the open end of Heinz Field

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Uh... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Eh, it's really tough to kick in the open end of the stadium. I'm not too concerned.
    Yep. Especially when you've been kicking there for the past 2-3 yrs...

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

So what was his excuse in Houston and Indy?

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

It should be tough for opponents but not us. Reed kicked that end very well.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Suisham is one of the worst kicker in the nfl

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Reed sucked ass and was no longer anywhere near being clutch (see the horrible shank of a chip shot against NE last year for one example), which is why he was sent packing. There is a very good reason why Reed is currently unemployed. That being said, I'm quickly losing faith in Suisham as well.
    Exactly! Reed deserved to get cut and Sushi was decent last year. This year he hasn't been good. It's time to bring some competition in and I'm not talking about Swayze.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    So what was his excuse in Houston and Indy?
    Just bad kicks. It happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Exactly! Reed deserved to get cut and Sushi was decent last year. This year he hasn't been good. It's time to bring some competition in and I'm not talking about Swayze.
    What do you mean by competition? Have two kickers on the roster? Cut Suisham and bring in someone else?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

What do you mean by competition? Have two kickers on the roster? Cut Suisham and bring in someone else?
    Do you trust Sushi with a game winning 46 yard FG? I certainly don't. He's 31st in the NFL in FG% this year.

Bring a couple of guys in and have a kickoff during the week. If he can't out kick them, then cut him.

He's been shanking stuff this year and his kickoffs suck too most of the time.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Do you trust Sushi with a game winning 46 yard FG? I certainly don't. He's 31st in the NFL in FG% this year.
    Nope.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

No. Even though he is a Canadian, I do not trust him if the game is on the line. Blocked FG, and not good over 45 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Bring a couple of guys in and have a kickoff during the week. If he can't out kick them, then cut him.

He's been shanking stuff this year and his kickoffs suck too most of the time.
    I don't have an Adam Vinitari amount of trust in him but sure, I think he's capable of making it.

Bringing guys in practice isn't going to tell you a whole lot. Especially when your issue is the "clutch" factor. Can't tell how clutch you are unless you're in a game situation.

He's gearing up to cost the team a big game. I see it coming.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

the thing that reallllyyy worries me is it seems like we win a lot of games by 3 and if we cant trust the kicker we are in trouble and the O will start pressing and making mistakes!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Yes he worries me even on 30-40 ydrs those should be gimmes even at Heinz Field that one he missed the wind wasnt even blowing thats what the annoucers said. When we need a big kick i have a feeling he wont come through. Its not always the game winning FG's that worry me its every FG even in the 1st qtr every point matters against every team in the NFL

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

I get nervous every time he lines up. I don't even feel like extra points are automatic with him. He doesn't seem to exude much confidence to me.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

Not a big Suisham fan. He did well last season, but he was well known for being inconsistent before we signed him.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

he starts off slow. just wait until the second half of the season
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

He's middle of the pack as a fg kicker. But I'll give him credit for one thing, he's not afraid to stick his head in and make a tackle on a return. Got another one today. He's probably saved us at least 10 points with his tackling so far this season, so in the end it sorta cancel's out his mediocrity as a kicker?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Yea, he's 'one' of my worries on the team. He's not that reliable 40yrds or so, which is why Tomlin doesn't try anything in the 45 yrd range. I agree with what was said earlier....he's going to miss a 30 -40 yrdr early in game that's going to come back and haunt us and cost us the game. Would I feel good with a tied game, 1 second left, and him kicking a 30 yrdr for win ......UGH, heart attack, and hell no !!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It is difficult kicking a 46 yarder in the open end of the stadium, the offense should have put Suisam in a better position rather than committing two holding penalties and then throwing a 3 yard pass on 3rd & 11 with a defender so close to a defender.